TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Do you guys all have access to big lathes, or do you have the table top variety? Been considering one to make my own emitters and extensions for all the weirdo 2 cell flashes I get for custom sabers.

Hey guys, I've 'finished' my vintage TFA saber :D I used the Graflex 2.0 grips as potentially temporary options to make it look different from my ESB. I also went with the Maz box saber, again to differentiate. I accidentally cut the grips half a mm shorter than Roy's calculated dimensions but ended up with the grips looking much further than half a mil from the end than the movie saber, so I'm not sure what happened there:

View attachment 658062View attachment 658063View attachment 658064

Not quite sure why the RPF upload decided to rotate the images there...

Here it is in all its screenshot comparison glory :D

View attachment 658065View attachment 658066View attachment 658067

Thanks again to Roy for his screen accurate parts kit :D

God yours looks so much better :lol

Did you drill an extra hole past the one that is already there in the kit so the T-grips are raised from the bottom? I have a 2.(1) kit and really want to do what you did!

Do you guys all have access to big lathes, or do you have the table top variety? Been considering one to make my own emitters and extensions for all the weirdo 2 cell flashes I get for custom sabers.
I don't have anything, except a cordless drill, a screw, a washer, and a nut to turn it.

For what it's worth, my translucent TFA cards are here...

TranslucentTFACard.jpg

And though they're not as clear as I'd like, they are nice translucent FR4 PCB material, gold plated traces - selling them cheaper than my other cards as they didn't turn out quite as clear as I'd hoped. - $15, free shipping as always.

www.slothfurnace.com

Hi dante2887,

welcome aboard with your first post ... I'll quote your question again so it will gather the reply you're looking for from tomleech :)

Chaim

Did you drill an extra hole past the one that is already there in the kit so the T-grips are raised from the bottom? I have a 2.(1) kit and really want to do what you did!

I have a small lathe (a little under 6x12" working area) that works well for lightsabering purposes :)

God yours looks so much better :lol

Better than what? Surely not the filming prop!

I actually used the ANH style grips and flipped them so the original 'peg' for mounting in the 2.0 was nowhere near the rivet channel I cut in the grips :D I also cut that peg off...

Hey guys, I've 'finished' my vintage TFA saber :D I used the Graflex 2.0 grips as potentially temporary options to make it look different from my ESB. I also went with the Maz box saber, again to differentiate. I accidentally cut the grips half a mm shorter than Roy's calculated dimensions but ended up with the grips looking much further than half a mil from the end than the movie saber, so I'm not sure what happened there:

View attachment 658062View attachment 658063View attachment 658064

Not quite sure why the RPF upload decided to rotate the images there...

Here it is in all its screenshot comparison glory :D

View attachment 658065View attachment 658066View attachment 658067

Thanks again to Roy for his screen accurate parts kit :D

I don't know how I missed this. beautiful job!! where did you find that stand for the saber?! that's a genius design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how I missed this. beautiful job!! where did you find that stand for the saber?! that's a genius design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you :D It's my own 3d printed stand based on the PropShop ones for their lightsabers :) I might start an interest thread if I ever hit the required post number :lol I've got a few different stand designs and I always get comments wherever I post saber pictures so maybe I should take the hint ;)

Thank you :D It's my own 3d printed stand based on the PropShop ones for their lightsabers :) I might start an interest thread if I ever hit the required post number :lol I've got a few different stand designs and I always get comments wherever I post saber pictures so maybe I should take the hint ;)

oh defiantly count me in on a stand if you do! wicked nice!

I went ahead and just got some TCSS grips with the precut notches. They look close enough for me, and will save me the paint of cutting the notches, and are rubber (which we think they used?).

Hi all, today I finished my TFA Finn Hero :D. I started with the 2.0 as a base and for what its worth its pretty bang on. It'll be great for electronics too if I choose to go that route later down the line.. I used Roy's TFA set and KR Sabers emitter screw, blade plug, and slide switch. I had a spare beer tab from my ESB conversion and it fits great on the 2.0. I painted the 2.0 button burgandy but instead decided to go vintage. For the Koblold I used two old phillips screws from an old lightsaber toy mostly because I like the aesthetic. For the grips, I had a couple options- I had the stock 2.0 ESB grips, TCSS rubber grips, the 2.0 ANH grips that I could manually notch, or Roy's grips that came with the TFA set. I originally planned on using the ANH grips but I found the plastic to be pretty unforgiving so I used Roy's. I cut the grips so the dimensions of the notches are accurate and the overall length is long enough to keep a 3.5 mm gap from the clamp. I knew that if I cut the grips to an accurate 88mm then the gap between grip and clamp would exceed 3.5mm. I think they're 91mm, same as the 2.0 grips. For the rivets, I took the pins out, cut off the heads and super glued them to the grips which were then super glued to the 2.0. I'm pretty pleased with how smooth this process went and wish I did this on my ESB. Anyways, here it is:
IMG_1949.JPGIMG_1946.JPGIMG_1941.JPGIMG_1942.JPG

Hi all, today I finished my TFA Finn Hero :D. I started with the 2.0 as a base and for what its worth its pretty bang on. It'll be great for electronics too if I choose to go that route later down the line.. I used Roy's TFA set and KR Sabers emitter screw, blade plug, and slide switch. I had a spare beer tab from my ESB conversion and it fits great on the 2.0. I painted the 2.0 button burgandy but instead decided to go vintage. For the Koblold I used two old phillips screws from an old lightsaber toy mostly because I like the aesthetic. For the grips, I had a couple options- I had the stock 2.0 ESB grips, TCSS rubber grips, the 2.0 ANH grips that I could manually notch, or Roy's grips that came with the TFA set. I originally planned on using the ANH grips but I found the plastic to be pretty unforgiving so I used Roy's. I cut the grips so the dimensions of the notches are accurate and the overall length is long enough to keep a 3.5 mm gap from the clamp. I knew that if I cut the grips to an accurate 88mm then the gap between grip and clamp would exceed 3.5mm. I think they're 91mm, same as the 2.0 grips. For the rivets, I took the pins out, cut off the heads and super glued them to the grips which were then super glued to the 2.0. I'm pretty pleased with how smooth this process went and wish I did this on my ESB. Anyways, here it is:
View attachment 661631View attachment 661632View attachment 661629View attachment 661630

Nice job Puffchin. :thumbsup

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to estimate if there's enough demand to do a run for an accurate beer tab replica for owners of a Korbanth 2.0 Graflex who are unhappy with the beer tab that comes with it.
What do you say? It'll be made in stainless steel and the price $10 including shipping (as always).
Please share in other threads or point me to it please! Thanks.

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back