The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Calling out Serenity, kurtyboy and least but not last Romans Empire to join us ... lightsabers on the table, please gentlemen

OB1%20VPLG_zpsxint69qw.jpg

:)

Chaïm

Last edited:
It was part of a system I got from a now banned member. I went with straight sides, though. Never liked the look of the cone shaped part. I went with Roman's hollow clamp spacer as well. Not because I plan to add electronics or anything. Just to make it a bit lighter. I also like that everything screws together. I only have a short bolt going through the grenade used to attach the balance pipe.

Even though its still a work in progress, I guess you;d say my saber is more of an idealized version. I don't really care if my parts aren't lined up perfectly to any one screenshot or promo pic.

It was part of a system I got

Any photos you might be able to share of it? That's the most convincing looking setup, compared to scottjua's highlights of teecrooz's screenshots, I think I've seen.

I really need to pick up a two piece balance pipe to find a better understanding of how the real parts fit together.

Any photos you might be able to share of it? That's the most convincing looking setup, compared to scottjua's highlights of teecrooz's screenshots, I think I've seen.

I really need to pick up a two piece balance pipe to find a better understanding of how the real parts fit together.

I dont have that system any longer. The only part I'm still using from it is the balance pipe adapter. What it was, was a solid piece of aluminum that went under the clamp. It had a threaded hole on either end. There was a bolt that threaded into the bottom end that went through the AS handwheel and booster. Then a threaded rod that went into the other end with the adapter at the top that allowed the balance pipe to tighten down and connect the rest.

What I'm using now centers around Roman's FX Hollow Clamp Cage. That goes under the clamp and has threads that allow the booster and grenade to just screw right on. The handwheel is pressure fit to the booster and I have a small rod going through the grenade which my balance pipe screws on to.

I dont have that system any longer. The only part I'm still using from it is the balance pipe adapter.

Wait...what? I'm confused.:wacko
I was taking some more shots of my Obi saber today and took one of it broken down,
View attachment 723361

I was talking about whatever you have within the balance pipe in this photo. Is that still the same as what you had as a kit, or is it a new part from Roman?

Either way, it looks pretty spot on compared to the Obi-Wan's robe on the floor photo. If you have pics of the adapter in this photo, outside of the emitter, I'd love to see what it looks like.

Wait...what? I'm confused.:wacko

I was talking about whatever you have within the balance pipe in this photo. Is that still the same as what you had as a kit, or is it a new part from Roman?

Either way, it looks pretty spot on compared to the Obi-Wan's robe on the floor photo. If you have pics of the adapter in this photo, outside of the emitter, I'd love to see what it looks like.

Sorry for being so confusing. I had one system that I used previously, that I'm no longer using. Currently I'm using a mix and match sort of system. Here's what it looks like all broken down. There is a little adapter in the balance pipe that is sort of wedged in there but its almost identical to the Russrep version.

Obi_ANHparts2.jpg

Sorry for being so confusing. ... There is a little adapter in the balance pipe that is sort of wedged in there but its almost identical to the Russrep version.

No worries! I think I have it now.

Your photo reminds me of something that I've been wondering about....

Does anyone have a reference guide to what the different paint schemes were on the Hales Grenades and what color, banding, etc. meant what? Kind of like how resistors are colored and you can tell what its value is by its stripes.

I've seen some tan grenades, some red beveled-end ones, some paleish pink skin toned ones, some with paleish pink stripes, etc. I'd love to know what all of it signifies.

With being a plumber I see hand wheels all the time but when I see ob -wan hand wheels ( in plastic arghhhh) I cry, after all these years of throwing the original ones away never realising the importance of keeping them, but today I saw plastic !!!!!!!
IMG_0286.JPG
Gutted !!!

Truly a diamond in the ruff. That being said, if you're a plumber in the U.K., I guess that makes you a miner.
Here's to you "mining" many more :cheers

Here's mine, which I also paid for. Although, all things considered, I think I got a great deal on it. & it came predrilled for a d-ring (yet to be installed).
IMG_0579.JPG

Eventhough I had received my vintage handwheel from kurtyboy ... I still kept on checking ebay regularly and low and behold I did finally tracked another 'C' AS handwheel down in ... Germany ... for far less I might add and I could not resist the purchase

ASHandwheelC.JPG

Then ... when I finally had the opportunity to get a converted Balance Pipe ... it came with yet another vintage AS handwheel as part of the deal :

OB1-parts-03_zps98af6277.JPG

. . . now this one is rather unique, as parfaitelumiere pointed out to me, . . . it's supposed to have a metal endcap ... and as you can see the Armitage Shanks text is positioned in an arc above the 'C'.

So now you may guess which one is finally going to make it onto my all real parts OB1 lightsaber . . . together with this vintage G R A F L E X case D-ring?

GraflexCase04.JPG

To be continued . . .

Chaïm

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back