ROGUE ONE Jyn Erso - open build thread!

star-wars-celebration-jyn-erso-costume.jpg

If anyone lives in Massachusetts, these are on ebay for local pickup only:
s-l1600_zpskeopeuut.jpg

Other boot brands that used to have similar buckles seem to be Alpina, Nordica, Rossignol and Technica (there may be more)

Many have suggested that the stripes running down the arms of Jyn's jacket are screen printed with a puff ink. When this ink is heated it will produce a raised, dimensional look. I assume the signage about "printing" now confirms this assumption.

Also at 1:22 and 1:23 there appears to be a seam/stitching on the yoke of the shirt I hadn't noticed before.
View attachment 646145

This is an excellent catch. Since the yoke folds over it requires both sides of the fabric to be “right-sided”. In my pattern, I had each yoke folded at a point which is slightly off-center and then go all the way to the armscyre seam. This seam is at the same position as the fold on the opposite yoke. If the “back side” of the yoke only goes as far as this seam line it will reduce the bulk of the yoke. If this is the case, I would expect to see a similar seam on the other side.

Edit: I believe this seam only attaches the front layer of the yoke with the back layer of the yoke, it does not attach to the other folded yoke it just occurs at the same location.

Last edited:
Many have suggested that the stripes running down the arms of Jyn's jacket are screen printed with a puff ink. When this ink is heated it will produce a raised, dimensional look. I assume the signage about "printing" now confirms this assumption.

The cuffs look tan in color, not blue gray, I'm wondering if there is a different jacket under this or if the lighting is throwing it off.

The cuffs look tan in color, not blue gray, I'm wondering if there is a different jacket under this or if the lighting is throwing it off.

I agree, at Celebration we see two new Jyn articles. The poncho/concho which has a hood, and a new top. This top appears to be tan, it has a mandarin collar and I believe longer sleeves than the blouse we have seen in the earlier trailers. Also as more photos come out under different lighting conditions I am starting to believe the blouse is just dark gray without any blue hue. The previous Jyn outfit is on display at Comic Con this weekend and it is not behind glass so I am hoping we will start to see some quality new photos soon.

I just noticed the packaging for the Jyn Erso Action Figure gives her the rank of Sergeant. That might have been known before but I had missed this fact. Now I need to know what the rank insignia for sergeant looks like.

I agree, at Celebration we see two new Jyn articles. The poncho/concho which has a hood, and a new top. This top appears to be tan, it has a mandarin collar and I believe longer sleeves than the blouse we have seen in the earlier trailers. Also as more photos come out under different lighting conditions I am starting to believe the blouse is just dark gray without any blue hue. The previous Jyn outfit is on display at Comic Con this weekend and it is not behind glass so I am hoping we will start to see some quality new photos soon.

I'm not positive the cuffs at the wrists are a new top, since they are stitched just like the military/olive green jacket with the (thank you informative signage!!!!) printed stripes.

Also clarified in these photos, 8 pintucks on the pants, and a seam on the back of the legs like the front. Did anyone get close enough to see if it's a riding seam like Han Solo's? (I've had a gut feeling about that for a while.)

I've been calling the shirt "dark grey washed with a pair of new raw denim" in my head.

The "celebration" jacket does have the distinctive triple stitch line cuffs. The collar is what is inconsistent to me. Could this mandarin collar be a part of the "poncho/concho"? Ponchos don't have collars but they don't have hoods either. The term concho (other than as a "cowboy" chaps or belt decoration) is new to me.

Just got a new screen shot I wanted to share. Hopefully it is helpful to someone. Definitely showing off the tonfa.

jes.png

The "celebration" jacket does have the distinctive triple stitch line cuffs. The collar is what is inconsistent to me. Could this mandarin collar be a part of the "poncho/concho"? Ponchos don't have collars but they don't have hoods either. The term concho (other than as a "cowboy" chaps or belt decoration) is new to me.

Rain ponchos have hoods. The mandarin collar looks like it's part of the poncho - it looks like the collar is attached over the top/at the collar seam as if it were detachable, though I don't think it is (and wow, "concho" is an unfortunate typo...)

There might be a shorter mandarin collar on the jacket as well, you can see a tiny bit peeking out of the poncho.

Hi,

i tried to grab some pics of the Jyn costume at SWCE but it was damned difficult with the lighting, the glass and the fact that they were much further away than the troopers. Real shame. All the Rebel team pics can be found at the Photobucket album located at:

http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/Ian_Reach/library/SWCE - RO - Rebels?sort=3&page=1

I hope that there are some points / details that help. Unfortunately, with the the poncho on, the jacket and undershirt details could not be seen. Also the angle of the dummy in the glass box on the stage made it difficult to get good shots of the boots etc.

Best,
Yutani Exec

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back