Krampus Bell

TJackFx

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Inspired by B Wo's build http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=252059 I decided to try my hand at making my own Krampus bell. Sorry for the iphone pics.

I started with sculpting the basic shape out of clay
IMG_2495.JPG

I made a quick throw away mold of this so that I could cast 2 parts in resin to carve everything into. I sanded down the domes a bit to get a shape I felt was closer to the movie prop. Got to work with the dremel and some files to etch in the text and markings. I purposely decided not to worry about making all the lines perfectly straight as the prop and the WETA one I used for reference didn't seem clean either. I also roughed up the surface to give it some texture.

IMG_2498.JPG

Once I had these to a point I was satisfied with it was time to toss them under more silicone. I forgot to take a pic after I added the top of the bell.
Cast the first one in onyx so that I had a black base to work with when painting it up. Taking a page from B Wo, I added a bell to the inside to give it a nice jingle :)

IMG_2507.JPG

Here's a few shots of the 2 halves stuck together.

Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpg

Started adding a few washes to it.

IMG_2514.JPG

And... added to the tree :)

IMG_2520.JPG

TJack That turned out great!

I got my WETA one months and months after the March delivery estimation. I was disappointed. Then again, it was $15.

Last edited by a moderator:
@TJack That turned out great!

I got my WETA one months and months after the March delivery estimation. I was disappointed. Then again, it was $15.

Thanks man, I really like yours as well. What was wrong with the WETA one if you don't mind me asking?

I have the WETA one as well. It's a great piece for the price (if you can put up with the wait). Definitely smaller than i thought it would be. Yours looks great. Such a fun movie.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back