Conan <> Jade Snake Amulet

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Couldn't find a replica so I made this one and printed it at Shapeways. I painted the hangers gold but other than that this is the way it came from Shapeways.

The green is not bad. It could probably benefit from a good paint job though.

Last edited:
Re: Conan --------- Snake Amulet

Yeah slap a good paint job on it and you are good to go!

Ry sells these sometimes cast off an original iirc

Yeah slap a good paint job on it and you are good to go!

Ry sells these sometimes cast off an original iirc
No Rylo sells the eye amulet. There was another seller who used to make these in a translucent jade resin and they were incredible. I sold mine a year ago and regret it :(

I stand corrected!

I remember the jade one, NEVER SELL YO STASH! ;) :lol

that's petty cool jintosh!:ninja
all it really needs is a brown and black wash and it would make it look the way you want

The one I was referring to was made by TK570. I don't think he ever did another run of them :(
But this one above is awesome too. So there might be a chance in the future to acquire another one (hint hint) ;)

If I had the time and money, I'd start resin casting. I still might. But the material is costly and I'd be making mistakes since I'm new.

This is a prop that would be better in clear green resin. Definitely.

I'm heading out to Michaels to look into learning resin casting. I did one small object before, but nothing like this. It should be interesting.

We don't really have a good hobby store where I live.

doing the clear resin is a bit tricky...let us know how it goes.
sometimes you nail it on the first try and others your like; "what the heck am i doing wrong?!!?" so keep us informed in case you run into trouble.

I'm heading out to Michaels to look into learning resin casting. I did one small object before, but nothing like this. It should be interesting.

We don't really have a good hobby store where I live.

--Update--

Michaels had Polyester clear resin and the catalyst. But no dyes and only small containers of molding material. Looks like I'm off to eBay next. :rolleyes

try amazon too!....be very careful when buying silicone off ebay people....you have to remember this stuff has a shelf life and if some weirdo let it sit on a self in his garage for 9 months unopened...the material inside could still be unusable bubble gum!!!!!!!!

--Update--

Michaels had Polyester clear resin and the catalyst. But no dyes and only small containers of molding material. Looks like I'm off to eBay next. :rolleyes

I have a newer version that's better in the works. I don't have a vacuum chamber, so I'll be having Futurescape doing the casting.

Nice looking piece but if you can cast it in tinted resin it will make all the difference. I have attached a couple of pics of mine, which I have had for years and it hangs around the hilt of my Atlantean sword. I think it might have been one of TK570's run mentioned earlier in the thread, but if not it is still a nice piece. Hope the pics are useful. Cheers John

DSCF1037.JPG DSCF1038.JPG DSCF1041.JPG

Jintosh Your 3D printed amulet looks great. Casting clear resin w'out the benefit of pressure or vacuum is a crap shoot, in my experience. I have had some success with tinted epoxy, though, because the long cure time gives the air bubbles more opportunity to work their way out of the mold. Looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Conan &lt;&gt; Jade Snake Amulet

@Jintosh Your 3D printed amulet looks great. Casting clear resin w'out the benefit of pressure or vacuum is a crap shoot, in my experience. I have had some success with tinted epoxy, though, because the long cure time gives the air bubbles more opportunity to work their way out of the mold. Looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Yep, I originally bought the stuff to cast it myself, but later realized I needed a vacuum chamber. So I contacted Futurescape, they're making a master mold and then will make copies for me. I'll start an interest thread and then order them from Futurescape to fulfill the orders.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice looking piece but if you can cast it in tinted resin it will make all the difference. I have attached a couple of pics of mine, which I have had for years and it hangs around the hilt of my Atlantean sword. I think it might have been one of TK570's run mentioned earlier in the thread, but if not it is still a nice piece. Hope the pics are useful. Cheers John

View attachment 653521 View attachment 653522 View attachment 653523

Yes, that helps. Futurescape will be showing me what they come up with and then I'll approve it or say it needs to change for color.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back