Captain America The Winter Soldier Costume Build Thread (Stealth Suit)

Done some of the abs.

15.jpg

Slight update. We're having it a 1 piece sewn together. Basically so I don't have to keep adjusting the suit if I bend over or move around etc.

This is far from complete and the seam in the middle will be covered up by the belt.

16.jpg

It is coming along nicely and good choice on a one piece suit. They seem to work a lot better if you are moving around a lot.

Amazing work! I'm subscribed. The choice to make a single suit instead of making it in two pieces was a great move in my opinion. It has such a real feeling of authenticity but it is also practical. I'm curious to know how you did the foam inlays for the abs. Considering how's your suit already looks completed (especially the abs lol) I was wondering, if you have the time and do not mind sharing how your abs were created. If you can explain/describe the foam inlay pattern or the sewing best you can, many of us, especially me would greatly appreciate it. I know time is always an issue and everyone has a right to there privacy and techniques so if you can't or don't have the time, that is totally understandable . I'm going to admirer your work a little longer. Thanks in advance!

-CapAm

Amazing work! I'm subscribed. The choice to make a single suit instead of making it in two pieces was a great move in my opinion. It has such a real feeling of authenticity but it is also practical. I'm curious to know how you did the foam inlays for the abs. Considering how's your suit already looks completed (especially the abs lol) I was wondering, if you have the time and do not mind sharing how your abs were created. If you can explain/describe the foam inlay pattern or the sewing best you can, many of us, especially me would greatly appreciate it. I know time is always an issue and everyone has a right to there privacy and techniques so if you can't or don't have the time, that is totally understandable . I'm going to admirer your work a little longer. Thanks in advance!

-CapAm

Hey man. Sorry for the late reply. My friend is making the suit for me and we don't live that close so I've not actually seen how he does it all. He just sends me progess pics which I immediately post on here.

I think what he did was cut out the shape of the ab pattern in the foam then made a 2nd layer of fabric so the foam could be a sort of 'insert' which he then sewed all together and tightly to show off the ab pattern through the front layer.

Does that make sense? haha

Thanks.

View attachment 263125

The Autons are impersonating Captain America. :p

It must be nerve wracking not being able the see the progress other than photos.
The leather harness looks good. Will you have a way to hook your shield to the back buckle?

It must be nerve wracking not being able the see the progress other than photos.
The leather harness looks good. Will you have a way to hook your shield to the back buckle?

We're still trying to figure out how to do that. If you look on the first page, you can see what the back of my shield looks like and it's nothing like the actual movie shield. We're coming up with ideas of how to re-do the brackets/handles so that we can get the shield to attach to the shoulder straps and not have anything that gets in the way of my arm when I go to hold the shield.

Thanks for the reply buddy, i totally get where you are coming from. once you have the actually suit maybe you can take a few photo up close formall of us. it looks amazing, definitely a well picked comission.

For attaching the shield you can ad a small J hook to your harness and hook the bottom of your shield arm brace or add a small loop on the shield for the hook

or which would be way cooler but much harder is to bolt a rare earth magnet to the shield or harness. Then put like 2"x2"x1/2" piece of iron onto the opposite side of the harness or shield depending on what part had the magnet. Then you would be able to just place the shield and the earth-magnet should be more then strong enough to catch the iron and hold the shield. And as long as the shield magnet is close enough to the steel/iron it should pull itself together. Just be sure the polarity is right if you do go a method like this. I bet the sound of the magnet and metal hitting together would be a pretty cool effect too.

Doing a build like this myself, so certainly going to keep an eye on this one. I've been trying to figure out how to approach the shield holster thing. A modified leather shoulder holster should work, but I'm gonna have to get creative to make something tough enough to hold up as that X connection at the back like you made.

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to more!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back