A New Hope Tatooine Escape Pod Scene

Straycatt

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So ... I had this wild hair idea the other day that I am looking at tackling with my local droid builders and 501st groups for Celebration 2019 in Chicago.

There are several cons and events out her in the windy city area all year round, and I had all ready been considering building a set piece to take to some of them. With the announcement of Celebration, I thought I should kick my idea into high gear.

The concept, in my mind at least, is fairly simple and straightforward. Recreate the visible sections of the prop used on location with R2 and 3P0, as well as the Sandys. Then build a "sand box" to recreate the feel of the dune it landed it, with a printed canvas backdrop showing the twin suns in the sky.

The resulting 'scene' could be used for photo ops for attendees.

I managed to find this image of what I believe the set piece started as before it was fully dressed up:

Cs3MJsZXgAEbBv9.jpg

I am fully aware, though, that some of the best minds in part identification are right here on this board. With that in mind, I was hoping to enlist the aid of the members of the RPF in locating additional reference, as well as document the build here on the board.

You make it happen and I can probably supply the droids. Where are you thinking this would be displayed? In one of the clubs rooms or out on the floor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back