BUYER BEWARE - JBOT DECAlS

I’ll report back once I receive, or do not receive decals.....

I DO understand that this probably is a side business for him, but I find it inexcusable that he treated a customer this way. He could have handled it way differently. So far I have not had trouble with him, other than taking a long time to deliver. Time will tell with what I receive.

Had a similar problem with a Vader lightsaber order from a store in Germany called AniManiac. Never received it, waited for roughly 4 months, didn't responded to my Emails anymore once I started asking for a refund, wouldn't pick up the phone anymore, wouldn't react to my first late notice, to my second late notice and only at my third late notice when I send a certified letter with return receipt, which would have gotten them in legal trouble if they ignored it, I got my money back within three days. Really annoying to deal with these kinda people, so:- Thanks for the warning

He is a one man show. A Google search turns up quite a few complaints regarding late delivery, non-delivery (could be late, but nobody updates when they finally get their stuff) and poor communication, but very few, if any, problems with quality....which is probably why people still deal with him. There are other custom decal manufacturers out there, but few that do sci-fi. JT Graphics seems to be rated well, but their website says that they are in the process of updating their prices due to the cost of ink, so it doesn't look like they are taking orders at the moment. Hopefully others will chime in on other well rated business that do the same kind of work.

TazMan2000

I just popped over to his Facebook page- there are a number of screen shots of his communications with you- the weird thing is that they do not make him look that good if that was the intention.
Keep the dispute active until you either get your money or merchandise- it is the only leverage you have in this situation.

Jeeze- he makes my old bi-polar girlfriend look sane and rational- and she only tried to kill me twice...

Well at least you got your money back.

Good thing is more people know about him and can avoid getting involved. I really don't know what is going on with him- he was an OK guy who did good work some years ago- now it is a totally different story...

Here is his side, posted in another group:

SELLERS BEWARE! Patrick Reilly is an untrustworthy customer!

Patrick Reilly contacted me for:
1. X-Wing markings, and
2. Luke helmet markings
I explained that the shopping cart is disabled. I explained that I am busy catching up on backorders. He said he really needed them so I agreed to help out. I asked him to read the message on my main page and my FAQ page. I sent my order-response letters to show him the process: items (scale, colour, and quantity), mailing address, shipping options, payment methods, etc etc etc and I asked him to write back.

He tried to place an order using the shopping cart! He did not read anything I wrote. THEN he wrote to tell me the shopping cart is disabled.
IMPATIENT: Strike 1
He finally read my messages and placed an order and paid for decals plus normal shipping. He agreed to a 37 day turnaround (this allows for normal shipping).
16 days later he wrote to ask about the status of his package.
37 – 16 = 21.
I thought I had 21 more days. But I was not worried, because the package was ready. I sent him a photo of the package and a photo of decal (1. from above) and I explained in the letter that the other decal (2. from above) is in the package too but it was printed and cut from another page.

He panicked and thought I was asking for 21 MORE days. He also panicked and thought there are no Luke helmet decals. Again, he did not read anything I wrote or look at the photos.
IMPATIENT: Strike 2
He sent me a photo of someone else’s interpretation of the Luke helmet markings. I told him I am NOT doing “that” (that = that specific layout or format or interpretation). Patrick did not pay me for custom art. My helmet art is already done, and is different, better, and more thorough.
He then sent me a photo of Luke wearing the helmet. I told him I am not sending a helmet. He has not paid me for that either. I don’t need reference “help” … I have had helmet art done for decades:
http://www.jbot.ca/space/sw-droids.shtml
While still discussing all this with him, I suddenly receive a notice from PayPal of a dispute!
IMPATIENT: Strike 3
He posted a rant on Facebook and explained that the PayPal dispute was supposed to be “you received an item which was not as you specified.” PayPal explained to him that he has to receive the item first before he can claim it is not as ordered. So he filed a “not received” claim with the intent to change it to a “not as ordered” claim when the package arrives. So why should I bother to send anything under those conditions?

I offered a resolution: cancel it all and start over. He refused.

I cannot teach him to read. I cannot teach him patience.

He is an impatient, immature, spoiled brat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is his side, posted in another group:

SELLERS BEWARE! Patrick Reilly is an untrustworthy customer!

Patrick Reilly contacted me for:
1. X-Wing markings, and
2. Luke helmet markings
I explained that the shopping cart is disabled. I explained that I am busy catching up on backorders. He said he really needed them so I agreed to help out. I asked him to read the message on my main page and my FAQ page. I sent my order-response letters to show him the process: items (scale, colour, and quantity), mailing address, shipping options, payment methods, etc etc etc and I asked him to write back.

He tried to place an order using the shopping cart! He did not read anything I wrote. THEN he wrote to tell me the shopping cart is disabled.
IMPATIENT: Strike 1
He finally read my messages and placed an order and paid for decals plus normal shipping. He agreed to a 37 day turnaround (this allows for normal shipping).
16 days later he wrote to ask about the status of his package.
37 – 16 = 21.
I thought I had 21 more days. But I was not worried, because the package was ready. I sent him a photo of the package and a photo of decal (1. from above) and I explained in the letter that the other decal (2. from above) is in the package too but it was printed and cut from another page.

He panicked and thought I was asking for 21 MORE days. He also panicked and thought there are no Luke helmet decals. Again, he did not read anything I wrote or look at the photos.
IMPATIENT: Strike 2
He sent me a photo of someone else’s interpretation of the Luke helmet markings. I told him I am NOT doing “that” (that = that specific layout or format or interpretation). Patrick did not pay me for custom art. My helmet art is already done, and is different, better, and more thorough.
He then sent me a photo of Luke wearing the helmet. I told him I am not sending a helmet. He has not paid me for that either. I don’t need reference “help” … I have had helmet art done for decades:
http://www.jbot.ca/space/sw-droids.shtml
While still discussing all this with him, I suddenly receive a notice from PayPal of a dispute!
IMPATIENT: Strike 3
He posted a rant on Facebook and explained that the PayPal dispute was supposed to be “you received an item which was not as you specified.” PayPal explained to him that he has to receive the item first before he can claim it is not as ordered. So he filed a “not received” claim with the intent to change it to a “not as ordered” claim when the package arrives. So why should I bother to send anything under those conditions?

I offered a resolution: cancel it all and start over. He refused.

I cannot teach him to read. I cannot teach him patience.

He is an impatient, immature, spoiled brat.

So innacurate,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
45cb4aa08552912cf62874d071fd4150.jpg

afcbcb0efc8ab337f49c05a359e1aef0.jpg

394823e7c993e2262ed4ea20ee758800.jpg

c208137d6b7a22d3872e98ea3c68f7a5.jpg

9cbfb4ed56a92cce5d891f274d396d9c.jpg

f76efb0776bc66eb1de44be5225a450a.jpg

Jump forward 2.5 weeks-

ff65d71cbe10fef79044f835a771dba1.jpg

2744a012dac1cae1b7ea52e9661cc2a7.jpg

9815dcf96d06568d70b5c03b9d7d0b93.jpg

076c9e0763ca77d3abf8abd52759370d.jpg

b9f9c9c4bdb18c3324271fc4a37ccaf9.jpg
c9ca75cba436885c916c37b79079a01b.jpg
aa81d58da7196984d0445349f4dfd273.jpg
c5a870b1f5f0a4459af2e894d48df62f.jpg
17b27c4807941b199b59d04bcc385c81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Why does it seem so many people in the scale modelling community are dicks? Maybe just the nice people don't get noticed and are not vocal?

Why does it seem so many people in the scale modelling community are dicks? Maybe just the nice people don't get noticed and are not vocal?
I have seen some very talented people in our hobby with zero people skills. Maybe that stereotype has some truth in it- of the nerd living in his parents basement, isolated except for the fantasy and totally ignorant of how to carry on a conversation properly.

I have also seen talented people running successful garage businesses in a professional manner, delivering a good product with zero drama.

I am not going to mention any names or their business names, but I've run into a few like this. It was unbelievable at the contempt they have towards their customers. These guys went as far as calling customers in general names and insulting us. One guy even said 'maybe we should just shut down and then what will you guys do?'. It was incredible hearing them say the things they were saying. Another guy was selling parts and taking money but then months later no parts and nothing but excuses followed by a bad attitude.

Well to these guys and the attitude 'what will you do then?'... Well I am doing this... I bought an SLA 3D printer so now I will be able to make my own parts. I plan on getting a Cricket vinyl cutter... then I can start making my own paint masks... and we all pretty much have the capability of printing decals.

There are some good vendors out there, but to the ones with the attitudes like booyotch made us aware of... well we start boycotting them and hit them where it counts... their wallet!

Its actually very common in the prop scene IMO...

I have seen it WAY too much in the saber scene..

Person does good work.. shared via word of mouth...

Starts getting a name related top quality... and gets more attention/work.

At some point.. they seem to be ABOVE everyone else.. ("they need/want me" attitude)..

They are above question as well.

Heck.. I have viewed MANY (many) big name 'talent' in the saber scene.. downright hate and talk crap about their customers.

They created their own sections on private forums to 'bash' their customer. (calling them names,... calling them stupid, not worthy of their 'product'...etc..etc)
Memes, names, searching people out to get images to deface..and 'share' with others to join in and 'hate'..

* quite often the same people who can NOT accept that someone else came up with an idea/approach/product before/without them... so they also condemn the 'idea/person' until some boot licking goes on...etc..

People and their ego's man! (spit)

- - - Updated - - -

I plan on getting a Cricket vinyl cutter..

I havent kept on the Cricut machines as of late.. but previously..

You have to buy 'cartridges' to get specific font types or images..etc..

Based on that alone.. I got a Silhouette Cameo (the v1 style, no touch screen face)..

and I have been extremely happy with it! (just some food for thought!)

Best advice he has ever given in a thread posting as when he posted "You shouldn't do business with me!" after being asked why someone should order from him in a thread he started!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back