wip--lukes macrobinocular kit UPDATE!! 1ST BUILD IS DONE, UPDATE ON 1ST POST

this is the new lens plate, I have a new machinist that is on the ball. these are exactly what I wanted two years ago...sweat !!!
the holes are set apart so that the thumb knob will not hit the opposite lens ring. this is super accurate !

IMG_5170.JPG

IMG_5171.JPG

IMG_5174.JPG

IMG_5175.JPG

IMG_5176.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5172.JPG
    IMG_5172.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 79
this is the new lens plate, I have a new machinist that is on the ball. these are exactly what I wanted two years ago...sweat !!!
the holes are set apart so that the thumb knob will not hit the opposite lens ring. this is super accurate !

~10 years ago someone made a plate w/ that problem.
Does Dark Energy's plate suffer the same problem?
If so, can we talk?

~10 years ago someone made a plate w/ that problem.
Does Dark Energy's plate suffer the same problem?
If so, can we talk?

my plates will be in next week. any one who wants one should post here or pm me that you want a plate, in that pm please send your paypal ID, I will send you an invoice.
I only have a few for sale.
the plates are $75 plus $7 shipping in the states, I will ship world wide, pm me for cost

I don't know about the fit on the de plate...

- - - Updated - - -

Jerry,

I want one of those new lens plates, too!

- Jim

you got it :D

I need your help and extra parts folks, any extra parts you don't need and would like to sell for the macro's I can use.
I always have people asking me for real parts, I currently have 3 people looking for the 660 view hoods.

if you have any extras please email me with what you have with pics to gluejunky@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I need your help and extra parts folks, any extra parts you don't need and would like to sell for the macro's I can use.
I always have people asking me for real parts, I currently have 3 people looking for the 660 view hoods.

if you have any extras please email me with what you have with pics to gluejunky@gmail.com

Why does this give me a vision of you curled watchfully asleep on a big pile of macrobinocular parts like Smaug in the Hobbit? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice, but, i´m curious and have to ask - what makes them super accurate (and i assume better than others)?

I'm referring to shape only there :)
no body had caught onto the fact that the corners are not all the same, they are more matched to the shape of the eumig, see the pic
this was a design I had for some time but could not get a machinist to get it done until now.

lukeheromacros[1].jpg lukeheromacros[1] v2.jpg IMG_5254[1].JPG IMG_5255[1].JPG

Does the spacing between the two allow the focus ring to turn?

Surprised you didn't machine out the hole so you could look thru the lens.

I believe ive emailed every one an invoice that said they wanted a lens plate.
if ive missed some one can you please pm me with your paypal id and I will do so.

Does the spacing between the two allow the focus ring to turn?

Surprised you didn't machine out the hole so you could look thru the lens.

my first though was to use the back of the lens hole for mounting holes like on my resin plates. but the machinist suggested adding the studs to the center for more support. I never thought of cutting strait through....
on my build I will cut a hole so I can have the dvr camera lens feed through it.
if there was to metal there, you would just see the eumig, or were you thinking of cutting through all of it to see through the viewer ?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back