Hellboy Prop: Broom's Box. Need info.

Great job on the small box ahoudini! Very nice finish. Your "Boom's Box" is looking outstanding!
Could be used in HBIII, if Adam or Guilermo doesn't want to share their boxes ;) :thumbsup

Echoing all the previous praise and then some! It looks great in pictures and I'm sure it's even cooler in person. Plus, you can keep adding to it. There's always that interesting item that fits and would probably have been in one of the drawers, out of sight in HB1 and 2.

Great work!

David

Thanks, David. That is one of the reasons I built it was to give all my little weird knick-knacks a place to hang out! Here is a little reliquary I put together from the bead aisle at AC Moore:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404882968.205316.jpg

I like it. I've noticed all of those ready-made jewelry bits and that's a good use to put them to. I've got some beads laying around waiting for me to finish a Hellboy themed amulet. I don't get tired of seeing your work on this.

David

Nice addition to your Box you have there... Congrats!

[=OT]While re-watching some of Adams "CAVE" videos on Tested the last days, I thought how cool it would be to have such a Vid about his
"Broom's Box"... :p [/OT]

Making some good improvements with my own Box-Built :D

But I have 2 questions...

- Does anyone have a source for the Buttons? (lid, drawers and strap attachment?
- Is the there a box in the upper left compartment of the lid?

Hope someone can support me... thanks in advance :) :thumbsup

Last edited:
Murdoc,

Indeed, it is a drawer, with a little cutout in the edge so you can get your finger in to pull it out. It also has a little brass swivel tab on the frame at the right edge of the drawer to keep closed when the lid of the box closes down.

IMG_0233.JPG mine

image.jpg just visible in the original

With regard to the drawer pulls used throughout the box, I found them at my local Ace hardware:

http://wedo.hillmangroup.com/item/miniature/decorative-accessories/852406?

Hope this all helps. Don't hesitate to ask questions as you go along. Here is my email: sgharris at alumni.duke.edu.

Thanks for the feedback breen2057 and ahoudini! Very Kind, especially providing your email address :thumbsup

I will post some pics of my built soonest possible :)

Just a quik pic of the actual status of my built. Still a long way to go, but getting closer to the end :D

Thanks to everybody who has given his Input into this thread! Without your support, I would'nt be
able to get done... thanks to "TheRPF" (the members) :thumbsup

Sry for the bad quality of the cellphone-pic.

Thanks for your feedback :cool Happy that you like it! More (and better) pics to follow as I move along!
breen2057.. it is made of pine-wood / actualy cheap glued-wood which you can buy as ready made book shelfs/case boards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back