Solo: A Star Wars Story

I almost feel like I want to give Alden a big hug. Especially in the social media age (where's it's so easy to pile on), after reading something disparaging about someone (whether valid or not), I can't help but immediately wonder, "Oh man, what if they're reading that? What are they feeling right now?" In cases like this especially, where we have the tiniest of snapshots to gauge something, I can't help but feel terrible for this guy thus far. No reason to think he didn't try his best to basically pull off the impossible. :-\

Some great photos of the Falcon from today's Star Wars Show
Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 4.02.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-07 at 4.02.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-07 at 4.02.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-07 at 4.01.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-07 at 4.01.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-07 at 4.01.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-07 at 4.00.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-07 at 4.00.51 PM.png

Last edited:
So I haven't seen anyone mention this yet (could of missed it though), but the Falcon is actually present in RotS. There is a scene where its pulling into a hanger from afar on Coruscant. I'm not sure on this part but I vaguely remember ole George confirming that this ship is indeed the Falcon and not just another YT in one of the commentaries. Either way there is a stock YT in the background of Naboo in AotC. So either the YT in the Solo teaser is not the falcon and not stock but just one Lando has modified for his liking, or the look of a stock YT 1300 is being retconned, which more than a little likely the case. Interesting to me either way though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N5_hc8qT-w&ab_channel=balancinggargoyle
ROTSMF.jpeg
(not my picture, grabbed from google)

So I haven't seen anyone mention this yet (could of missed it though), but the Falcon is actually present in RotS. There is a scene where its pulling into a hanger from afar on Coruscant. I'm not sure on this part but I vaguely remember ole George confirming that this ship is indeed the Falcon and not just another YT in one of the commentaries. Either way there is a stock YT in the background of Naboo in AotC. So either the YT in the Solo teaser is not the falcon and not stock but just one Lando has modified for his liking, or the look of a stock YT 1300 is being retconned, which more than a little likely the case. Interesting to me either way though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N5_hc8qT-w&ab_channel=balancinggargoyle
View attachment 793692
(not my picture, grabbed from google)

Yep....this has been discussed a few pages back......theres a nice Solo Millennium Falcon thread over on the General Modelling section.....if you'd like to visit

NEW (OLD) MILLENNIUM FALCON from SOLO the movie

J

And the Star Wars show has some more info and images of the Falcon, as well as some really great props towards the end. Regarding the Falcon,I hop some of you are sitting down, it is THE Falcon.

https://youtu.be/cZAryCaRE3k

- - - Updated - - -

Yep....this has been discussed a few pages back......theres a nice Solo Millennium Falcon thread over on the General Modelling section.....if you'd like to visit

NEW (OLD) MILLENNIUM FALCON from SOLO the movie

J

You should post some of those images you have over in that thread, Jaitea, they are really cool.

Hey.....I don't know if Hunk a Junk mentioned it or sparked my train of thought regarding the front 2 landing gears......

Well,....the gear boxes are quite big.....
underside.jpg

Han is a smuggler.....would you stash something in a cargo hold?

in SW (ANH)....we know Han jettisoned Jabba's cargo at the first sign of an Imperial check point....

What if he jettisoned the gar boxes full of pruck?

So by ESB he's using his reward money to put the Falcon right again

.......????

J

Seems kind of odd to stick the traditional looking falcon style ship throughout the prequels, every OT flick and both ST flicks and make up some new version for this. The implication of the new one would be all new ones look this way and han's wound up being the one we know through his own doing. However, numerous others did the exact same customize 30 years before ANH?

As much as i've always refused to believe it, it really does seem like the only reason is to sell more toys/collectibles.

Toy sales are down 47% so I cant blame em for trying.;)

Incorrect. You must hear that a lot. Hasbro today reported their "Partner" toy sales, which included Star Wars, Frozen, and Marvel was down 21% last quarter and they provided some additional color to that number during the conference call.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/hasbro-reports-fourth-quarter-earnings-2017.html

The company said it doesn't see the fall in sales as "Star Wars fatigue," but rather a result of the timing of the merchandise release and advertisements. Goldner said that between Force Friday, a September merchandising event, and the release of "The Last Jedi" in December, customers were bombarded with products from other entertainment properties, like "Thor: Ragnorak" and "Justice League."
"So narrowing those windows so you're really able to take advantage of the specific marketing and these big marketing campaigns around the brands enables you to do quite a strong job in merchandising those films," he said.
In 2015, Force Friday lead to monumental sales of "Star Wars" toys ahead of "The Force Awakens," the first "Star Wars" film in nearly a decade.
"Clearly there was a lot of pent-up up demand across the board," Goldner said.
Hasbro expects to see a pickup in sales of toys tied to "The Last Jedi" as the film becomes available to the public on home video. It will begin advertising its merchandise for the stand-alone Han Solo film in April, ahead of the film's release in May.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think anyone putting too much stock in the ROTS Falcon probably needs to relax a little. It was a stupid little Easter Egg. If I was directing Solo, I'd hardly want to be beholden to some "blink and you'll miss it" background trivia just to keep nerds from hyperventilating.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back