Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - New Pics pg 100!!

YES PLEAS :popcorn

Alright, I have to finish tweaking it and then I will give you guys some teaser pics. It might be a little while cause I am getting ready to start taking orders on my Superhero Repulor kits.

Alright, I have to finish tweaking it and then I will give you guys some teaser pics. It might be a little while cause I am getting ready to start taking orders on my Superhero Repulor kits.

Darkside...you just made my day! 2 amazing news in one message! Thanks!

I would like to thank taajik for being a big supporter of my work and for his contributions to this project. Your name has been added to the VIP list and you will receive 2 months early access to the V2 files.

is there i limited amount of this Superhero kit ? cause I don't have the money for it at this time and probably won't have it for a little while :(

is there i limited amount of this Superhero kit ? cause I don't have the money for it at this time and probably won't have it for a little while :(

Please put all posts related to the Superhero Repulsor Kit in that thread. I will be doing a run of 10 at a time. Right now I have plans to do 3 runs. I might do more than that. We shall see.

Yesterday was a very productive day!

I was able to coat both the inside and the outside of the helmet, I think with great results, not any mayor mistakes at least :)
I also was able to start with the fiberglass, this was a bit tougher than the previous step as the fiberglass sticks to your gloves and makes it difficult to work. I did get 3 or 4 air bubbles but I thinks it will be very easy to correct, I will just cut them and reapply a new coat of fiberglass in that spot.

2013-05-18 23.22.59.jpg

What I haven't even got done in paper are the ears! but I will do in paper this week and cut the corresponding holes in the helmet (I didn't fiberglass that part yet). This way I will be able to put fiberglass also inside the ears which I think is a part that most people don't do...
2013-05-18 23.23.20.jpg

During this week I may also start building another part... maybe the hands :unsure any advice?

Hey Darkside. First thank you so much for your awesome files !!! I've been using them as well as the "speed foam" versions but could essentially not have done it without your awesome work. Here's a WIP pic of my Mark VII. I'll start a WIP thread soon on tricks and tips to work with these foam placemats that I found. cheers! Can't wait for the version 2 files.
im_zps51bb4936.jpg

Yesterday was a very productive day!

I was able to coat both the inside and the outside of the helmet, I think with great results, not any mayor mistakes at least :)
I also was able to start with the fiberglass, this was a bit tougher than the previous step as the fiberglass sticks to your gloves and makes it difficult to work. I did get 3 or 4 air bubbles but I thinks it will be very easy to correct, I will just cut them and reapply a new coat of fiberglass in that spot.

View attachment 186543

What I haven't even got done in paper are the ears! but I will do in paper this week and cut the corresponding holes in the helmet (I didn't fiberglass that part yet). This way I will be able to put fiberglass also inside the ears which I think is a part that most people don't do...
View attachment 186544

During this week I may also start building another part... maybe the hands :unsure any advice?

Hey Darkside. First thank you so much for your awesome files !!! I've been using them as well as the "speed foam" versions but could essentially not have done it without your awesome work. Here's a WIP pic of my Mark VII. I'll start a WIP thread soon on tricks and tips to work with these foam placemats that I found. cheers! Can't wait for the version 2 files.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b196/ghiscor/im_zps51bb4936.jpg

Looks great guys. Keep up the good work.

nice...
kinda looks like Hawaiian Ironman with the pattern

TOTALLY think you should just keep with this design. If you don't, I just might. haha

Did you use the v2 for the helmet? OP said
Also, the helmet is meant to fit snug around your head. You should not be able to slip it on.

Quick question,

Im going to start constructing a helmet soon, and i was wondering what paper size everyone's been printing on? A4, A3?

Can anyone help me with a close up pic of how the top vent of the helmet is supposed to look... I don't think mine is accurate. It is the piece on the top mid. I can post pictures shortly if it helps distinguish what I'm talking about . Thanks

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files **Update Jan 3, 2013**

it said that the first war machine ( from iron man 2) was like you said.... built from the iron mark 2....but the war Machine/Iron Patriot suit was just a model built by Tony Stark and given to Rodes in exchange for the first War machine. Which Stark took apart and brought it back to the old Iron man mark 2 suit. That is why in Iron Man 2.. there is no Mark 2 in the hall of armor and in Iron man 3...the suit is back

I want to thank ballanux for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project. Your name has been added to the VIP list and you will receive 2 months early access to the V2 files.

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to this, but I love the files and my friend and I want to start a build. I'm having a problem printing the files out on the viewer. With a couple of them, the object doesn't fit all the way in the paper so part of it is cut off. Is there a way to move these files on the Viewer, or can that only be done on Designer?

it can only be done in the designer its not that expensive for the license

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to this, but I love the files and my friend and I want to start a build. I'm having a problem printing the files out on the viewer. With a couple of them, the object doesn't fit all the way in the paper so part of it is cut off. Is there a way to move these files on the Viewer, or can that only be done on Designer?

It depends what files you are building? The V2 files are set up differently to the V1s... i.e. the V2 helmet file can only be opened in viewer.

Btw the helmet is the only V2 file currently available. :)

Last edited:

Thanks for all the help :). It looks perfect when I do print preview. I'll do a build of the tester helmet first, and see if I have to readjust.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back