Mar 7, 2016, 10:21 PM - SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #1

Anyone watching the new season?

@Guri
    @Bryancd
    @Laspector
    @Art Andrews
    @R.P. McMurphy

What do y'all think?

For me, it's okay. But a lot of seasons start out slow and get better. I will say I was mighty bummed that Jenny got booted in Week 2. I really dug her. Sure, a lot of it was because she was hot, I'll admit, but I also thought she'd be a good player. And dang, I felt so bad for her with that worm burrowing deep inside her ear canal. Crikey!

However, she turned out to be an unbelievable fool. Why the FRACK did she open up her mouth in TC?!?! She was sitting pretty, and could've stayed loyal or blindsided a power player. Oh my God, I was screaming at the TV, "No, NO, NOOOOO! DON'T SAY THAT! SHUT UUUUUUP!". Loose lips sink ships. And she sunk her own. (Is it sunk or sank??)

As for the latest episode, I was very happy to see that arrogant brain chick get blindsided! She was a total biatch! And the look on Obama's face as the votes were read, oh man, that was awesome!!

I don't really have a favorite to replace Jenny yet. But I will say this: that crazy, skinny older lady is crafty. And she knows how to keep her mouth shut. She might go far with her strategic/social skills, and non-threatening appearance. Jenny could've used some of her wisdom, that's for sure.

The Wook
    Last edited by The Wook; Mar 7, 2016 at 10:26 PM.
    Mar 7, 2016, 11:53 PM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #2

Great show, I have been a fan since 2001. Very interesting to watch animals in their natural habitat.
    From
    Las Vegas, NV
    Mar 8, 2016, 5:15 AM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #3

Haven't been watching...
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Mar 8, 2016, 7:01 AM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #4

I agree it's ok so far. Going to be tough to beat the last one!
    Mar 8, 2016, 9:12 AM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #5

Yeah, we're watching. I like the diversity of the characters and don't really have a favorite yet.

That worm was the absolute worst thing I have seen on survivor - it FREAKED ME OUT! I was sort of angry that medical did not take care of it right away. The only think I can think was that it was played up for the camera and they knew exactly what it was and she was in no real danger. Otherwise it makes no sense to let someone stay in that much pain with a bug burrowing into their ear.
    From
    Havana
    Mar 8, 2016, 11:23 AM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #6

Is it just me, or does it seem there is someone out of place in each tribe?. It's like the producers decided to take a beauty, stick them into the brawn tribe (blondie), a brain in the beauty tribe etc.

As regards Jenny, it's not the first time we've seen that **** go down. Always happens, someone who should have stayed quiet, spoke up craving attention, look at me, look at the position I'm in... then being caught out in a lie. That only goes one way, gtfo.

Man I so wish Survivor took applications from non-us citizens . I need to find an american wife I think!.
    From
    Ashland, Virginia
    Mar 8, 2016, 12:02 PM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #7

I'm watching. So far, so good for me. It is incredible, isn't it, how people seem to be walking into trouble at tribal more frequently now. I do think that Jeff has stirred the pot more and more each season at tribal and has helped instigate some of these moments. A lot of arrogance on the Brain tribe. Curious to see how that vote plays out in the opening moments of Wednesday's show.
    Mar 8, 2016, 12:07 PM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #8

I couldn't understand the ear worm deal either. Why wasn't medical called in? They have brought them in many times before to assess someone. Doesn't mean you are going to be pulled from the game just because they are brought in. I know what I would've done if I was her (and medical was not brought in) I would have had people filling their mouth with salt water and squirting it in my ear as hard as they could, and try to flush that thing out.

I can't stand ol' witchy woman--whatever her name is. Her bragging and cheerleading made me want to smack her in the face!!

I'm glad Obama and that girl got blind sided--don't like either of them. Also don't like holes-in-the-ears dude. what an ass!

I do agree that the teams seen strange. Why is Tia on the Beauty team? Why is blonde chick on the Brawn team. Neither make much sense.
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Mar 8, 2016, 1:17 PM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #9

I think the ear worm thing was mostly an editing construct and she likely didn't suffer nearly as long as it seemed in the presentation in the show and they knew she was going to be fine.
    From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    Mar 8, 2016, 1:24 PM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #10

Bryancd said: View Post
    I think the ear worm thing was mostly an editing construct and she likely didn't suffer nearly as long as it seemed in the presentation in the show and they knew she was going to be fine.
    I doubt that, based on Jenny saying to her tribemates that the worm burrowing inside her ear kept her up all night long.

The Wook
  11. Lord of the Couch RPF Premium Member dbuck's Avatar
    From
    california
    Mar 8, 2016, 1:24 PM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #11

Bryancd said: View Post
    That is my feeling as well. Although it sure looked uncomfortable, I think medical was on their way immediately once called for. She tried toughing it out, and then had enough.

I notice they have started the tribal council earlier in the show to give us more drama. I have heard that the councils can last up to a couple of hours, I don't think Jeff is doing more antagonizing, I think we are just seeing more footage.
    Mar 11, 2016, 12:12 PM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #12

That last episode was pretty wild!! Three players collapsing at the same challenge due to the heat! I wonder exactly how hot it is there?
  13. RPF Staff RPF Premium Member TJack's Avatar
    From
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Mar 11, 2016, 2:33 PM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #13

I have to say I'm happy C got evac'd - I hate reality show cross overs.
    From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    Mar 11, 2016, 2:52 PM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #14

Laspector said: View Post
    That last episode was pretty wild!! Three players collapsing at the same challenge due to the heat! I wonder exactly how hot it is there?
    That was insane! Caleb looked like he was gonna frackin' die!! Go into cardiac arrest, or somethin'! I know the producers milk these injuries with the way they edit them, but still, it was pretty freaky to watch them fall like dominoes!

I've watched every episode since the start of Season 2, and I've never seen anything like THAT before!

As for TC, I feel bad for blondie. Scot and the military guy were total douchebags to her. Poor girl. And with Caleb's evac, she didn't even get to say her parting words at the end of the episode while the votes were being revealed. I suppose there was nothing left to say.

Very cute girl. And a lot of moxie. I'm bummed she's gone.

The Wook
    Mar 12, 2016, 5:40 PM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #15

Laspector said: View Post
    I was surprised to see that 2 of the fittest players there were the hardest hit .
    Mar 14, 2016, 1:43 AM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #16

It became abundantly clear while watching that episode that I'm never going to audition for Survivor. I know a lot of people feel the need to challenge themselves and push it to the limit, but F that...I'm cool with watching it on TV.
    From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    Mar 29, 2016, 2:02 AM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #17

Good riddance to Obama. That guy was as shifty as they come. And I'm glad Joe made him squirm. Obama's shifty, but also a terrible liar when confronted point blank. His series of non-answers and shifty eye movement was the classic stuff of liars! lol You're not gonna fool an old FBI agent, like Joe, with that bullschit.

The Wook
    From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    Apr 19, 2016, 1:18 AM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #18

Dang. There's no flushing out a Super-Idol.

Not upset to see Debbie go, 'cuz she kinda bugs. But I hope Scott goes next, and then Jason. Those guys are tools. Especially Scott.

The Wook
    Apr 19, 2016, 6:55 AM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #19

Totally agree.
    From
    Havana
    Apr 19, 2016, 3:41 PM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #20

Yeah, I can't see how they are not watching it now as the weeks go on, thinking, "Wow... we were total c***ts".... The two of them are definitely in the mix if they ever do a "Villains v. Villains v. Villains". That I'd love to see.... get Russell back on, and Johnny fair play!
    From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    Apr 19, 2016, 7:48 PM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #21

Odin82 said: View Post
    Yeah, I can't see how they are not watching it now as the weeks go on, thinking, "Wow... we were total c***ts".... The two of them are definitely in the mix if they ever do a "Villains v. Villains v. Villains". That I'd love to see.... get Russell back on, and Johnny fair play!
    Lol

Russell's my favorite player of all time, but I don't think he should play again. The first two seasons he played were the most dominant seasons anyone has ever played. But after that, he had a target on his back the size of the Grand Canyon, and that's what would happen if he ever played again, as well.

As for Fairplay, I would NEVER let the sonofabitch play again, after what he pulled the last time! Quitting, just to be a total jackass! I hate that guy, he's a total disgrace. I'm sure Probst hates him, too, for pulling that stunt, and would never allow him on the show again.

I would like to see Russell's brother, Brandon's father, on the show, though. Except, he looks so much like Russell, people would immediately know he's a Hantz! lol

The Wook
  22. Lord of the Couch RPF Premium Member dbuck's Avatar
    From
    california
    Apr 21, 2016, 9:15 PM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #22

An incredibly entertaining council last night. Fantastic blindside and shift of power.
    From
    Havana
    May 1, 2016, 7:00 AM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #23

The season is going well all right. Tai will have to mess up really bad to throw away that shot at the million. Definitely going to be an interesting last few episodes. I'll root for Cydney!
    May 21, 2016, 10:21 PM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #24

Now I know how people feel who thought Russel deserved the win. Aubrey was such a better player, even Tai was better, but the jury just did not like Aubrey or respect her game... and they took it personal that Tai was looking out for himself and refusing to be used. Nobody respected him, but he respected himself.

Michele was lucky and played a better social game and she was strategic, but no where NEAR as intentional as Aubrey who lost 2 of her alliance members and still ended up in the final 3.

I hope Aubrey and Cochran do get to meet. The twitter photo of her 'take your daughter to work' outfit was hilarious.
  25. Lord of the Couch RPF Premium Member dbuck's Avatar
    From
    california
    May 22, 2016, 1:02 AM - Re: SURVIVOR -- Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn #25

The final episode is always me least favorite, because now I have to watch a half hour of butt-hurt people spew their why should I give you a million bucks rant. Michelle won because she caused the least amount of butt-hurt.

Just once I'd love to see someone in the final two or three refuse to apologize for their behavior and simply state, if you think I played the best, vote for me. If not, don't.
    It would also be nice to have the jury vote AT the reunion, giving them a chance to not only reflect for five months but to see the game play out on their own tv.