Bandai 1/350 Millennium Falcon with Five Footer Detail

I gave up in oils ages ago.

They stink, theyre messy, a task to clean out of airbrush; they take forever to dry which means you may inadvertently touch the model and smear stuff everywhere.

Switched to acrylics and never looked back. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use mainly fast drying oils. Thin them out with turpenoid and alla good.. No smearing and waiting around for them to dry. If you mess up, just a quick clean up with turpenoid and it's gone.

Extremely minor nit: The vent exhaust should go straight back, not with the curvature of the hull.

I just prefer it this way :)

But I'm also not convinced that the streaks on the original model go straight back. They look angled in every reference photo of the touring model I've found, and they're angled on the Rogue Studio reproduction.

I just prefer it this way :)

But I'm also not convinced that the streaks on the original model go straight back. They look angled in every reference photo of the touring model I've found, and they're angled on the Rogue Studio reproduction.

Agreed, the five footer has them angled.
7767d3eff03e37927f188c7d638016ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oh well. I like 'em this way :)

Actually, it's funny -- I genuinely can't tell which it is in a lot of photos. They're shorter and fainter than many model renditions, and easily washed out by flash photography.

Oh well. I like 'em this way :)

Actually, it's funny -- I genuinely can't tell which it is in a lot of photos. They're shorter and fainter than many model renditions, and easily washed out by flash photography.

Oh of course, paint it however you want. I just like to be clear on what was really there :) Like how the streaks come from the smaller vents, not the large ones.

Oh of course, paint it however you want. I just like to be clear on what was really there :) Like how the streaks come from the smaller vents, not the large ones.

Oh yeah, I wasn't worried about it :)

Thanks for the clear reference photo -- I wish I'd found it two days ago :) Is that from the Chronicles book?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back