Lucy 2

tenor.gif

Last edited:
While the plot was a little thin and the movie left me wanting more (and not in a good way), I didn't hate Lucy. That aside, I just can't see the point in a sequel.

I approve, IF he takes the money and makes 5th Element II, properly. OR nabs Natalie for a Leon sequel OR a proper French sequel to La Femme Nikita.

I think this is probably an attempt to recharge the coffers at Europacorp,which were seriously depleted by "Valerian". That cost an estimated $209 million to make and took only $223m at the BO. Thats a huge hit to take, given that his low budget work has on the whole been highly profitable.
"Lucy" cost $40m and took $463!!!!!
I'd rate "Lucy" as one of my guilty pleasures (along with its soundtrack).Its alot of fun and an imaginitive ride that kind of updates "2001" and "Altered States" whilst also having a surprising amount of action and soul to it. I'll happily rewatch it once a year.
But I kind of struggle to see where they would take the story though, I mean they effectively turned her into a Goddess at the end (not that Scarlett isn't that far from that status anyway).
Perhaps somebody else ends up over dosing on the drug (rather like TVs " Limitless") but unlike Lucy, they are determinedly evil and end up coming into conflict with her. That might be interesting.

Well generally you need a 2 before you can have a 3. Or are you referring to something I don't know about. Besson generally says he won't do a sequel and the script was a one-off. . .so. . .

referring to the BTS stuff where they talked about the film being the first in a trilogy....

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back