What costumes are you working on?

I am working on several costumes as well, but I'm new to costume making and collecting so I'm a little slow to start off. Currently I am most in depth into two costumes:

1. Indiana Jones Raiders Costume
- currently in the process of obtaining all of the props from the map room. I have the tape measure, notebook, bag (with custom leather strap), Holster (guns in the mail) made of doubled up vinyl fake leather, and I'm working on the brush. The Ra Headpiece is coming later, as is the whip (I know, the whip is kind of a vital Indy piece but they are not cheap!)
- all of these pieces are in "new" condition, but that's no fun so I plan to start weathering it all fairly soon :)

IMG_0126.JPG

2. Centurions: Power Xtreme Jake Rockwell
- currently have a first iteration of the helmet and a chest armor I'm pretty happy with. It's all foam construction so I'm going to have to engineer a way to mount the accessories to the "exo-frame"

I have only one costume in a "completed" stage (though who are we kidding, their is always a way to improve!)
- Marty McFly from 1985 - this is my go-to for most events. It's easy and comfortable!

In the imagination stages:
- Owen Grady being chased by an inflatable T-rex and velociraptor (dog's costume)
- Blade Runner - probably Rutger Hauer's Roy Batty since I am a 6'3" blonde guy... work with what I got
- Allen Grant is fairly easy, and as it turns out, I have 90% of the costume in my closet as of yesterday

'Batman v Superman' Clark Kent.

Attachments

• IMG_1701X.jpg
    IMG_1701X.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 125
  • henry-cavill-clark-kent-batman-vs-superman-A.jpg
    henry-cavill-clark-kent-batman-vs-superman-A.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Burgundy&Navy.jpg
    Burgundy&Navy.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 120
Henry Jones Sr - as well as a few Indy props for a shoot this weekend.
Robert Baratheon.
Medieval Marginalia Snail for a Renaissance Festival.
Chainsaw hand and a Pokenomicon for my Evil Dead Ash/Pokemon Ash mashup.
Dalek Bumps Master from Doctor Who and the Curse of Fatal Death

I am working on fitting a mk43 iron man suit, this is a fiberglass one from TWISTED STUDIOS. The fit is awkward and apart from the thighs, I can just about fit in it and I am tall and skinny, 6ft tall, 28 to 30 waist and 38 to 40 chest, my head circumference is 56cm so small and the helmet is a tight fit. The shins seem a little too long unless I put on some high heels in the fiberglass shoes....really not sure what to do at the moment but that's my project for now

IMG_20170716_184514.jpg

Well these are the Projects for DragonCon 2017, seems like its coming together, the pig broblem right now, is that it does not seem to fit in the luggage :-(

Kind of fun in retrospect, but very Kafka-esque right there and then. When they asked me what it was, I said ..."its a star trek uniform" and they Went "is that a military uniform......Sir" and then I had to stand i the Square of shame for about 45 minutes while they Went through everuthing I had. The fun part, I was allso Cosplaying Dr Kreiger from Archer, and I had an "ISIS" personal card among my patpers, they either missed that, or did not bother.

Definitely be careful with names like that; that won't be pleasant.
On international flights/journeys I wouldn't wear my costume,but instead put them in a suitcase to avoid scenes like you described

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back