Show your custom Lightsabers!

I just stumbled across photos of a lightsber I built several years ago for a friend's fan film that never got made. It's made out of PVC tubing, a few metal parts like the knob, the pommel and the shroud. The pommel was actually a cabinet door handle I got at Home Depot. I have since sold this but I thought I would show off the photos.

- Andrew
Holy cow, that is gorgeous! Nice work!

I just stumbled across photos of a lightsber I built several years ago for a friend's fan film that never got made. It's made out of PVC tubing, a few metal parts like the knob, the pommel and the shroud. The pommel was actually a cabinet door handle I got at Home Depot. I have since sold this but I thought I would show off the photos.

- Andrew

That's PVC?! It looks like carved ivory. I love it, it looks like the kind of lightsaber that a Jedi would have on their mantelpiece and when asked about would say it was their great-grandfather's from "the war".

- Andrew

That looks beautiful. Nice fully custom lightsaber. I can't tell if the handle is made of wood and you turned it on the lather and bend it somehow, or if you got plastic tubing like pvc and stained it to make it look like wood. Regardless its amazing

- Andrew

Wow, that is a great piece.
Thats what I'd call a custom.
Any chance you've got a picture before the paint was applied?
I myself love building with PVC.
Love to see what one can achieve with it.
Robert

Wow, that is a great piece.
Thats what I'd call a custom.
Any chance you've got a picture before the paint was applied?
I myself love building with PVC.
Love to see what one can achieve with it.
Robert

Thanks everyone. I am pretty proud of it. It's too bad the film never panned out. It was the hero prop of a relic lightsaber belonging to a long dead Jedi Knight which the main protagonists found in an abandoned Jedi Temple. The story was promising. I did get to keep the piece for awhile but had to sell it to fund other saber projects. I will look through my photos to see if I can find a photo of it unpainted. It was several years ago and I have gone through 4 computers since so I can't promise anything.

- Andrew

That's PVC?! It looks like carved ivory. I love it, it looks like the kind of lightsaber that a Jedi would have on their mantelpiece and when asked about would say it was their great-grandfather's from "the war".

That looks beautiful. Nice fully custom lightsaber. I can't tell if the handle is made of wood and you turned it on the lather and bend it somehow, or if you got plastic tubing like pvc and stained it to make it look like wood. Regardless its amazing

I used a heat gun to bend and shape the PVC. Once I got the desired shape I filled the PVC with JB Weld epoxy, a lot of it. Once it all cured I used a dremel, rat-tail files and wood carving tools to get the designs. I then went over the handle with a wire brush to get the "bone" grain look. Then I assembled the "metal" emitter and midsection (also PVC). A brass knob and sheet metal shroud where installed and finally a kitchen cabinet door knob from HD served as the pommel. Then it was time to prime and paint.

- Andrew

Varayoc (Bottom) Made from a Ray-o-vac flashlight.

The one on the top has yet to be named or completed. It's what ColdBurn use to look like before it got destroyed and rebuilt.
20161204_230227.jpg

Last edited:
Mm, me too. I just hung up a printing of three of McQuarrie's paintings that my girlfriend gave me as an early Christmas present, really gets the creativity flowing. Though, should probably finish the seemingly endless pile of projects I already have going before starting a new one. That only makes sense, right? And that's totally the right thing to do.

Really great example of a flashlight saber though Metus, I love what you've done with the emitter. I assume that's just standard plumbing hardware bits and bobs?

Here's my latest.... I love this clunky brute. I know they aren't as popular as more sleek sabers, but i do love the OT knobs and scrap metal industrial feel sometimes. This was also a fun build cause I used parts from pretty much all my various sources in one saber.

I feel like this belonged to a Jedi who didn't care much about aesthetics-- he just needed a saber that wouldn't need replacing for a few decades or centuries...

As always, if anyone cares to know parts or construction details, just say so.

clunky1.jpg
clunky2.jpg
clunky3.jpg
clunky4.jpg
clunky5.jpg

It was a few pages back-- somebody showed one and I asked the same question. I just ensure for "industrial gear" and grabbed one that was about the right size. It was dirt cheap and sat perfectly in the pommel.

What's the pommel? One of Roman's hand wheels?
@Patattack will have to say for sure-- but I think it is an early stab at an Obi-Wan pommel by somebody. The cubes aren't the right size, and there is a set screw to hold it in place. Not accurate for Obi-Wan, but perfect for a custom.

The pommel uses the set screw to attach to the gear. From there I used Roman's clamp spacer, intentionally offset inside a Peak Photo flash clamp. Like Roman's Obi-Wan kits, I ran a carriage bolt through the gear to connect it to the spacer.

I offset it so I had space to set the upper body into the clamp. The Transistors (Roman's) and the faux Graflex 2.0 eye are used to lock in the upper and lower parts to the clamp. The upper body is 3 TCSS parts, and the shroud and emitter are from a Canon Y. The top knurled knob is a TCSS thumbscrew made to look like a MPP knob.

I may swap the 2.0 eye so the transistors are on the same side.. not sure.. I like asymmetry

@Patattack will have to say for sure-- but I think it is an early stab at an Obi-Wan pommel by somebody. The cubes aren't the right size, and there is a set screw to hold it in place. Not accurate for Obi-Wan, but perfect for a custom.

The pommel uses the set screw to attach to the gear. From there I used Roman's clamp spacer, intentionally offset inside a Peak Photo flash clamp. Like Roman's Obi-Wan kits, I ran a carriage bolt through the gear to connect it to the spacer.

I offset it so I had space to set the upper body into the clamp. The Transistors (Roman's) and the faux Graflex 2.0 eye are used to lock in the upper and lower parts to the clamp. The upper body is 3 TCSS parts, and the shroud and emitter are from a Canon Y. The top knurled knob is a TCSS thumbscrew made to look like a MPP knob.

I may swap the 2.0 eye so the transistors are on the same side.. not sure.. I like asymmetry

I believe I have an identical pommel on my custom lightsaber
attachment.php
top one
attachment.php
in the middle

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back