Sylgian's 40K Space Marine [Completed!]

Hey gary i never asked you, if the power fist has grip? Like for picking up stuff or holding a foam sword for example?
been following you in your page too ;)

Hey gary i never asked you, if the power fist has grip? Like for picking up stuff or holding a foam sword for example?
been following you in your page too ;)

I can grip/hold light things. Like a plushy or paper flyers. I suppose it might be possible to hold a sword or prop, but it would not be easy to hold indefinitely, and its likely to be rather clunky.

Yes! Major congrats on the win. It's nice to see armor take best in show when the judges are mostly known for dresses and soft cosplays. The effect on that power fist is really cool when you're just moving around being natural.

Does anyone know where I can get the powerfirst file that he used? I've looked numerous places and cannot find it. It says its no longer available on the google drive page.

EDIT: If you check up a couple of posts, Sylgian actually posted a link to his store which has the 3D files for $30 and the printed pieces for $300 http://garysterley.storenvy.com/

I didn't mean the part that was the fingers. Sorry I wasn't clear. I was talking about the pepakura file he used for the palm/base of the hand that he attached the fingers too. On the initial pages he mentioned that he had used the space marines power first pepakura files. So this is the one that I'm looking for.

Was wondering about the sizing of this build. Did you have to resize them to suit your height and dimensions or are the files that you linked the sizes you used?

Also are you able to tell me the height of the stilts you made?

Cheers mate.

Last edited:
Would this process also work for a chaos marine? Also, is it possible to use pepakura templates from different creators as long as they are the same scale? I am going to do a Night lord using the same pepakura template as this, except with a Mk4 chest plate, a customised head and a chaos marine backpack.

Are you going to be posting pics from Dragoncon here? I follow your FB page too and I see some aRe posted there.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the link on Facebook to your shop for the printed parts. I'm hoping you'll put your joints on there too.

Ditto I would love to buy the STL files from those joints, if they're available.

This is spectacular work. I love to see people do large, complicated, epic builds, instead of just sewn or small-wearables. Your battle damage and paint work really push it over the top, I can't compliment you enough.

Hey, you have done an amazing work. I was wondering if you could send me at least your helmet template by PM, or at least write me the proportions. I want to do a Grey Knight, but as i am a bit small, I want to do it big :D So to help me to find the right scale i would appreciate if you would like to share.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back