Coyle Blade Runner Blaster build - PIC HEAVY

Using a real ammo clip is a lot of work, I made changes to the inside to help things fit.

Next the fat ring LEDs holder are no longer made, and I have to make mine specially.

To fit the ammo clip you might also need the ammo housing and again there is a lot of work.

Rich

Opps my old eyes not tracking right.

IF you can sand down some of the cartridge it should work, or you can use different batteries all you need is 3 volts, I like the one battery and holder but it is a touch tall.

The bullet should fit with out change as it is a .222.

Rich

Nice looking work! I'm finishing up mine this weekend and have a thread going too!!! Keep up the pictures too...nice job! Cheers!

"Give it to Holden, he's good!?!"

I will point out I will be doing a new model casting run soon and anyone that in interested in getting a kit should email me before I do this run.

Rich

Hi Darthwoolf7! Sure I follow your thread, you have a great build too! We're waiting for new pics. ;)

Kroenen77, I would like to paint black only the parts that SHOULD be painted, and "blue" the rest. I have not been able to find blueing liquid in any stores in the city, so i'll probably have to order it by mail.

I have not been able to find any .44 special bullets locally as well :facepalm,so I guess i'll take my chances and order a few emptied shells from a store I found in UK. Here's the link: .44 Special Inert Round

In other news I've visited 5 diferent hardware stores and cant find the corect diameter of the allen key (hex key) for some of the smaller screws. It seems since the screws are from america the common local allen keys dont fit them. So the build is temporarily on hiatus. :)

Hi Darthwoolf7! Sure I follow your thread, you have a great build too! We're waiting for new pics. ;)

Kroenen77, I would like to paint black only the parts that SHOULD be painted, and "blue" the rest. I have not been able to find blueing liquid in any stores in the city, so i'll probably have to order it by mail.

I use a product called pewter black. It is not a true bluing but it does darken the pewter to look more like stainless steel.

I have not been able to find any .44 special bullets locally as well :facepalm,so I guess i'll take my chances and order a few emptied shells from a store I found in UK. Here's the link: .44 Special Inert Round

In other news I've visited 5 diferent hardware stores and cant find the corect diameter of the allen key (hex key) for some of the smaller screws. It seems since the screws are from america the common local allen keys dont fit them. So the build is temporarily on hiatus. :)

Sorry about that; I had to offer those Allen keys, drill bits and taps when I was offering the propsummit LE kits for overseas kits.

Email me and I can send you a set of the Allen tools for just to cost of mailing them, $10.00.

The drill bits and taps are costly and I would have to charge for them.

Rich

Hi, Rich!
Yeah it would be great! It didn't occur to me you could send me allen keys.. Ok, I'll e-mail you soon so you could send them along with a couple other stuff I'm missing. We'll be in touch!

Yes that is a big problem.The screw sizes are complete others like in europe.Its really impossible to become it in hardwarestores here.
So I bought all parts that Rich is using...the same drill bits,the same taps,a drill station like his one..I hope that I can build a very accurate kit with this tools.
That is a lot easyer,because I can use his drawing with the screws and taps-sizes.
@LukaFilm:You need 2 patinas.One for the pewter parts and one for the aluminium barrel.Pewter patina did not work on aluminium.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I will need to offer the Allen keys, drill bits (just the sizes used in the build) and taps for overseas kits.

Rich

For the Allen Keys have you guys looked at the multi-piece tool?
The assorted keys flip out like a Swiss army knife.
Looks like this, link

The one I have has both Imperial and Metric.

I guess I will need to offer the Allen keys, drill bits (just the sizes used in the build) and taps for overseas kits.

Rich

I think that would be a great offer for all from europe.The costs are higher..but I think its worth the extracash when you can buy it all together from you.:)

hmm, good idea Division6, thanks.. But I am planning of building a box for the blaster one day, and think 2-3 individual allen keys would be much better addition to the box. The multi peice tool would feel out of place. So there's an estetic factor to allen keys that must be met too.. haha :lol

Kronen77 so I guess you've gotten more figured out now?! Hope my thread, info, photos and messages were helpful!! Looking forward to seeing your finished piece...mine is almost done...

I´m waiting for the taps from the USA.So when they arrive I can start to drill.;)

Did you posted pics of your complete finished blaster?Every pic of a finished kit is a help for me.

Not yet...I'm going to finish it up this week...I gotta dye the pewter and the barrel the polish it all and wire up and I'm done!!!

Looking for advice on drill & tapping versus just drilling and forcing screw (given its pewter). I dont have a tap set and considering just drilling, but dont want weakened threads that may be easier to strip.

Thanks
Jim

Looking for advice on drill & tapping versus just drilling and forcing screw (given its pewter). I dont have a tap set and considering just drilling, but dont want weakened threads that may be easier to strip.

Thanks
Jim

I personally would use a tap. make's for a cleaner thread.

This is a great thread! I would love to know the steps you took in the sanding and polishing process. What grit(s), what cloth, etc.

thanks so much for sharing :thumbsup

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back