Why are the grips on this Blade Runner PDK blaster white?

The description of the blaster says

"...The original resin grips have lightened in color after years of storage -- which is of note, as there have been a few other stunt versions of the blaster offered at auction over the years that have orange-colored grips, with some of these being described as having "replaced" grips..."

so I have to assume it had solid resin grips, since it's a rubber "stunt" gun, instead of the clear resin ones we've come to know on all the "hero" props we make.

I read this as saying that the grip originally looked like the hero, but had lightened over time. This seemed strange to me as the hero has not noticeably lightened anything close to this.

veektor’s production made grips are white-ish.

Attachments

• EF44CD7B-2E30-428F-84C0-7FA0D3B03B8D.jpeg
    EF44CD7B-2E30-428F-84C0-7FA0D3B03B8D.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 110
ah, teecrooz already answered but yeah when I saw your picture, i thought of veektor's test color production grips. they don't look exactly similar but that could still be it.

Veektor bought the original grips (ivory) directly from the PropStore. He made some copies if I'm not mistaken.:)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back