Rubies Vader costume

DickStompington

Ok so o just ordered the black series reveal helmet and now I think I’m gunna want a Vader costume to wear with it.

The anovos costume (if they release it again) is $2,700 for the standard line, which is out of my price range at the moment and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for an anovos Boba Fett ensemble if I were to spend that much

My question is...

Is the rubies Vader a total piece of crap? I’m aware that the stormtrooper one isn’t screen accurate and all but the Vader costume less than $500. Is it decent enough to have fun with or is it not worth the money?

Thanks,

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly it is total crap, especially for a place like this. Its cheap plastic cloth and vinyl made in a Chinese sweat shop.

If you do not care about quality or accuracy this is perfect. It is just something to have and wear.

I have one, and yes, it is cheap and plastic. But if you're just looking for something to have fun with, I'd say it's a deal. I've worn it to parties and have gotten great responses. I wouldn't wear it to something like Star Wars Celebration, but for the price, I think it's decent.

I started with the Rubies so I'd have a Vader costume or use parts of it while I upgrade it to a more accurate/better costume. In the end, I never got to wear or use it in the months it took me to upgrade. Yes, it is crappy. Worst of all, the pleather suit gets so unbearably hot and stuffy even after replacing parts of it with mesh for breathability. I sold the costume in separate parts and got my money back though. If you get it for $500 it's not that bad. The original $900+ price of it isn't worth it.

Thank you guys for the responses! I’ll hold off on it then. Do any of you know of a good screen accurate one that costs less than anovos? Do RS prop makers do vader? If so how much do they run?

Thanks,

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t want to sound like an ass or an elitist but if you’re going with the Black Series lid then why are you looking for a screen accurate costume?

If you're buying a Black Series Vader helmet, then the Rubies will do fine. If you're concerned about accuracy, then you shouldn't purchase either. I have a Rubies Vader for a static display and for what I paid (less than $400), it sells the Star Wars theme perfectly.

IMG_2736.JPG

Totally agree with @azheat01 If you are buying a Black series Vader reveal helmet then the Rubies Vader is perfectly fine. Here's my Rubies Vader.

4C785FF2-52BB-479B-81CA-E879159790DD.jpegE208D9A0-A756-4093-8E07-96B19899FBA3.jpeg4A412469-E086-46C8-A30B-13C4E2430352.jpeg

Last edited:
yep its no where near being accurate. but if if its just for the fun of dressing up as Vader, the price seems ok. as mentioned by some ,don't wear it to 501st or formal Star Wars events ( it will definitely look like crap beside approved costumes.. :D ) May The Fourth Be With You!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back