Darth Saber’s Millennium Falcon -Bandai Perfect Grade WIP

Looks great! Love that rust around the engines.

Question: Is there only one red panel on the underside gunport disc? Bandai has decals for two red panels but the photos I have are inconclusive whether there was one or two during the filming of ANH.

Your guess-
2c88a83b88de80e074c9e0902cde3cb9.jpg

d6307439c240c199688f0c1e9955505a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I struggled with the streaking on my DeAgo Falcon. To be honest I failed miserably. Hoping to perfect the technique before I tackle the perfect grade. I'll definitely be asking for tips when you've finished experimenting

Ive been messing eith the rolled tape technique which works OK i guess but its a pain to set up.

Then theres using the rolled tape under a masking card to keep the card above the surface to give the streaks soft edges.

Hunk of Junk is using a cut out stencilled styrene sheet held above the surface which works well also.

Im just trying everything to see which one works best.

I think I solved it. That second picture (the more black and white one) is looks like someone cut and pasted a clip from a photo of the upper hull disc over the open mount hole on the lower disc. If you compare it to a photo of the top disc, the weathering is identical. So I think Bandai is right. There should be two red panels on the lower disc.
Untitled 3.jpgUntitled 2.jpgUntitled 1.jpg

I think I solved it. That second picture (the more black and white one) is looks like someone cut and pasted a clip from a photo of the upper hull disc over the open mount hole on the lower disc. If you compare it to a photo of the top disc, the weathering is identical. So I think Bandai is right. There should be two red panels on the lower disc.
View attachment 791048View attachment 791047View attachment 791046

Yup, youre right. Lol

Good work. I was on the fence about that.

Last edited:
Any cleaning tips? Lol

I've got three crappy ebay airbrushes and good one still in the box. I've learned how to strip down, clean and re-assemble the junkie ones by muscle memory. Suggest periodically taking your brush apart and cleaning it out with lacquer thinner even when it's working as the paint will accumulate and clog the brush. At that point, it's a lot more toil and trouble.

Thanks, good advice.

In have Paasche Talon which requires a lot of cleaning. Must have taken that thing apart 300 times.
I was actually wondering if there was a specific cleaning methid jut for the Iwata Eclipse.

Really nice work on the rectenna :p!

Could you please explain the painting - weathering technique/s used to achieve the results that you have for the rear damage in #1 pic above ?

:cheersGed

Really nice work on the rectenna :p!

Could you please explain the painting - weathering technique/s used to achieve the results that you have for the rear damage in #1 pic above ?

:cheersGed

You talking about the long blaster mark on the rear?

@JoeCS -Thanks . That’s the ‘ how to ? ‘ damage on the grey rectenna panel I was wondering about .
@DARTH SABER - I think you were referring to pic #3 in post #110 . In your response . Good to know though . Thanks .

Oh sorry,
The damage on the antenna was done with brush by hand.
First brushed Insignia white in the shape of the damage, then filled on the white with Sea Grey.
Leave a bit of the white surrounding the grey.

I use a windsor and newton series 7 brush-

512787af764ba1a2dfea2067a4143761.jpg
071b05f37d4f9681432d791bf6d4fc98.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back