Bandai release schedule

That has always been the case, on every movie, ever.

There are two very notable exceptions to that rule, one called The Empire Strikes Back and the other called Return of the Jedi. George Lucas had final cut on both those films and, by all accounts, was the one calling the shots as far as designs went. Lucas' detractors try to deny it, but Kershner and Marquand were directors for hire executing Lucas' vision.

Could it be that in the day the cheapest and fastest way to make a cool looking ship was to use a bunch of pre-made ‘complications’ - parts from other models that already looked like something; but now, it’s all done in a computer, and it’s actually faster and easier to model a complex smooth surface with a little surface math-texture added, than to computer model all sorts of random bits that actually look like they make some sort of sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got impatient

I've always wanted a twilight. And I think this is to scale with the tiny bandai falcon
3ab2c2e171a29a595a60c5ab2717952f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I thought Rogue One had better designs than the new trilogy. It looks like the Han Solo film may have some interesting designs as well. At least there will be a significantly different Falcon for Bandai to make a model of.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I thought Rogue One had better designs than the new trilogy. It looks like the Han Solo film may have some interesting designs as well. At least there will be a significantly different Falcon for Bandai to make a model of.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
I'll really give rogue one credit for costumes. Fantastic stuff

What about the transport ships the first order lands with at the beginning of TFA, which look like the equivalent to glorified boxes? They have the all this technology at their fingertips and the ship designs feel so lazy. I think it's a matter of spitting product out to get a cash grab more than art with these new films. Although I did find the U-Wing visually interesting.

TLJ was by far the worst for star wars ships. A giant flat piece of pizza, saggy B-wing things, Walkers with faces, and a flying submarine. So bad!

I essentially agree with everything you said. You, sir, are on point. (at least in my opinion)

Of course, I pretty much dislike everything about TFA, including the ships. I still can't bring myself to buy the new X-Wing model. Everything about the designs screams to me "just make something so we can cash in on it". It's strange, though, that Rogue One seemed the opposite to me. The U-Wing felt so much more "Star Wars", although I thought the Tie Striker was a decent design, just not needed.

I'll say that the rickety speeders in TLJ were interesting to me. All other designs had too much smooth paneling, and seemed catered toward easy CGI rather than cool Star Wars universe design. The resistance bombers were just ripoffs of B-17s. It was a little too "on the nose" as they say.

Could it be that in the day the cheapest and fastest way to make a cool looking ship was to use a bunch of pre-made ‘complications’ - parts from other models that already looked like something; but now, it’s all done in a computer, and it’s actually faster and easier to model a complex smooth surface with a little surface math-texture added, than to computer model all sorts of random bits that actually look like they make some sort of sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's been my running theory for the past few years. Someone I talked to about Rogue One looking so much more realistic said that, when they did the cgi models, the "skins" they put on them were to resemble plastic, rather than metal or some other material, which is why they look like they do. Nearly flawless. (flawless, in the case of the Star Destroyers)

The TIE/Striker and the larger TIE/Reaper Troop Transport were nice designs- we just did not see them enough to really register.
IMO 'Rogue One' had more subjects I would love a kit of than both of the new trilogy films. Some were OK on screen, but just not that interesting enough to want to see on the shelf, about the only exception is the First Order Star Destroyer. Not as well designed as the classic, but I would like one if it is a decent size,,,

been watching clone wars,

EVERYTHING is better than the last two movies!

plot, designs,....EVERYTHING!

PLEASE!.....PLEASE,...PLEASE!....Bandai do a gunship!!!

been watching clone wars,

EVERYTHING is better than the last two movies!

plot, designs,....EVERYTHING!

PLEASE!.....PLEASE,...PLEASE!....Bandai do a gunship!!!
Yeah...the clone wars is my "happy place".

It's pure Lucas. I think that in many ways, it's what he was trying to achieve in all these years

Yeah it will be interesting to see how the faces turn out. I would have bet that we would have gotten alien 1/12 kits before human.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah it will be interesting to see how the faces turn out. I would have bet that we would have gotten alien 1/12 kits before human.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’m expecting these to be 1/6, personally. I didn’t expect any unhelmeted humans in this range at all. Interesting.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back