Bandai release schedule

I'm sorry, but the bomber in TLJ was just plain stupid at least in the context used. What was 'pulling' the bombs towards the targer ship?
It was in space for pete's sake...wow. Sigh.
Took the 'WWII Bomber' analogy too far.
R/ Robert
Imagination, lack you do...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There's a 1/144 bomber available on shapeways. The bomber design was just too simple for my taste; it seemed like a kitbash someone would have done in 15 minutes in high school with a B-29 kit and a Falcon model.

There's a 1/144 bomber available on shapeways. The bomber design was just too simple for my taste; it seemed like a kitbash someone would have done in 15 minutes in high school with a B-29 kit and a Falcon model.

I agree. If it had a more distinctive cockpit shape at the front of the cigar body, or better proportions between the upper tube and the long bomb bay it might have worked better for me. I can accept the idea of bombs falling out of the bay as a WWII homage, but I would've preferred if they'd have acknowledged they were in space by showing the bomb's launch instead of drop or by adding a line of dialogue calling them "mag-bombs" or something.

I love it. Partly because of the idea that the bottom fin, or the bomb compartment, was like a gun clip that attaches to the main ship when it’s loaded. Got this from the Art of book and thought it was a great concept. They were apparently going to film how the ship flew over and attached to the clip inside a bay, but decided not to in the end.

One of the great things about Star Wars is that there are a lot of ships to choose from. I didn't particularly like the bomber, but more power to anyone who does. I love the Naboo fighter but I know many others don't.

I'm kinda surprised they haven't released an original trilogy Millennium Falcon at 1/144. Seems kinda no brainer after doing the Force Awakens/Last Jedi version.

I'm kinda surprised they haven't released an original trilogy Millennium Falcon at 1/144. Seems kinda no brainer after doing the Force Awakens/Last Jedi version.
Yeah I totally agree with! We could get one for the Solo movie maybe, I know a lot us are still waiting on Tie bomber and B-wings as well. I think the Solo movie will bring new and more kits then TLJ, I still would like a Tie silencer and AT-M6 in a scale that would be taller then the 1/144 AT-AT.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah I totally agree with! We could get one for the Solo movie maybe, I know a lot us are still waiting on Tie bomber and B-wings as well. I think the Solo movie will bring new and more kits then TLJ, I still would like a Tie silencer and AT-M6 in a scale that would be taller then the 1/144 AT-AT.

Kylo Ren's rides really aren't getting a lot of love from Bandai!

They could literally have picked up any Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels book and find a better bomber design. I would have even accepted an upgraded B-Wing over that wreck.

The Bomber looks like it was designed to be a Lego/Toy.

It does look better on screen in the film, there is just not that much to the design to hold my interest if I had one to hold in my hand and look at it from different angles. If Bandai does come out with a Bomber as a kit I will likely get one, but after I have gotten everything else first.

It could be argued that the Resistance Bomber is kind of a scaled up B-Wing. They just didn't give it enough distinctive details for my taste.

Yeah....what is going on with these new films.....the ship Leia landed in on in TFA looked a bit like a B-Wing....the bombers & those rickety speeders in TLJ were also

J

The bomber isn't my favorite design, but then again neither is the B-wing or the Y-Wing. I've always been more of a fighter or even an interceptor kind of guy. The resistance bomber reminded me a lot of a flying Fortress, which what it was based off of. So, I guess it did it's job. In fact, I was just watching Red Tails on the 15th, and the sequence in the beginning where the flight group has to protect the bombers was eerily similar to the opening of TLJ. Right down to the flyboys getting cocky and chasing after their own targets instead of staying put and protecting the bombers.

Yeah....what is going on with these new films.....the ship Leia landed in on in TFA looked a bit like a B-Wing....the bombers & those rickety speeders in TLJ were also

J
What about the transport ships the first order lands with at the beginning of TFA, which look like the equivalent to glorified boxes? They have the all this technology at their fingertips and the ship designs feel so lazy. I think it's a matter of spitting product out to get a cash grab more than art with these new films. Although I did find the U-Wing visually interesting.

TLJ was by far the worst for star wars ships. A giant flat piece of pizza, saggy B-wing things, Walkers with faces, and a flying submarine. So bad!

What about the transport ships the first order lands with at the beginning of TFA, which look like the equivalent to glorified boxes? They have the all this technology at their fingertips and the ship designs feel so lazy. I think it's a matter of spitting product out to get a cash grab more than art with these new films. Although I did find the U-Wing visually interesting.

TLJ was by far the worst for star wars ships. A giant flat piece of pizza, saggy B-wing things, Walkers with faces, and a flying submarine. So bad!

When those landers were shown before TFA came out, I joked that they asked the artists to make a spacey looking Higgins boat. A bunch of people on here said I was imagining things, and then after the movie, they said that's exactly what they were asked for! It was THAT lazy. It sounds like it's the directors who are making the call on what designs are used on these movies.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back