STAR WARS (Samurai Boba Fett)

Last night I was able to do some dry bushing and I'm really satisfied with the final product on the paintjob I plan on doing this to all pieces and parts of this build so they match up. Anyways the main coats are krylon for the green and red, the silver is acrylic and the black wash for the dry brush as well is acrylic.
photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPG

So me and my wife finally tackled the shin armor this weekend it was a bit difficult at first, but once we produced the shell and formed it layering it seemed to be much easier.
we are trying to also work on the individual weapons that attach to the front plates on the shins. Trying to budget and cut them out of foam and shape them best I can, but not entirely sure I like them. Maybe just a little more time with them and I"ll be satisfied, that or I'll find a new material. Anyway here is the left leg, gave it some several coats of mod podge and hoping for a nicer weekend so we can do some more painting!
photo 1 (1).JPGphoto 2 (1).JPGphoto 3 (1).JPGphoto 4.JPG
It looks a little off in the lighting I have, but when I tried them on they formed perfectly to my leg, and where very comfortable.

I also managed to get the chest pieced all put together, I was actually very nervous about forming this one, because it has a very oval shape to it in the front. After some layering I think I got it down just the way I wanted it. I left one side open that will be attached by Velcro and leave a minor seam which I'm not really worried about because it will be covered by his brown scarf.
photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG
Can't wait to paint this piece as well, the color scheme for Ronin Boba Fett is just so awesome and has me so excited!!! Can't wait to show more progress pics!

Happy Friday Everyone, had another productive week again so here is the current update. I was hoping to have all the pieces above the waist finished this weekend but I think I need to practice my patience if I want this to turn out well, also I have to wait on my lovely wife's mad podging skills.

Anyways I was able to finish making the shoulder plates, arm plates, and hand armor. The 550 cord was to big to do the original cross pattern they have on the action figure, but you cant really tell on the action figure either unless you stare at too long. I just tied them thru and knotted them once had to also put filler in the gap of the seam I know it looks ugly in the picture but I sanded it down pretty well, so with some mod podge on there it should look perfect.

photo 4.JPGphoto 5.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 2.JPG

SO much many pieces to mod podge :wacko
]photo 1.JPG

I also was able to lay the first coats of paint down last knight on the torso armor. A lot of touch-ups are needed which will be my objective tonight along with giving it a minor black wash to fill in some creases. Hopefully it turns out just like the action figure. Also quick question for anyone who is a knowledgeable Boba Fett Fan, Does anyone know the name of the pattern or little insignia he has placed on his right breast plate? I was trying to paint it on last night by hand and I think it could be much better since my wife said it looked like a demented penis... Anyways if anyone knows where I could get a stencil or the name of the insignia don't hesitate to comment, Thanks guys!
photo 1 (1).JPGphoto 2 (1).JPG

Everything looks really good so far. I want to give you an advice. As I was building my torso armor. I recognized a huge problem. There are two armor plates which protect you belly area. I glued them together. The same way you did. But by doing this I had serious problems moving in the armor. I had to redo the abdomen plates but this time I only glued one armor plate to the body armor. The second plate I glued to the utility belt. So I can twist and bend my lower body much better.
I am adding pictures of what I mean to this thread later this day.

Yeah Radlos would love to see some pics! I was thinking that might be an issue but I didn't make the torso so long it probably starts an inch above my waist line when I did the test fit it seemed alright, the only issue I might have is sitting down. Which is an issue with all my armor builds haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came across this today and I have to say that it's looking amazing. I've always thought that figure looked so good and it's great to see you putting it into a full scale costume like this. You're really doing it justice as well.

The foam work is looking so clean as well. I'd love to see any more detail on how you're putting this all together. I'm particularly interested by how you've got such a clean fit on the gauntlets while still being able to fit your hands though the gap.

Got some more done this weekend, Finished painting the shoulders and detailing the torso. Still need to work on those decals, in the end I'm probably just going to paint them I also did some test fitting for the upper half. After putting it all on I realized I'm not even half way complete... I also managed to make some of the utility/ cutting tools that he has stashed on his legs and gauntlet. Started mod podging those, this week I'm hoping to complete the piece that covers his neck and hopefully find a jump suit grey that will work with this piece. If anyone knows where to get a one piece grey jumpsuit let me know. Anyways here are some progress pics.
photo 1 (2).JPGphoto 2 (2).JPGphoto 3 (1).JPGphoto 4 (1).JPGphoto 5 (1).JPG
Also finally got around to finishing the right leg cant wait to paint all these pieces!

Thanks Sofa! Cant wait to have it finished! Me and my wife will definitely be storming that Falcon Cockpit in our new getups ;)

Yeah @Radlos would love to see some pics! I was thinking that might be an issue but I didn't make the torso so long it probably starts an inch above my waist line when I did the test fit it seemed alright, the only issue I might have is sitting down. Which is an issue with all my armor builds haha.
sitting is really a problem. especially with the butt armor :D
12799178_1176230532401954_3427948719322498011_n.jpg
this is my costume so far. maybe i am starting a thread in the next days where i explain my build

Radlos are the pockets cloth? They look really good (it all looks really good). Did you put some sort of ventilation in the helmet? If not I would recommend a small fan.

@Radlos are the pockets cloth? They look really good (it all looks really good). Did you put some sort of ventilation in the helmet? If not I would recommend a small fan.
Just the two big grey pockets are made out of felt. All the others are made out of 1mm thick EVA foam.
I thought about putting a fan into the helmet toin the beginning. After I tested the finished helmet....wearing it for 2 hours straight, i decided not to put fans into it. It really isn't that hot under the bucket :)

Radlos everything looks amazing!!! and I agree with mmhnc the pockets and waist cloth looks awesome! The same goes for my helmet there is enough ventilation coming from underneath the helmet you don't really need a fan though I may install some light in there ;) .

So got a lot done in the past 2 days had a chance to make finish and paint the neck piece which I almost forgot :facepalm, but no worries also was able to finish some painting since we finally have some nice weather to work with (Goodbye Winter!!!). Managed to paint the legs and shoulder decal and weather everything so been able to keep myself pretty busy.
photo 1 (1).JPGphoto 2 (1).JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 3 (2).JPG
Sorry about that last pic my wife was not present to take the photo ugghhh... Also note the shin plates aren't my best work I might go back later and re-do them, I'll let this thread be the ultimate judge of character on this one. What do you guys think?
photo 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPGphoto 5 (2).JPG

Also wanted to post this to here as well even though I started a separate thread, but wanted to get feedback from you guys. I finished some Samurai Darth Vader components like the chest, neck, and gauntlets just wanted to see what you guys think of the neck and chest plates. Also took a picture of my workshop last night and it looks like a mess because have so many pieces lying around, I really need a bigger workspace lol...
photo 2 (2).JPGphoto 1 (2).JPGsome cracking after a I peeled away some tape, so I need to do touchups.
photo 3 (1).JPGphoto 4 (1).JPG
Moving soon so hopefully we can find a bigger apartment with much needed costume and work space.

Wow just went back through the posts and saw this now, sorry for taking so long to answer :facepalm. Anyways thank you very much Ikras :D! The trick is I put a strip of half inch EVA at the top of the gauntlet where the forearm is, this gives it that somewhat bulky forearm look like any action figure or armored character has, this also gives it more stability to the forearm and places that the gauntlet would likely slip down. On the wrist I add an extra inch and a 1/2 on the circumference, just enough space for my hand to slip through, I think it really depends on how small you can make your hand when clenching but that's what I do. Hope that helps, and hopefully soon I can get a video tutorial for that soon been meaning to get around to that because a few people have asked me about that.

No problem. Think that we both posted near simultaneously that time.

That makes a bit more sense I think. Think my issue is that I'd struggle to get my hands that small. I'd be interested to see the inside of the gauntlet anyway and look forward to the video. Currently arguing with shin parts myself but thinking ahead to gauntlets too. Seems like a good way of doing them.

Latest shots look great as well. It's a really nice shade of yellow you've got going there. Vader is looking good too. Really like the look of the chest detail. Might need to check out that thread as well now.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back