Next Superman Movie (Henry Cavill Out?)

Re: Next Superman Movie (Henry Cavill Out)

You mean like Marvel did when they didn't have the X-Men, FF, or Spidey, and pretty much bet the farm on Jon Favreau and Robert Downey, Jr., being able to pull something off with Iron Man?

Re: Man of Steel Sequel in Active Development

Man of Steel 2: Matthew Vaughn Teases His Superman Take | Collider

"Weirdly if I did do Superman—and I made the mistake of telling someone yesterday I have spoken about it and then wallop (laughs)—I think my main take would be, it’s really boring but make a Superman film. I just don’t feel a proper Superman—I think Donner did it to perfection for that time. Just doing the modern—I wanna do a modern version of the Donner [version]. Go back to the source material.. For me Superman is color, feel-good, heroic. He’s a beacon of light in darkness. And that’s what I think Superman should be."

Please please please please make this happen again.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's way too soon to consider rebooting, frankly they lost me with BvS and justice league. Too bad because they started out okay, they just needed to slow down the universe building instead of trying to catch up to Marvel.

You mean like Marvel did when they didn't have the X-Men, FF, or Spidey, and pretty much bet the farm on Jon Favreau and Robert Downey, Jr., being able to pull something off with Iron Man?

thumbs_up_married_with_children.gif

Now word is that Ben Affleck is out as Batman and the they are considering rebooting the films.
https://nypost.com/2018/09/12/ben-affleck-out-as-dcs-batman-following-henry-cavills-rumored-superman-exit/

IMO they really do not know how to make these films- they are looking at other successful works and grabbing elements without knowing why those elements work well elsewhere. There is a committee of suits arguing with each other and pulling strings at cross purposes- this sort of thing created that mess released as 'Suicide Squad', which had terrific promise and some reportedly great moments left on the cutting room floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
DC is doing what they want to do. Agree or disagree. Love or hate. They are doing what they want to do. It's as simple as that. History taking its course.

They just need to focus on making Elseworld films and when one of those really resonates with audiences, build off from there. This is where I make the plea for the Superman 1938 film.

I would LOVE this! Would be fantastic to have Superman set in 1938! I honestly would love to see Batman from that time and then build up to the 1940's with the Justice Society! I think that ship has sailed though, in my opinion Warner has screwed up so much they need to Shelf the movies for a few years and start over.

I just want Superman back as he should be. Cavill can still be Supes I don't care. I want my Superman back. I know him when I see him.

Bats needs to start over, I never accepted Affleck.. Ditch the armor, go with his classic Neal Adams/Denny O'Neil great detective.
If we are talking Elseworlds there you go, Batman in the seventies. The streets were just as tough then as anytime.
Let's face it. The only really authentic Batman on big screen has been Mask of the Phantasm. And I love the Nolan films.
The rest I don't give the time of day to. Well Bats 66 for nostalgia kid entertainment factor.

I'd love to see Red Son Superman as a stand alone story. It's one the best Superman tales written but there's no way any studio (much less DC) is that daring . Just thinking about it is more fun than watching Justice League! ;)

Dear Warner Bros:

We don't care when the next DC movie is set.
We don't care who stars in it.
We don't care who directs & produces it.
We don't care what the tone is.
We don't care what it's rated.

All we want is this:

1. Agree with your filmmakers on what kind of movie you want, before they start on it, and stick to that.
2. Give them enough time to finish making the movie, before you release it.

Sincerely,
The entire viewing public

They need to take a long break, get a bunch of people in a room to sit down and plot a coherent timeline and connected story, and get this mess worked out.

They've been throwing poo in the dark for years to see what sticks and I just knew eventually this DCU would implode. They tried doing too much too quick.

They have TV and film universes that don't even live in the same world! It's all horribly confusing and unthoughtful.

I'm especially upset that 2 of my favorite superhero characters growing up (Superman and Batman) have been so poorly handled over the last 6 years. I've never not cared so much for Batman in my entire life after the Nolan films. I very much enjoyed Man of Steel and then they promptly wasted no time crapping all over it with the BvS film.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back