ANOVOS Darth Vader

The Quasimodo is a very nicely sculpted helmet out there. A lot of hard work was put into it and I will not deny that. But there are more accurate helmets out there for around the same price.

JMC if he still makes helmets is a lot nicer for around $675. And if you can come across a Darth Stone helmet snag it up. Its the most accurate you can get in the 800-900 dollar range.

And if you really want to save your pennies and get the ultimate Vader helmet with direct ties to the production film mold that produced the screen used, CFO is the go to guy. He currently offers the most accurate ROTJ in my opinion out there.

Well said,my black friend.:)

I also like the Quasimodo.Really good work.But I would always prefer a good made studio cast.You can see the differences.

I received my vader helmet today, can anyone identify its origins?

Attachments

• 39592B44-5C0C-4DAB-AD62-E4E663FBA1B3.jpeg
    39592B44-5C0C-4DAB-AD62-E4E663FBA1B3.jpeg
    476.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 403C51F4-81D4-4F0A-9539-88F15814758E.jpeg
    403C51F4-81D4-4F0A-9539-88F15814758E.jpeg
    477.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 987C1FA5-6C78-48A8-83B8-D471D8211072.jpeg
    987C1FA5-6C78-48A8-83B8-D471D8211072.jpeg
    466.9 KB · Views: 122
  • F10E6523-DA7D-4D72-94CF-7C21FA5EE471.jpeg
    F10E6523-DA7D-4D72-94CF-7C21FA5EE471.jpeg
    497.5 KB · Views: 121
The pics are to near...you must make shots from the distance.And clear poses.Front,sides,back....typical Vaderposes...etc.

The pics are to near...you must make shots from the distance.And clear poses.Front,sides,back....typical Vaderposes...etc.[/QUOTE
what eles should I post

Attachments

• 43C257D9-42FA-4AB4-BC9D-CEF6B6E806D3.jpeg
    43C257D9-42FA-4AB4-BC9D-CEF6B6E806D3.jpeg
    633.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 4BEEAA4B-67D7-40C8-896C-2BAE1D8B94FE.jpeg
    4BEEAA4B-67D7-40C8-896C-2BAE1D8B94FE.jpeg
    619 KB · Views: 108
  • 2FF94F65-0873-4E00-AD10-D372219C1EF9.jpeg
    2FF94F65-0873-4E00-AD10-D372219C1EF9.jpeg
    545.9 KB · Views: 110
  • BBF429CA-698F-41BC-9BE3-1F011D80DD43.jpeg
    BBF429CA-698F-41BC-9BE3-1F011D80DD43.jpeg
    607 KB · Views: 114
  • 3EBAC8B5-0EC7-461F-8D67-DEDAE365B4C8.jpeg
    3EBAC8B5-0EC7-461F-8D67-DEDAE365B4C8.jpeg
    605.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 14EB1CAD-B723-4D7D-8A90-D755203B8366.jpeg
    14EB1CAD-B723-4D7D-8A90-D755203B8366.jpeg
    590.7 KB · Views: 141
  • A5206799-97B0-4DF2-9ED7-6659204866D1.jpeg
    A5206799-97B0-4DF2-9ED7-6659204866D1.jpeg
    634 KB · Views: 108
  • A2CBEE0E-1CB3-44D6-87EF-3249EFFE3591.jpeg
    A2CBEE0E-1CB3-44D6-87EF-3249EFFE3591.jpeg
    616.3 KB · Views: 111
I cannot see the pics bigger because my internet is too slow now...downloading 2 PS4 games now.:lol

But you should make the pics not with the window in the back(look on your pic..the left side of the dome is lost in the light).Put the helmet on a table with a wall in the background and make some pics from 2 meters distance with no flash.

I cannot see the pics bigger because my internet is too slow now...downloading 2 PS4 games now.:lol

But you should make the pics not with the window in the back(look on your pic..the left side of the dome is lost in the light).Put the helmet on a table with a wall in the background and make some pics from 2 meters distance with no flash.

Now that I have it in person and looking closely, I’m starting to believe this is a efx recast

Mark has researched the paint and the finish as much as he possibly can to make his helmets as accurate to the finished screen copies as possible. He has stated that he used the same original paint brand Ron Punter has used on the screen helmets.

Mark got all the paint info from me, following conversations I've had with Ron :) I've been providing Mark with mesh and eye lens material info as well, and happy to do so as he's a great guy.

The GS helmets he's making are gorgeous and if anyone's considering one - I'd say go for it!

Mark got all the paint info from me, following conversations I've had with Ron :) I've been providing Mark with mesh and eye lens material info as well, and happy to do so as he's a great guy.

The GS helmets he's making are gorgeous and if anyone's considering one - I'd say go for it!

I am on the list for one and have been waiting since October. Im sooo impatient. I get on the forum everyday just to see if Mark messaged me to say he is ready to accept payment and can ship. Im super excited and I have dreamed about the helmet once or twice!

IMO the CFO/GS helmet is the pinnacle of all ROTJ replicas ever made. How many out there can say they are sourced from the UK production mold like the GS? None that I can think of! The Very same mold the screen used had touched!!!!! Every sculptural detail is accurate down the last mm(aside from all the sanding Mark did to remove the bad finish)

Well said,my black friend.:)

I also like the Quasimodo.Really good work.But I would always prefer a good made studio cast.You can see the differences.

Im glad someone else can see what I was saying, I see a lot of things Im not a fan of on the Quasimodo because of it being a fan sculpt. No fan sculpt can match the closeness of an authentic cast because of Vader's helmet having a very specific sculpted look. One angle of a difference can throw the entire thing off.

Both JMC and Darth Stone's helmet started with a source that can trace back to Lucasfilm thus in my opinion ranking them over the Quasimodo. Its not just the lineage its because of the lineage they capture the look far better imo.

Now that I have it in person and looking closely, I’m starting to believe this is a efx recast

I know for a fact that its not an EFX recast. The dome strip is to wide and the right hand side of the mouth vent bends inward as the EFX as the correct bending outward. Those are just a couple of the many tells that its no EFX anything.

- - - Updated - - -

All of this good discussion and my anovos helmet has not yet arrived.. :(

Enviado desde mi SM-G955U mediante Tapatalk

Dont feel bad I have been waiting on my CFo/GS since October.

Im glad someone else can see what I was saying, I see a lot of things Im not a fan of on the Quasimodo because of it being a fan sculpt. No fan sculpt can match the closeness of an authentic cast because of Vader's helmet having a very specific sculpted look. One angle of a difference can throw the entire thing off.

Both JMC and Darth Stone's helmet started with a source that can trace back to Lucasfilm thus in my opinion ranking them over the Quasimodo. Its not just the lineage its because of the lineage they capture the look far better imo.

Your right.The angle is it.Quasimodo looks great on some pics..but from others you can see the differences to an original cast.

Yeah GS, Darth Stone and CFO seems really awesome.
I think it depends on what people are looking for. I 100% understand that people look after perfect movie accuracy of the original prop used on set or for trooping.
personnaly i’m more interested in screen accuracy and the emotion suggested by the prop and find back the mood of the film. In this way the Quasimodo seems perfect to me because I see it more like an Art object, a display masterpiece that i would maybe never wear. Just a wonderful pure artistic interpretation of the character. A tribute to Vader.

Depends on what we look for.

Last edited:
Yeah GS, Darth Stone and CFO seems really awesome.
I think it depends on what people are looking for. I 100% understand that people look after perfect movie accuracy of the original prop used on set or for trooping.
personnaly i’m more interested in screen accuracy and the emotion suggested by the prop and find back the mood of the film. In this way the Quasimodo seems perfect to me because I see it more like an Art object, a display masterpiece that i would maybe never wear. Just a wonderful pure artistic interpretation of the character. A tribute to Vader.

Depends on what we look for.

So you're saying a less accurate sculpt can capture the essence and emotion of the character? Tell me how that makes sense.

An authentic cast will match what was on screen point blank. None of this emotion or trying to capture the essence bull crap will work on me. There are some fetures of the Quasimodo that dont match on the screen helmets point blank.

But it is a great marketing idea.."its not 100% accurate..BUT...the emotions are better!"-And you see..it works with some guys.;)

I can understand this point with the look on others not so talented "vaderartists".But nothing goes over a real authentic cast.

Oh..I got my CFO cast this week...great.:):thumbsup

No no don’t get me wrong. Sorry if I hurt you.
maybe i did not explained me well. I’m sorry, English is not my language. I’m not saying that Quasimodo surpasses everything in term of accuracy. You’re absolutely much more experts than I am and yours eyes are certainly more trained than mines.
It is certain that there are things that I don’t notice.
For my aspirations and my « Vader level » it is « enough » screen accurate and i felt in love as much as the helmet as the story and human adventure.

There are two types of helmets out there. Those that have a direct lineage to the original, and those that do not. 99.9% of the population would never see the difference including most Vader fans. When purchasing a helmet, you need to ask yourself one question. How important is it that my helmet have a direct connection to the screen used prop? They're both going to look beautiful on your shelf or as part of your Vader costume. But some people appreciate the satisfaction of knowing that it is a relative of the original. It's just a matter of preference.

But some people appreciate the satisfaction of knowing that it is a relative of the original. It's just a matter of preference.

No.If I would not see the differences I would also buy a fansculpt.But you can see it..and that´s why I prefer authentic casts.It is impossible to copy the perfect look from every angle of the screenused Vaderhelmets.

Last edited:
No.If I would not see the differences I would also buy a fansculpt.But you can see it..and that´s why I prefer authentic casts.It is impossible to copy the perfect look from every angle of the screenused Vaderhelmets.
That's why I said 99.9% of people can't see the difference. There are still a lot of die-hard Vader fans that are very aware of the differences and can appreciate a more authentic cast. You are one of them!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back