Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

I feel a lot of biased opinions here. How are they too thick at the base? They look pretty damn spot on to me. As far as the paint is concerned, I don't see any glittery bit.

I am biased.....I like claws that are closer to the film, and Dark Matter's are....These aren't....While they're not bad...They're still too fat at the base, which is what I said above...I don't think it's overly complex....The part nearest the hand, and actually, all along the claw, is too thick....(They're also too short...)

x-men-days-of-future-past-poster-wolverine.jpgXMenDaysofFuturePastWolverineClawsVanopstal08.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, of course I am biased, lol. I think my claws are the best out there... if I didn't then I would change them to be the best. Of course, it has been a work in progress to get to the current design but I am at a very happy with the current design... I don't see myself changing anything else anytime soon. Just gonna work on some new designs. ;)

@comombub You can see the glittery reflections most in this picture:

http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f...verineclawsvanopstal06-jpeg-447564d1425601980

I am not sure how else to explain it. You can see the same glittery effect on automotive paint jobs.

Last edited:
Hey guys! It's been awhile since I posted on here, but I still keep up with the forum. Logan's Closet recently had a run of Legacy X-1's, they are the closets X-1's to the original jacket. Mine was one on the order. It is a great jacket. I have wanted this jacket since I was 7 watching X-1 for the first time, and I couldn't be happier with it.
X-1 LC 1.pngX-1 LC 2.pngX-1 LC 3.pngX-1 LC 4.pngX-1 LC 5.pngX-1 LC 6.pngX-1 LC 7.pngX-1 LC 8.pngWolverine compare.png

Last edited:
Dan won't still get back to me on the DOFP jacket...Has anybody had word with him? I'm trying to figure out if he can do that overseas version for me before I put the money one something else

He's sold a few on eBay....And there was one up there last time I looked (Still up there...Size 44...)...I think he's still planning to get them made decently by a States based company as well...I'd like to see those too....

He's been busy though, getting the new line off the ground seems to have taken a lot of his free time, and there wasn't much of that as it was.....

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know if UD replicas or other motorcycle suit designer is making the Days of Future past wolverine armor jacket? (long sentence sorry lol)

I've seen the ebay leather jackets but they are such eye sores.

I asked this during one of David's q&a's on facebook and he told me that UDR no longer has the license to replicate X-Men merch. After that, i started gogling black vinyl leather and thought "might as well see what it takes to make a faux leather version" I think it would hold up longer than foam alone in the long haul

Yeah those other claws have a sorta thick base end, like theyre in between thicknesses of both the original claw design and the TW/DOFP style. The new design is thinner at the back because its base is double bladed there, that replica kinda threw me off because its thicker yet double bladed at the base end lol. This is therpf: each fraction of every milimeter is noticed and identified lol haha

That looks lovely....I'd tracked down the fabric itself, and had planned to buy enough for a shirt when I went back to the UK in summer this year, but that's still a long way off......And the fabric alone is still expensive.....

What are you planning to do with the stuff? Make a run? If so, please count me interested....I've been wanting one of these shirts for a long time now!

That pattern is nice! Hey fyi someone is parting out their Hot Toys DOFP Future Wolverine on thebay and has pics of the blue/yellow/black under top, finally pics of the whole thing!

Nice! Would you mind sharing where you found it? I would love to get myself a few yards to make a shirt. What kind of fabric is it?

Here is the highest resolution image I have of the pattern from the movie (click on 'View Original' at the top of the page to see the full resolution):
http://1drv.ms/1bhKCZJ

In this image you can see that the heart of the feather and the marks (seed shaped spots) above the heart of the feather are darker than the rest of the feather. In the sample you posted it looks like the whole feather is the same color. I wonder why?

Last edited:
Nice! Would you mind sharing where you found it? I would love to get myself a few yards to make a shirt. What kind of fabric is it?

Here is the highest resolution image I have of the pattern from the movie (click on 'View Original' at the top of the page to see the full resolution):
http://1drv.ms/1bhKCZJ

In this image you can see that the heart of the feather and the marks (seed shaped spots) above the heart of the feather are darker than the rest of the feather. In the sample you posted it looks like the whole feather is the same color. I wonder why?

I wasn't able to find the fabric in the correct colors, so I modified the pattern and created my own. This is custom printed 100% combed cotton. Looks like I still need to modify my file. I agree the centers and top portion of the feathers are darker. Do you think this is a greenish color different than the rest of the feather or just a darker shade of the same color?

Soulinertia Please run off some X-Men: Days of Future Past - 70's Wolverine Liberty London - caesar, hera, peacock pattern shirts bub! I'd definitely be one to get 'em commissioned if possible. Thanks for your consideration bub! \I/\I/
View attachment 453158View attachment 453165

I won't have time to fabricate shirts myself anytime soon, unless my work situation changes. But I'm looking into sourcing the correct snap buttons and may be able to offer a run of fabric.

That looks lovely....I'd tracked down the fabric itself, and had planned to buy enough for a shirt when I went back to the UK in summer this year, but that's still a long way off......And the fabric alone is still expensive.....

What are you planning to do with the stuff? Make a run? If so, please count me interested....I've been wanting one of these shirts for a long time now!

Were you able to find it in the right colors?

I wasn't able to find the fabric in the correct colors, so I modified the pattern and created my own. This is custom printed 100% combed cotton. Looks like I still need to modify my file. I agree the centers and top portion of the feathers are darker. Do you think this is a greenish color different than the rest of the feather or just a darker shade of the same color?

Ahh, yes. I did the same thing but never got the fabric printed. I would be interested in seeing a larger sample of the fabric that you had printed to see enough of the repeating pattern so I can compare it to my own study.

I think the areas I mentioned are darker shades of the same brownish color, although, in some shots it does have a tenancy to look like it may have a little bit of a blue hue.

Considering the variations in lighting conditions, it is hard to say, but I think the dark blue color in the background is a little too muted. I would have to see other pictures in various lighting conditions in order to formulate a solid opinion on that though.

I would definitely be interested in a bit of fabric and the blue pearl snap buttons.

The screen used Wolverine 70's shirt appears to be made with the front of the Liberty London fabric flipped around backwards to the inside instead of out. The fabric I found is the authentic correct pattern, but the wrong color scheme. Any idea if pattern is in fact the same print only inside-out? Pattern has less detail when viewed from the back.
LibertyLondonCaesarPeacockPatternHD.jpg(FRONT)
LibertyLondonCaesarPeacockPatternBack.jpg(BACK)
LibertyPatternINSIDEOUT.JPG(ON-SCREEN)

Last edited:
All he detail is still there on Hugh's shirt but the colors are muted. I think they must have dyed one of the other base fabric prints. If it was just inside out then when he rolls up his sleeves then you would be able to see the right side of the fabric and it would look funny.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back