Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Apr 2014
    From
    washington
    Apr 1, 2018, 5:47 PM - My heiland saber builds! 2018 #1

Hi RPF members! Some time ago I purchased 2 vintage heiland flashes in an eBay listing, a 3-cell and a 2-cell. Perfect for a first time saber builder. They have been on the back burner for some time but recently I wanted to start it back up. Here's the progress so far:
    I'm pretty happy with the results. The shroud is 3d printed by a seller on Etsy, the clamp is from TCSS, d-ring is a found part and the thumbscrew from the stock heiland shroud. I've painted the end cap black. I've tried to weather all the parts to meet the aesthetic of the flash tube itself as well to match the ESB/ROTJ saber. Here's some more pictures: I'll post some pictures of the t-track later tonight, I still need to figure out the bulb release and wires, any ideas? Also how do you go about converting the ANH clamp lever to ESB? Thanks for looking! And feel free to leave comments, questions, and advice. Thanks to Chaim (sym cha) for helping me with some of my questions back when I was purchasing them.
    Last edited by grenater; Apr 1, 2018 at 6:03 PM.
    Apr 7, 2018, 9:27 AM - Re: My heiland saber builds! 2018 #2

Very nice, Ill be starting a Heiland build myself soon. Flashguns in the mail and I just placed a pre-order for Romans repro shroud and clamp. If your doing ESB the bulb release and wires can be had at Wannawanga. The shops closed at the moment but will be open again around the 15th I think. Ill definately be getting the bulb release and a set of grips
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Apr 8, 2018, 4:16 PM - Re: My heiland saber builds! 2018 #3

That's absolutely a nice upgrade of that Heiland into an MPP look-a-like Vader lightsaber ... well done

Cha´m
    From
    South Carolina
    Apr 8, 2018, 6:48 PM - Re: My heiland saber builds! 2018 #4

Excellent build so far! Check out what Roy offers at wannawanga.com. There's loads of good stuff there.
    You're off to a great start!

This is is my ESB Heiland saber I built. It was my first build.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171226_233633.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	645.8 KB 
ID:	808291
  5. Member Since
    Apr 2014
    From
    washington
    Apr 10, 2018, 10:52 AM - Re: My heiland saber builds! 2018 #5

BlandoCalrssian said: View Post
    Very nice, Ill be starting a Heiland build myself soon. Flashguns in the mail and I just placed a pre-order for Romans repro shroud and clamp. If your doing ESB the bulb release and wires can be had at Wannawanga. The shops closed at the moment but will be open again around the 15th I think. Ill definately be getting the bulb release and a set of grips
    I look forward to seeing it! Even though heilands aren't technically correct, there is still something special about them. I think since there so old they have a look that can't be replicated.
  6. Member Since
    Apr 2014
    From
    washington
    Apr 10, 2018, 10:54 AM - Re: My heiland saber builds! 2018 #6

Sym-Cha said: View Post
    That's absolutely a nice upgrade of that Heiland into an MPP look-a-like Vader lightsaber ... well done

Cha´m
    Thanks, I'm slowly but surely moving along.
  7. Member Since
    Apr 2014
    From
    washington
    Apr 10, 2018, 10:56 AM - Re: My heiland saber builds! 2018 #7

russellsch said: View Post
    Excellent build so far! Check out what Roy offers at wannawanga.com. There's loads of good stuff there.
    You're off to a great start!

This is is my ESB Heiland saber I built. It was my first build.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171226_233633.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	645.8 KB 
ID:	808291
    That's awesome, you got a build thread? I'd love to see more.