Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Leia actually killed Jabba..

Luke killed henchmen *trying to kill him and his friends*, and *technically* Leia is also the one who fired the cannon into the deck of the sail barge killing the majority of Jabba’s crew.

Luke’s aggression was always displayed to meet aggression during battle or confrontation. It was never premeditated until RJ had him sneaking into a little kid’s bedroom.

It seems like if RJ had written him just sneaking in and watching a kid sleep with a lustful look in his eyes some of you would defend THAT saying he has a history of being a deviate because he’s into incest as evidenced by liking his sister’s kiss lol.

TLJ’s Luke was not the OT’s Luke, it’s just that simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/bO9m1-j26kU

I think he succeeded in these goals from this interview. At the expense of half the Star Wars community.

I suppose Obi was tempted by the dark side when he lopped off an arm during a mild weaponless tussle in the cantina! ;)

I've never viewed killing or violence in the star wars story as "dark side" activity. For me blaming all the characters struggles on some supposed external will robs them of their depth. Characters are more believable and relatable when you see them struggle with themselves, even when they seem to lose the struggle. My adult veiw of the Jedi order has evolved alot after seeing the prequels. The order was portrayed as a hypocritical dogmatic sect. None of them seemed wise, constantly making terrible mistakes and blunders, full of hubris and double talk. Nothing about them gave the impression of Jedi "knights" except for the lightsabers. It's probably the biggest disappointment about the prequels for me and one reason I don't include it in my personal canon.

I suppose Obi was tempted by the dark side when he lopped off an arm during a mild weaponless tussle in the cantina! ;)

He pulled a blaster first.

"NO BLASTERS! NO BLASTERS!"

*slice*

Also, the dark side with Luke was that he tapped into it to hack like a crazy person at Vader after continual goading to give into anger and strike.

*note - I'm not sure why I'm even jumping in on this as I haven't read anything but this post, and um... I'm drunk.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

If I remember, I'll head over to that Friday drinkin thread when I get home.

*slice*

Also, the dark side with Luke was that he tapped into it to hack like a crazy person at Vader after continual goading to give into anger and strike.

*note - I'm not sure why I'm even jumping in on this as I haven't read anything but this post, and um... I'm drunk.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

Ironically, being absolutely ****faced makes this movie 50% better.

:lol

Did you guys hear about this? Does this mean we can call it... Scargate?

Last edited by a moderator:

*slice*

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

I think I must have mixed it up with this one. ;)

Have a great Friday night!

And that's not a bad thing. I don't see why that should ever be a bad thing. I'm not the same person I was 5 years ago. 5 years ago I was a much more arrogant, preachy, and argumentative person then. I've changed. I've mellowed. I look back and cringe as some of the stupid things I pulled then. Now, imagine how much somebody changes in 30 years, after witnessing not just war, but betrayal, sacrifice, and immeasurable loss. Of course Luke isn't the OT Luke, and that's not a bad thing.

Leia actually killed Jabba..

Luke killed henchmen *trying to kill him and his friends*, and *technically* Leia is also the one who fired the cannon into the deck of the sail barge killing the majority of Jabba’s crew.

Luke’s aggression was always displayed to meet aggression during battle or confrontation. It was never premeditated until RJ had him sneaking into a little kid’s bedroom.

It seems like if RJ had written him just sneaking in and watching a kid sleep with a lustful look in his eyes some of you would defend THAT saying he has a history of being a deviate because he’s into incest as evidenced by liking his sister’s kiss lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but does it justify killing all those guys? As I've said before do two wrongs make a right? How many people died that were in endentured servitude to Jabba? They were just there to work off a debt. People have pointed out in the past, that it was almost like Luke was trying to provoke Jabba into fight.

And if you do some studding you'll find that TLJ Luke is actually very similar to his OT self. Though different as well.

It is a bad thing.... Ruin J made it so. He Crapped all over OT Luke, and everything JJ did on TFA.

The plan from the beginning was to show a disillusioned Luke. In the Art of The Force Awakens, as a part of the guided imagery phase, they show Luke sitting with sand pouring over him. And he doesn't even care that he's being burried.

Luke killed tons of people on the death star.

Luke is the villain of the story.

Reactions: JPH

Did you guys hear about this? Does this mean we can call it... Scargate?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23jylYiF1TE

This was talked about at the time but this is the first time I`ve seen Johnsons response to it. Even though I`m sure some would see it as a small matter its a glaring example of this guys attitude to things that happened before his time. Goofy...lol If Abrams displays the same attitude to Ruins work expect a total retcon of that last effort.

So if Feige`s contract with Marvel expires in autumn, that would be around September in the US....Hmmm.

Reactions: JPH

This was talked about at the time but this is the first time I`ve seen Johnsons response to it. Even though I`m sure some would see it as a small matter its a glaring example of this guys attitude to things that happened before his time. Goofy...lol If Abrams displays the same attitude to Ruins work expect a total retcon of that last effort.

So if Feige`s contract with Marvel expires in autumn, that would be around September in the US....Hmmm.

Rian likes to lie. The video I posted about the scar makes you wonder if he's capable of lying about that when confronted... what else is he lying about? These are the traits of a narcissistic, self-serving worm and a hack. He is very insecure of himself.

Funny thing is, he knows exactly how bad his writing is - he even says it himself.

Which lends me to believe... maybe, just maybe he's been a cinema troll the entire time. When left in the hands of a bumbling buffoon, the lazy and disjointed writing that is TLJ happens.

And that change was clearly the right choice. Thanos makes a much better foil if the audience believes he thinks he's doing the right thing for the universe. Verses a clearly selfish motivation like impressing a girl.

How was it "clearly the right choice..."? Do you have a reference point for how following the actual story would be received? This isnt Thanos in love with the red-haired girl like Charlie Brown, this is Death. The movie was entertaining, but if they followed the story the fangasms would be a tsunami.

How was it "clearly the right choice..."? Do you have a reference point for how following the actual story would be received? This isnt Thanos in love with the red-haired girl like Charlie Brown, this is Death. The movie was entertaining, but if they followed the story the fangasms would be a tsunami.
The movies have never exactly followed the comics so there was no need to establish death as his motivation for doing so.

Thanos doesn't see himself as being in the wrong, he is doing what he feels is necessary.

Like someone said easier to have him cull the universe just to impress a girl is high school level crap.

Last edited:

The Dark Side is at work with Luke. The Dark Side will make you do things you would otherwise not.

Anakin- Slaughters the sand people, kills a bunch Jedi including little kids, tries to kill his wife and unborn children, tries and later kills his best friend.

Luke- arrogantly kills Jabba and henchmen, tries to kill a man who's asking him to kill him, tries to kill his father, briefly contemplates killing his nephew.

Ben- Kills his uncle's students and turns the rest, stabs his father through the chest.

So is Luke out of character when he comes into Ben's room? Yes, and no. The Dark Side will make you do things "out of character".

Also remember, Master Yoda says that the path to the Dark Side is "Fear. Fear leads to anger, anger to hatred, hatred to suffering" In the scene from TLJ, as in everytime Luke trips up, you see Luke go through fear, anger, hatred. In essence, if you are letting your emotions control you, then chances are the Dark Side is at work in you. But if you are calm and centered, and you are in charge of your emotions, then Light Side can freely flow through you.

In that scene, Luke did not attack vader either. He was watching the Emperor slaughter or trying to slaughter the rebel fleet. He went for his saber to strike down the emperor who was responsible for everything. Not vader. I don't imagine he felt he was leaving that room. If he gets the emperor, odds are vader gets him before he can do anything else. As it was, vader was faster than that blocking his attempt at taking down the emperor.

At that point Luke DID NOT fight vader. he hid under the platform until vader threatened to go after Leia. At that point he fought back and ultimately stopped vader. He was not going for the kill either before the emperor tried to goad him on. He had the blade at his throat essentially saying I won. Then emperor then tried to goad him on to kill him at which point he used that break to calm down further and say no.

What yoda said i prequels also came 20 years AFTER the throne room scene was shot. Just saying. No where does it say a jedi never has fear or anger or even hatred. It is what you do when those feelings arise that differentiate you. Luke did not use those feelings to kill anyone. He didn't have hate in his face when fighting vader or wanting to take down the emperor. If anything it was desperation to save his friends/family/compatriots. In TLJ in Ben's recounting his face is full of hate, in his it's full of fear. The two situations were very different in reality. It is too far off to boil it down to taking on two vs one - face to face - a situation where you expect to die to save others vs a situation where you sneak up on an unsuspecting kid in the middle of the night, while he's asleep to stab him (literally) in the back.

If you worry he could become vader. Don't teach him more. Lure him somewhere and trap/strand him. Get him locked up. There doesn't seem to have been any attempt to stop it before it could happen. Anakin did much worse - that we know of anyhow - in AotC than Ben had done. Anakin wasn't a lost cause at that point. You wouldn't just kill him off there because he could kill millions down the road. Luke knows full well the visions aren't set in stone. No way in hell he goes to a place where he draws a weapon and is a second from killing his nephew when he hadn't done jack @#$% as of yet. Just from what we saw in ANH, Vader and the Emperor were already responsible for killing BILLIONS of people. Pretty sure the Jedi would have had little problem killing that kind of person off. A teen who'd killed no one? Radically different situation.

In that scene, Luke did not attack vader either. He was watching the Emperor slaughter or trying to slaughter the rebel fleet. He went for his saber to strike down the emperor who was responsible for everything. Not vader. I don't imagine he felt he was leaving that room. If he gets the emperor, odds are vader gets him before he can do anything else. As it was, vader was faster than that blocking his attempt at taking down the emperor.

At that point Luke DID NOT fight vader. he hid under the platform until vader threatened to go after Leia. At that point he fought back and ultimately stopped vader. He was not going for the kill either before the emperor tried to goad him on. He had the blade at his throat essentially saying I won. Then emperor then tried to goad him on to kill him at which point he used that break to calm down further and say no.

What yoda said i prequels also came 20 years AFTER the throne room scene was shot. Just saying. No where does it say a jedi never has fear or anger or even hatred. It is what you do when those feelings arise that differentiate you. Luke did not use those feelings to kill anyone. He didn't have hate in his face when fighting vader or wanting to take down the emperor. If anything it was desperation to save his friends/family/compatriots. In TLJ in Ben's recounting his face is full of hate, in his it's full of fear. The two situations were very different in reality. It is too far off to boil it down to taking on two vs one - face to face - a situation where you expect to die to save others vs a situation where you sneak up on an unsuspecting kid in the middle of the night, while he's asleep to stab him (literally) in the back.

If you worry he could become vader. Don't teach him more. Lure him somewhere and trap/strand him. Get him locked up. There doesn't seem to have been any attempt to stop it before it could happen. Anakin did much worse - that we know of anyhow - in AotC than Ben had done. Anakin wasn't a lost cause at that point. You wouldn't just kill him off there because he could kill millions down the road. Luke knows full well the visions aren't set in stone. No way in hell he goes to a place where he draws a weapon and is a second from killing his nephew when he hadn't done jack @#$% as of yet. Just from what we saw in ANH, Vader and the Emperor were already responsible for killing BILLIONS of people. Pretty sure the Jedi would have had little problem killing that kind of person off. A teen who'd killed no one? Radically different situation.

"A Jedi's strength flows from the Force- But beware of the Dark Side- Anger, fear, aggression- the Dark Side of the Force are they" Master Yoda The Empire Strikes Back.

Not it the same order, but the idea was there before ROTJ was made.

And you're wrong about the throne room stuff. I just rewatched it. After Vader prevents Luke from killing the Emperor. Luke begins to fight Vader until he kicks him down the stairs, and the Emperor praises him for it. As soon as the Emperor praises him "Good. Use your aggressive feeling boy". At that point, Luke backs down and calms himself.

Luke's mind was already clouded by the Dark Side, by fear. The very fact that he went into Ben's room in the middle of the night shows that he's not himself. He's being controlled by the Dark Side. And for all, we know Snoke is manipulating him. If he was in his right mind things might have gone differently. The Force is somewhat like the Captian America super serum. It takes the good in a person and makes it better. But it can take the bad and make it worse. Would Anakin Skywalker ever have killed kids? No! But add the Dark Side, and Anakin now Darth Vader would.

So would have Luke Skywalker Jedi Master even let the idea of killing his nephew even cross his mind? No. But add the Dark Side, and that slightest bit of anger, the idea to kill your nephew, that teeny speck of an idea deep in the back of your brain, is suddenly brought forward.

Don't be ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back