EFX Vader?

Skywalker777

For those of you that have this helmet do you like it? Looking at picking one up and just thought I would get some thoughts.

Does the dome come of the face mask for the reveal kinda look?

Kinda like the 40th edition one.

Thanks for any help.

For those of you that have this helmet do you like it? Looking at picking one up and just thought I would get some thoughts.

Does the dome come of the face mask for the reveal kinda look?

Kinda like the 40th edition one.

Thanks for any help.

Which one? The Legend, Limited Edition or PCR? PCR is plastic and open edition, but quite cool for the price . Legend and LE are in another league, and well worth to get, if finding them at a good price.

The 40th anniversary is just a chrome plated PCR I believe. In that case, yes, the dome comes off, but it's hardly a "reveal" look. There is no detailing or anything under the dome.

Were these all made off that mold of the original they had access to?

They come from the Rick Baker mold. Baker was a SFX guy on the original film and he was given the original helmet to mold in order to produce some for promotional touring. That mold resides in the Archives today and that what was used to produce the ANH helmets from EFX.

They made 2 fiberglass versions with the paint job only being the difference. The legend had the brushed on gunmetal and the Limited had the gunmetal sprayed on for a cleaner look. then comes the PCR(Precision cast Replica) that was made in plastic. The tubes and the right and half sections of the dome were separate pieces to accommodate the process for molded injection plastic. The under cuts on those parts are to steep for molded one piece plastic.

the 40th version is just the PCR plated in chrome and I find it looking quite useless of a piece. They are limited to 500 I think and they are still easy to find!

Yes, the PCR is GREAT for the price. Has the look, much cheaper, much easier to get, and easy to wear. And I am lucky enough to own what is referred to here and there as the DJ helmet (on Prop Den). The PCR is wonderful.

image3[6202].jpegimage1[6201].jpeg

Really great helmet for the price. I dirtied mine up a bit. Makes a great display piece, and is comfortable if put on.

Look fantastic thanks for the pictures! I am just trying to decide on what version. I know the 40th isn't Movie accurate but seems like its would be a cool conversation piece on display hah.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back