Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

don't know which Tomensuke thread to post my problems. But need to move, its no problem
But hope you guys can help
So, finally I was able to get one for a decent deal, $783 shipped from Ebay and the blaster has to have some problems.
Not sure which 2049 version I have but seems the early ones cause of the box.
and there is no white printed "on and off".

Ok, here are the problems
missing two screws, M3-L6 for the left side plastic magazine section & "17" Minus screw, can I buy these?
the magazine is not a tight fit or loose fit but seems a bit shaky.
The handle grip is a bit loose, can it be tighten.
Cylinder is a bit loose. But are these looseness a common issue with built blasters?
ok here is the big problem
the Cylinder with bullets will not come out, the cylinder jams and most of the time does not rotate and the back trigger does not spring forward and stays stuck and must be moved forward manually.
Can these problems be fixed?
the front bottom tip plastic section has a dent. Does Tomen sell replacement parts?
Other than those issues, blaster has some minor scratches, dings, the tip of barrel has a tiny ding, the bottom butt has a noticeable scratch, and top bolt section has a small dent from moving the bolt hard forward to close.
These issues were not mentioned in the discerption and for the price I was expecting no problems. I contacted seller to see what they can do.

But don’t know why this happens to me. The majority of the time when get a piece I been after for a while or get a piece for a great price, there always has to be some problems. It’s like an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Been want a Blade Runner blaster for years, I finally get one for a great price and of course, it has to have issues.

But even with the problems, blaster is very damn awesome.

7sNGUi9U_o.jpg

vxbHM1qq_o.jpg

XVDNJQui_o.jpg

PuSUJed9_o.jpg

3jSXMoQB_o.jpg

Su1JAq6r_o.jpg

KnVFZKto_o.jpg

9vd6N6FE_o.jpg

z0GkrVR1_o.jpg

Attachments

• vxbHM1qq_o.jpg
    vxbHM1qq_o.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 170
HI mate,
Who was the seller and did you checkout the reviews beforehand? I only ask because I too purchased from an Ebay seller after searching high and low for a 2049 that hadn't sold out.
I looked at the sellers other items and reviews and contacted them to ask which version (late 2017) before I felt happy enough to proceed.
From what you have described it seems to me that this is not a NEW item and has been disassembled at some point, you should raise an issue with Ebay. We don't pay the money we do only to be mugged off by the seller.
There are people out there who are only too willing to exploit the collectables market with no appreciation for the collectables or us collectors at all.

BUGGER!!! I said I wasn't gonna do it I said I wasn't gonna do it I said I wasn't gonna do it until I just decided to do it.
I'm going to blu the receiver, sleeve and bolt lever on my new Tomenosuke, something I said I wasn't going to do but the more I look at it it just does not look right. So looking at using Abbey Blu Gel and would like some advice on the white vinegar technique I've heard about.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

Do it!

Ive only used the white vinager vapor method before and have had various results. Sometimes it will matte the piece I’m working on, other times it will really weather the item; adding some rusting and sometimes a little pitting. All depends on the metal.

I suppose try it out with whatever you want to use and just keep a good eye on it. Maybe checking every half hour/hour.

No, it’s more of a vapor bath.

First I got a jar with air-tight top and lined the walls and bottom with paper towels soaked in white vinager. Maybe not soaked but damp.

Then I put the item on top of a cap to elevate it so it would not sit on the wet paper towel inside the jar. Then seal it up with the item inside.

Theres also videos online you can look into. I’m definitely a more visual learner and those videos helped me out.

Nice one, just scouring youtube at the mo' can only find vids for caustic soda which I really don't want to mess with to be honest.
So looks like I'm on the hunt for large jar.
I could punch punch holes in the lid through which I could feed some wire to hang the parts then reseal the holes and voila!
You've my creative juices flowing now dude.
Cheers.

If you soak the receiver in vinegar for a couple of hours the black ‘powder-coating’ will come off nicely. A toothbrush then scrubs the residue out of the corners. In doing this I also found that smoker’s toothpaste also makes very good polish for the alloy enderneath...

77A7F6C1-7B0E-4712-838F-25E69828B147.jpeg

Ok so here I go. Only the necessary parts disassembled and soaked in white vinegar, I did consider using your method Mechanized2400 but wanted a cleaner finish on which to apply the bluing gel as in the pic posted by userd1402.

20180209_110428.jpg20180209_110443.jpg
I won't be dipping the butt plate, that I will be polishing the chrome finish back to the aluminium.

20180209_110443.jpg

20180209_110518.jpg

20180209_110428.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So just got back from walking Quinn (the dog) and the box I ordered a few weeks ago has so will start on this as a side project while i'm waiting for the de-anodising process to take it's course.
The box is purposely oversized as I want to add a few partitions. I've added a Steyr stencil I custom ordered and plaque influenced by the presentation box created by Rex Wiederanders.
Got to go and get some wire wool as my plan is to tea stain the interior. Be a good idea to get some tea I suppose.

Attachments

• 20180209_132321.jpg
    20180209_132321.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 166
  • 20180209_132327.jpg
    20180209_132327.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 176
  • 20180209_132424.jpg
    20180209_132424.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 165
  • 20180209_132509.jpg
    20180209_132509.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 176
De-anodizing done,now to polish the aluminium using another tip from userd1402.
So time to breakout the smokers toothpaste.

20180209_180225.jpg20180209_180233.jpg

20180209_180225.jpg

20180209_180233.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these the correct steps for re-bluing?

-disassemble blaster(or parts needed)
-remove ‘powder coating’ with white vinager and brush
-polish parts
-blu with product

just wanting to make sure I understand for when I tackle this.

This is the edition immediately prior to the latest issue with new artwork on the box, it was anodised black but I don't know if the latest version is just a matter of new or updated finish. I've seen a 2049 version out of the box with gunmetal blued finish, I think it may have been the 2049 WorldCon version.

I came across a number of posts on here and propsummit from guys who using this method (not all of them) recreate their interpretation of the hero blaster. It's where I first came across the vinegar method but never saw a step by step.
The bluing product is applied stage by stage until the required depth is achieved.
I'm a novice at this myself so am going by the homework I did before started so stay tuned to see if I nail it (or not). :cry:thumbsup

Not the first such thread to ebb and flow and doubt it'll be the last but didn't intend it just replied to members pots and comments mate that's all.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back