Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas

where they confirmed as the correct glasses? And have K’s apartment glasses been ID’ed yet? I know a Glass was suspected a few months ago but ended up not being the one.

If by confirmed you mean someone from the production verified that they're the same, then no. However, they're such a unique shape that there hasn't been another glass located that even comes close (I'd wager that this design, a double old fashioned with an oval base but a perfectly round opening is proprietary by Bormioli). Just looking at the glass in the scene, they're identical to the eye. Secondly, there are apparently some Bormioli Veronese glasses that were branded by Johnnie Walker with logo etchings and were at one point sold in a set with JW whisky. There's no indication that the Veronese glasses in the scene are the JW branded ones (maybe someone with the 4k disc could zoom and confirm this?). A user from propsummit posted about it here, if you haven't seen it. Considering JW's branding relationship with BR, it wouldn't surprise me if their use was part of this, though that's just speculation. Whatever the case, I'm convinced.

I don't know anything about the glasses in K's apartment, as they aren't particularly striking or unique like the Veronese or the Cibi are, though people in the same propsummit thread were trying to figure it out.

I don’t know if this has been posted before but for anyone working on a 2049 blaster, I used this Rust-Oleum lacquer for the grips and really like the results:

F310DE5B-1B57-4021-9F99-BD1E0AAB4113.jpeg

Look forward to seeing them. All you have to do is push the add image icon just above your text area, it will prompt you as to where you want to upload the pictures from, choose the pictures you want, then it will simply upload to your post.

Look forward to seeing them. All you have to do is push the add image icon just above your text area, it will prompt you as to where you want to upload the pictures from, choose the pictures you want, then it will simply upload to your post.
Thankyou. Now edited. Unfortunately they aren't in the order I uploaded them but I'm sure you get the idea

Thanks for the encouragement. The blaster is from PrintingPlatform. I have loads of reference pictures of the holster to work from. I've sort of made it up as I went along. Started with the end plate. I have some black hard foam boards that cut really well. After the end was cut out I used paper to draw up the side panels and then used kydex to form the shape. When I was happy I glued them in place. The trigger cover was done in the same way adding details and holes. I added fasteners and made a small strap out of fake leather. I have a spring drain unblocker which I bought specifically to use as the retaining Spring. That will be cut to size and screwed in place. Then I'll paint the brass fasteners black to match the rest.
Fortunately I throw nothing away and I should have enough material to make the straps and belt attachments. I'll post an update when I get round to it.

I’ve never worked with the Kydex but have heard it before. Very cool to see that’s whaf you ended up using. Adds that realism to it.

excellent work you’ve done Replicant2. You’re making me want to make one now, hahah.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back