The X-Files to return to TV! - I WANT TO BELIEVE

I prefer the stand alone episodes like the Weremonster and hate it when Carter tries to do mythology story arcs.

That's because Carter is one of those "make it up as you go" guys. He is a terrible long-form storyteller, and he has no idea where his story is headed. Classic "mystery box" bulls***.

I guess anything is possible. The Lone Gunmen may be back:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYKlWAFlwmg/

As what?! Poltergeists?!! Poltergeists who look 20 years older?!?!?

At least we know they'll be one good episode in the bunch.

The standalone episodes were always fun. The mythology was fun back when I thought there was actually an explanation and connections behind all of the stuff. Eventually, I came to realize that there weren't, and Carter just had some neat ideas he wanted to play with. He's great at creating atmosphere and concepts, but he's crap at actual storytelling, because doing that requires that you have an ending in mind and that you know how to get there. Carter never got that.

:lol It's already starting :lol

Does not exactly bode well for the new season

They will have to throw a helluva lot of money at her to sign on again, and from the quality of the episodes that came out last year I dont blame her

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back