Show your custom Lightsabers!

Anubis-- I seriously just got lucky with an eBay alert is all.

Scott-- stunning as usual. And I won't lie-- I'm glad it didn't end up on the mantle. :) What did you craft that emitter from? I'm a little jealous, The X I got for myself was beat to crap and this one looks pristine.. AND IT HAS A BOTTOM!

Last edited:
It's mentioned earlier in this thread, but they're pieces of u-shaped stainless steel that came out of an old Ingersoll Rand valve kit. They were given to me around 15 years ago. I used to have a bunch of them, but after 13 or 14 custom saber projects last year, my supply is almost gone.

Aha, thanks for the info.
I must admit, i stepped into this thread a little late so i did not read all the text :$ (realize now i should have).

It's mentioned earlier in this thread, but they're pieces of u-shaped stainless steel that came out of an old Ingersoll Rand valve kit. They were given to me around 15 years ago. I used to have a bunch of them, but after 13 or 14 custom saber projects last year, my supply is almost gone.

I think this is the set you are refering to ingersoll-Rand Spring set 30393557 these are part of a compressor outlet valve.
I found that they are still sold but are not cheap, maybe have to find a company that repairs those machines....

Again thanks for the tip.

I think this is the set you are refering to ingersoll-Rand Spring set 30393557 these are part of a compressor outlet valve.
I found that they are still sold but are not cheap, maybe have to find a company that repairs those machines....

Again thanks for the tip.

You'll need to ask the seller what width they are.The ones I'm using are just a hair under 1/2" wide. They come in various lengths, too, so you may have to purchase more than one valve kit to make enough grips for one saber project.

Spend the money and buy some good drill bits to make holes in these. It'll make your life easier.

Anubis-- I seriously just got lucky with an eBay alert is all.

Scott-- stunning as usual. And I won't lie-- I'm glad it didn't end up on the mantle. :) What did you craft that emitter from? I'm a little jealous, The X I got for myself was beat to crap and this one looks pristine.. AND IT HAS A BOTTOM!

It really is near pristine and the emitter greeblie came with it. It's a mini flash bulb adapter. It locks in place and there's an eject button on the flash tube to remove it.

Don't get me wrong, I like my model Y CanonSaber, but these model X's are really nice. They have a beautiful Graflex style finish and all kinds of little buttons/gizmos on them. If I had known about these 15 years ago, I'd probably have a dozen Canonsabers sitting alongside my dozen Peaksabers™

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a hardware saber I just finished.

IMG_20160404_213945984_zpswnc8aooe.jpgIMG_20160404_214106655_zpsy7xzqvxt.jpg

You'll need to ask the seller what width they are.The ones I'm using are just a hair under 1/2" wide. They come in various lengths, too, so you may have to purchase more than one valve kit to make enough grips for one saber project.

Spend the money and buy some good drill bits to make holes in these. It'll make your life easier.

I indeed noticed the difference in length in one set.
And thanks for the width tip.
And yes my drillbits could use some updating :)

Thanks

Check eBay. I got some pretty cheap.

Ebay indeed is a good source but if you are from the Netherlands the shipping costs can be pretty high $15 for the set $45 for shipping...
Ingersol is a known brand here so it should not be a problem buying it localy.

<---Looking forward to seeing these projects.

Between the common cold, the flu and the pollen, I haven't had much inspiration to work on anything in the past month or so.

Something arrived in the mail today that might help change that. Seth helped me find this one and I really do appreciate it. :thumbsup

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums...eplica Progress Pics/DSC04538_zps1grl0hyt.jpg

Very nice! I think I was eyeing that same auction, but I had just picked up my Busch and I figured, one project at at time.... but I'm glad it went to someone who'll put it to good use!

Well, I've been grabbing stuff off ebay for a couple months now and I think I've got enough to put a few customs together. So, all you masters, suggestions on where I should start?

Attach0_zpsljjlnwzw.jpg

So YOU'RE the one that got that monster on the far right. I debated hard on that thing. :)

Are those Argus flashes on the left? I also haven't pulled the trigger on those, but they look pretty cool.

I've been in this situation, my suggestion is just set everything out like you have it and start mixing parts around. Its like Legos-- just start putting stuff together to see what looks and feels the best. The two-cells can be a challenge, but I've started to have lots of fun figuring out how to expand them.

I personally also like to come up with stories sometimes to guide the look of things.

So YOU'RE the one that got that monster on the far right. I debated hard on that thing. :)

Are those Argus flashes on the left? I also haven't pulled the trigger on those, but they look pretty cool.

Yeah, thought the monster would look pretty cool as an old, grizzled, beat up weapon - from a more civilized age.

Yes, those are Argus'. Was thinking they would work well as bottom grips for some padawan sized sabers.

- - - Updated - - -

Had an unexpected day off work today. So I did what any normal person would do, and built my version of Darth Vader's lightsaber.

IMG_20160406_204010750_zpsqpzwj4wu.jpgIMG_20160406_204108785_zps3xhikeab.jpgIMG_20160406_204039173_zpsjmiq6hex.jpgPSX_20160406_210043_zpshwicgfe4.jpg

So I think I am pathologically unable to stop tinkering with my 1994. Last we left it, was here:

custom1A.jpg

Then I decided that was way too much so I stripped it down to something like how I originally had it:

Custom1C.jpg

But that didn't sit well with me, and I wanted to use the shroud on the "dark mother" saber.

So here's where it is now...

Custom1C_1.jpg

Much cleaner an smoother-- the "claw" part was actually an original feature on the 1994 version. You can see the glue traces on the Dark Mother. It never stayed put and I realized it was in the bottom of the flashgun box.

Custom1C_2.jpg

Custom1C_3.jpg

And a new one...

blunt1.jpg

No story for this one. I got a ROTJ Vader Stunt shroud designed by @cboath of Shapeways for fun, and I really liked it. I decided to combine it with another oddball piece I had-- a 2 cell DMB clamp I traded from @ScottD. @thd9791 hooked me up with the sweet blue edge card and it all came together on a King Sol body.

The short clamp and stubby shroud gave me the idea to do the grips in the middle. T-track seemed overwhelming so I went with metal bars instead.

blunt2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back