Multiple Game of Thrones spin offs

Hmmm...interesting. If any of these series take place in the same time period as ASOIAF\GoT, I truly hope they don't reuse any of the main characters. Except for Lyanna Mormont. I'd watch another 8 seasons of that character as long as the same actress played her.

It would be really cool if they showed earlier stuff, like from the Dunk and Egg period or even further back, showing how Aegon I originally conquered Westeros. Robert's Rebellion would also be cool, but I think its just too close in time to the current events.

The whole time while they were traveling together I kept thinking I'd love a show just about those two wandering around the country.

Six character reply.

CGYTWJd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really care about Robert's Rebellion. We're getting enough from Bran's flashbacks to flesh out what happened there.

I think better options include:

- Aegon the Conqueror's forging of the Seven Kingdoms. That alone could last several years.

- The original Dance of the Dragons.

- The Dunk & Egg series.

- Aegon V's reign, culminating in the tragedy at Summerhall.

- Aegon the Unworthy's reign, leading to the first Blackfyre Rebellion.

So the Jane Goldman prequel about the Long Night starring Naomi Watts has been cancelled.

They did film a pilot, but HBO decided to cancel it and instead go with the Targaryen prequel whose events lead up to the Dance With Dragons.

They have ordered a full 10 episode series even though filming has not even started and they have no pilot yet

House of the Dragon also takes place during a time in Westeros that has plenty of dramatic established history penned by Martin to serve as a backbone for a story, whereas the pilot only had some vague references to build on.

The events in the new series will eventually lead up to The Dance of the Dragons, a massive civil war in the Seven Kingdoms held between two rival branches of House Targaryen.
[\quote]

I was just reading about this and at least one of the shows have been announced, and there's a twist:

The show is being helmed by Ryan Condal. Many older members here may remember Ryan, as he was amongst a handful of the charter members of the original RPF that was started by Brandon Alinger and the boards that were precursors to it. He was just a kid back then (Brandon too), but he's went on to do a lot of other stuff apparently. I have no idea if he still posts or reads the forum anymore.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back