Customized Papo Velociraptor

red4

Sr Member
I cut the original tail off because it was too short and wimpy, and grafted a Kenner raptor's tail onto it. The main connection is with a copper rod and super glue, and the transition between the different scale patterns was filled and sculpted with Aves Fixit Sculpt. The legs were cut off at the hips and rotated forward just slightly to ensure the soles of the feet sit flat due to the new angle of the body's posture created by the longer and straighter tail. With the exception of the teeth and the inside of the mouth, the entire body was repainted with Model Master Acrylics.

The brown coloration was inspired by the brown gremlin from Gremlins 2. The white stripes and blue face were inspired by the Six-lined Racerunner lizard.

L4GdjWv.gif

KkvKq3Z.jpg

Ovgs8bt.jpg

PweOVk6.jpg

Sl7BdWe.jpg

PsEpwqv.jpg

RK2nkEM.jpg

DZ42wSW.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that looks great. The seam between the tail and body is invisible and I love what you have done with the lower jaw. :thumbsup :cool

Wow, that looks great. The seam between the tail and body is invisible and I love what you have done with the lower jaw. :thumbsup :cool

I didn't give articulation to the lower jaw. The hinge is part of the manufacturer's design.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back