Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I think Ray Stevenson would make a fantastic Batman.
I think he was perfect as Punisher... despite how over-the-top Jigsaw and LBJ were, how overly stupid Soap was and how they should have used the skull from the previous movie.
As Batman? Meh...

I love the suit in that video. I wish they would get away from the black rubber/armor and go for something more like that or maybe something like Insurrgency Batman from Injustice Gods Among Us, where it looks kind of like that heavy fabric with armored plates strapped over it.

That or the Arkham City suit would be the bomb!!

1367172339-batman-arkham-origins-2.jpg

I wouldn't say I'm holding out a whole lot of hope for Batffleck, and I still haven't seen Man of Steel, but I'm going to reserve judgement until I actually see something. While I haven't seen any of the films Affleck's garnered praise for in the last few years (Gone Baby Gone, The Town, Argo), I don't recall anyone ever saying that it was his acting in any of them that made them good. I don't think he was even in Gone Baby Gone, was he?

All I can say is that, in the Affleck movies I have seen, he hasn't shown any range whatsoever. It's the same character in every role with a different accent.

I wouldn't say I'm holding out a whole lot of hope for Batffleck, and I still haven't seen Man of Steel, but I'm going to reserve judgement until I actually see something. While I haven't seen any of the films Affleck's garnered praise for in the last few years (Gone Baby Gone, The Town, Argo), I don't recall anyone ever saying that it was his acting in any of them that made them good. I don't think he was even in Gone Baby Gone, was he?

All I can say is that, in the Affleck movies I have seen, he hasn't shown any range whatsoever. It's the same character in every role with a different accent.
:wacko

Wow. You haven't seen very many Affleck movies have ya?

:wacko

Wow. You haven't seen very many Affleck movies have ya?

Do you seek out movies starring actors you don't care for/are unimpressed by?

I've seen Dogma, Jersey Girl, Armaggedon, Good Will Hunting, Daredevil, Extract, and Gigli (purely out of morbid curiosity).

I'm only saying I've never seen him disappear behind his character. It's just "Ben Affleck as a superhero", "Ben Affleck as an astronaut", "Ben Affleck as a dad", so on and so forth.

Do you seek out movies starring actors you don't care for/are unimpressed by?

I've seen Dogma, Jersey Girl, Armaggedon, Good Will Hunting, Daredevil, Extract, and Gigli (purely out of morbid curiosity).

I'm only saying I've never seen him disappear behind his character. It's just "Ben Affleck as a superhero", "Ben Affleck as an astronaut", "Ben Affleck as a dad", so on and so forth.
...and I think that's the problem a lot of people have with Affleck; They don't see past the actor - and I don't think that's Affleck's fault, he's a fine actor - it's certain folks' fault because of their prejudices or allowing his personal life to interfere with the actor. He certainly disappears into a role - just some folks refuse to see it because he's "Ben Affleck."

It's too bad that some folks allow his personal life or personality to interfere with their enjoyment of a movie.

It takes a lot to get me to not see a movie. I still gave Star Trek Into Darkness a shot, I gave all the Bourne movies a shot, I even gave Battlefield Earth a shot. But I've officially declared that I will not be seeing this movie. The direction of "Man of Steel", bringing in Batman into the sequel, expanding his role to the point that he has a love interest, Warner Bros. showing no signs of giving Wonder Woman, or any female DC character having her shot, I was still going to give this superman/batman movie a shot. Than this happened.

Williams, Blackman Leave "Batwoman," Cite Editorial Interference - Comic Book Resources

Wonder Woman, if you will.

breakzack_zps7193466b.jpg

I'm done with DC, both in comics and movies. But to those who will persist, hope this turns out alright for ya.

It takes a lot to get me to not see a movie. I still gave Star Trek Into Darkness a shot, I gave all the Bourne movies a shot, I even gave Battlefield Earth a shot. But I've officially declared that I will not be seeing this movie. The direction of "Man of Steel", bringing in Batman into the sequel, expanding his role to the point that he has a love interest, Warner Bros. showing no signs of giving Wonder Woman, or any female DC character having her shot, I was still going to give this superman/batman movie a shot. Than this happened.

Williams, Blackman Leave "Batwoman," Cite Editorial Interference - Comic Book Resources

Wonder Woman, if you will.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x436/lordJeyl/breakzack_zps7193466b.jpg

I'm done with DC, both in comics and movies. But to those who will persist, hope this turns out alright for ya.
I've never been excited about someone not seeing a movie before.

(...and I didn't lik MoS one bit.)

Don't get taken back by the love interest rumor just yet. That casting might end up not being a love interest after all, but could be even for a prominent role like WW to be introduced as a cameo before launching her in JLA.

That Batwoman editorial interference is unfortunate though, especially considering the various plots and character arcs were already planned months ahead, but got canceled in the last minute.

I've never been excited about someone not seeing a movie before.

(...and I didn't lik MoS one bit.)

I liked mos, I'm not saying it was perfect but it was a good movie. I think people should give batman vs superman a chance to prove itself, at least wait for the first trailer comes out before you start hating on it. I think people hate on mos waaaay to much.

I liked mos, I'm not saying it was perfect but it was a good movie. I think people should give batman vs superman a chance to prove itself, at least wait for the first trailer comes out before you start hating on it. I think people hate on mos waaaay to much.

I think Batman and Superman have proven themselves enough.

Have you read my posts? With the Affleck casting, I am somewhat optimistic for SvB. I have hope.

But, that doesn't excuse MoS for being a terrible, terrible movie.

Have you read my posts? With the Affleck casting, I am somewhat optimistic for SvB. I have hope.

But, that doesn't excuse MoS for being a terrible, terrible movie.

:lol :lol Your a funny guy. I wasn't arguing with you on SvB I was agreeing with you man. Have you read my posts?

I was talking to you about mos, When I was talking about BvS I wasn't really talking to you I agreed with you but I was just putting my view on what other people think out there, soooooo yeah.

Josh Brolin Confirms He Was in Talks to Play Batman in MAN OF STEEL Follow-Up | Collider

"We did. I didn’t have conversations about it, but Zack [Snyder], that was part of his idea. It just didn’t turn out. It’s OK. It is OK. You know, another scenario might have worked better, but I’m happy for Ben."

Regarding fan outrage:

"I’ve never seen such a global reaction in my life. I feel for him, truly. I would not want to be him right now. The reaction becomes so personal. It’s like, ‘**** this guy, I wish he was dead.’ And you’re like, ‘What? Dude, seriously? This guy is just working like you are. He’s doing the same thing you are. He’s trying to make the best choices he can.' "

Josh Brolin Confirms He Was in Talks to Play Batman in MAN OF STEEL Follow-Up | Collider

"We did. I didn’t have conversations about it, but Zack [Snyder], that was part of his idea. It just didn’t turn out. It’s OK. It is OK. You know, another scenario might have worked better, but I’m happy for Ben."

Regarding fan outrage:

"I’ve never seen such a global reaction in my life. I feel for him, truly. I would not want to be him right now. The reaction becomes so personal. It’s like, ‘**** this guy, I wish he was dead.’ And you’re like, ‘What? Dude, seriously? This guy is just working like you are. He’s doing the same thing you are. He’s trying to make the best choices he can.' "

As i've stated before, I don't doubt Affleck's acting ability. With the right makeup job, he could pull off batman. I doubt the writing and directing...

I'm a long time DC fan and yet I've noticed I've been reading much more superior spiderman, Guardian's of the Galaxy, Nova... than I have DC comics, in fact DC seems to be hemorrhaging talented writers lately. The fact that WB can't seem to find a director to make a movie about a character as iconic as superman or Wonder Woman worries me...

Vivek, I want that avatar on a t-shirt.... can I vectorize and use it?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back