Arrested Development

Re: Arrested Development - Season 4

I'm a huge fan of this show but I have to be honest, I'm not liking the new season at all. It doesn't feel right. I don't like the huge gap or the episode structure, it all feels jumbled and a mess, not a fan and it's really sad to say that because I was so looking forward to it.

I just finished it. It was a bit confusing because I watched it all so quickly, but it all comes together in the end. Except for the note on the paper bag, I might have missed how that happened. After that ending though, they'd better make the movie.

I'm used to episodes jumping to different characters instead of focusing on just one. Maybe they could have edited these episodes in the style of the previous seasons and released it as the AD movie on Netflix.

Yes, Ron Howard is back more than ever.

I am a huge fan of the series, watching it from the very beginning. I watched the first two episodes the night the show went live and I went to bed disappointed, maybe even depressed. No, this can't be! The next day I started season four over from the beginning and found I liked the first two episodes much more the second time around, and then viewing episodes 3-15 for the first time I thought they just got better as they went along.

This season doesn't really hit its stride until mid way through, and I realize that is a long time to wait for a show to get good, but it is worth the wait, and when you review the earlier episodes you will find many more things about them to enjoy.

Bring on the movie or another season, please.

I think the thing that's throwing everyone off is just the way they set it up with bits and pieces that come together as the season goes on whereas in previous seasons it was a more linear story.

I finished watching this season and I enjoyed it. It's been a while since I watched the first 3 seasons but I'd say the humour is still there. I found myself laughing out loud quite a few times. I loved all the nods to things from the past seasons like the cooker that they burned themselves on, michaels mentally handicapped girlfriend and his banana stand tshirt. Also Kristen Wiig was the PERFECT Lucille. She nailed everything that Jessica Walter did. I wasn't really a fan of Seth Rogen as George Sr.

Only thing that I hated was how it ended. So many questions about things that I won't mention due to spoilers.

Arrested Development Season 4 Chronological Cut to Debut May 4

From their Twitter page:

On the next... Arrested Development

DcIFx5kXcAA-6Is.jpg

DcIFzPxW0AAfF0M.jpg

Thanks, @Vivek, for that update!

I must say, his message above was annoying AF to read. Trying way too hard to be funny, and he wasn't, at all. It's almost hard to believe he's the show's creator, because I love the show. Well, seasons 1-3, that is. Season 4 was terrible, until the last few episodes, when they did finally manage to capture some of their old mojo--which was certainly helped by putting more of the characters onscreen together.

So, I don't know if I'll watch the remix. But I am cautiously stoked for Season Five!

The Wook

Haven't watched Season 5 yet. Will start this week. Bummed, however, that there's only 8 episodes. Wtf?

But I did watch all 22 episodes of the Season 4 Remix: Fateful Consequences, over the last few weeks, and WOW...it is SO much better than the original Season 4. However, at 22 episodes in length, they stretched the season out way too long. There was too much narration by Ron Howard, episode previews and recaps were far too long, and lots of repeated footage, which got annoying at times. But, still, what a vast improvement over the abysmal Season 4 we got originally. I had a blast watching it!

Favorite part of the Remix? Buster helping his mother smoke indoors. LMAO Man, that had me in stitches!

The Wook

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back