Dragoncon 2016

Hey everyone,

Been working the day job a lot lately.

Looks like there will be a Rebel Pilot Football group this year. That will be fun and I'll be bringing back Bobateer with a much better paint job to the jetpack and I'll add the ignition buttons to the gloves.

I only have one new cosplay idea for D'Con 2016, my first large build. Not gonna say what it is yet, I'll let the pictures tell the story once I have more done. But I can promise it won't disappoint. And it will take from now until Aug to finish most likely so just gonna focus on one new costume.

hope everyone's well.

Joshua

I've been busy as well, I will be updating a lot of things here soon, sorry for not posting more, I will be posting a lot of updates to all the different threads here shortly, I apologize for the inconvenience...I hope everyone's builds and projects are coming along nicely...

I've been busy as well, I will be updating a lot of things here soon, sorry for not posting more, I will be posting a lot of updates to all the different threads here shortly, I apologize for the inconvenience...I hope everyone's builds and projects are coming along nicely...
i need to find a good way to attach my armor once i get it built and get a decent PDO of the undersuit frame unfolded but right now the one thing that is actually holding me up is that i have the wrong spray adhesive. the one i have sprays in clumps rather than as an even layer but getting some later today. the spray adhesive i do have will work for when i do the larger builds like the chest plate and such but not for the predator biomask as it has way too many tiny little pieces for me to get reliable adhesion

Matrix.....DUUUUDE!!!!

I'm in the same boat. Been super busy with client work and life stuff (my mom's situation hasn't improved) so I've hardly done any costume work or prop work. January is looking good to really get back into it.

I'll do my best to be more active on this thread and post more updates.

Hope everyone is well!

Joshua

So, who's going to see Star Wars on Thursday December 17th? Where are you seeing it, Imax or 3-d or normal? Are you dressing up? If so what as?
tumblr_m0k01g9orZ1qi7zkco1_500.gif

Sorry I have not been too active and updating my builds, My mother lost her battle with Lung Cancer 2 weeks ago and have had little time to do anything. I did however secure a room for D*Con 2016 however it was not a host hotel as I wanted. My options were limited and I will be heading out for some unscheduled training for 6 months so I wont have much time to discuss and make plans..so I grabbed the first thing available. Hope to see you all There.;)

Dragon Con might just be Star Was con for me. ESB Han Solo and Wedge Antilles are the new costumes planned. And while it was terribly hot while wearing Arrow, will definitely bring it again.

Now the question is, how to bring an FX lightsaber on a plane? None of my checked bags can fit a 3' long blade.

Dragon Con might just be Star Was con for me. ESB Han Solo and Wedge Antilles are the new costumes planned. And while it was terribly hot while wearing Arrow, will definitely bring it again.

Now the question is, how to bring an FX lightsaber on a plane? None of my checked bags can fit a 3' long blade.

That's what she said...Now with that out of the way...You could always ask Helpfulnerd if you could send it to him and him bring it to you, I mean I know I'm throwing helpfulnerds name out there, but seeing we'd be meeting up on Thursday that's why I bring it up. Yeah I am thinking theres going to be a lot of Star Wars costumes, I'm going to have a lot of my own most likely 3-5 depending on what I finish. Also my dad is going to be attending his first year of Dragoncon and will be cosplaying for the first time as Han Solo from episode 7.

Last edited:
Good thinking MatrixSpoon. I need to see if any of my Atlanta friends are attending. I think one is going to Burning Man instead. Need to confirm.

Last edited by a moderator:
One alternative is the FedEx location in the Hilton. You can arrange to have a package shipped there and held for pick up. We make use of this pretty frequently -- 2014 with Sif, and 2015 with my Jedi stuff (that I then didn't even wear -- oops). I rather imagine this year will be the same...

One alternative is the FedEx location in the Hilton. You can arrange to have a package shipped there and held for pick up. We make use of this pretty frequently -- 2014 with Sif, and 2015 with my Jedi stuff (that I then didn't even wear -- oops). I rather imagine this year will be the same...

This past year (2015) One of the Guys I grouped with shipped his entire Iron Man Costume this way. He had no issues and Picked it up on Thursday before the con and shipped it back Tuesday. He says it worked very well for him,

On an off related note does any of the RPF members participate in the Parade? I will be cosplaying this year and I was throwing around the idea of participating myself with at least one other. Was just curious if there were other members who did.

I participated a few years back as a handler for the N7 Elite group. Basically I made sure the group was hydrated by carrying almost two dozen water bottles, and trying to help those who's armor couldn't handle the long march down Atlanta.

Last year I simply watched it. Had a good time doing that, though. I would have died in my leather CW Arrow suit.

I participated a few years back as a handler for the N7 Elite group. Basically I made sure the group was hydrated by carrying almost two dozen water bottles, and trying to help those who's armor couldn't handle the long march down Atlanta.

Last year I simply watched it. Had a good time doing that, though. I would have died in my leather CW Arrow suit.

Yea, This is my First year cosplaying, second year at Con so I just though it sounded Neat.

This past year (2015) One of the Guys I grouped with shipped his entire Iron Man Costume this way. He had no issues and Picked it up on Thursday before the con and shipped it back Tuesday. He says it worked very well for him,

On an off related note does any of the RPF members participate in the Parade? I will be cosplaying this year and I was throwing around the idea of participating myself with at least one other. Was just curious if there were other members who did.

The parade is one of my must-dos for Dragon Con. I've done it every year I've gone. Must hydrate, but I've done in a full latex mask as Plo Koon with the Rebel Legion and in the new BSG Flightsuit (is like wearing a rubber suit with a vest) so as long as you're drinking water and not too hungover, it's a blast. Hardest part every year is deciding which group to march with. I'm still partial to the Colonial Fleet as that was the group I did my fir DCon parade with.

Well the cosplay I plan to rool with doesn't really fit into anything I have seen in the parade. But judging from what I have seen Im sure i could ask almost anyone and they would let me roll with them.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back