XRobots - Iron Man Hulkbuster (inspired) suit.

Do you plan to have sensors on the knee locks, so when the suit is fully enclosed you'll get a visual indication as to the status of those pins? If so, could you replace the cabled system with linear actuators, or would that add too much weight?

Your work never ceases to amaze me. Just wow, as usual. You find something awesome, make it better, and then take that to the next level. Again, simply incredible work. I just found this thread today, and cannot wait to see where it goes next.

Do you plan to have sensors on the knee locks, so when the suit is fully enclosed you'll get a visual indication as to the status of those pins? If so, could you replace the cabled system with linear actuators, or would that add too much weight?

I'm considering that, I really just need to fit proper end stops to the knee joints so I know exactly where the pin locates, and also make it sprung so it pops in rather than having to pull the cords (and latches out).

I'd really like the keep the locks manual so I can get out if power fails (especially if that's because the batteries are on fire).

Part 14 of Hulkbuster is up - building and fitting the shoulder bells and a quick motion test!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am ashamed to say Ive been checking every day. Wasn't certain you were going to continue the solid seemingly unstoppable progress as I can see you handle multiple projects simultaneously. Watching this asap!

I'm taking this to http://www.nerdageddon.co.uk/events-5/ this weekend so I've been working on it every week so far. Next week I'm back to 3D Printed Alien, new video every Tuesday and Friday!

Here's the next part - building the Gullwing door assembly for the rear!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just discovered this and all I can say is absolutely amazing. So many aspects to it that are pulling together.

Really looking forward to seeing more added in to it all.

I feel I am slightly coming to embody the stalker quotient. But just caught the latest vid on the chest section mate. Absolutely outstanding work. Really enjoying these instalments.

This is beyond awesome. I would love to see people's faces when you show up to the Avengers Premiere with this suit. In for more progress videos!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back