Logan (Post-release)

Actually, a while back I tried to watch her vid but I think I became turned off by her approach on it. To me, the movie delivered the tone it promised in the trailer, and felt she came at it, not with with an agenda, but a perspective that was sure to be disappointed. To be honest, I'd have to revisit her vid to recrystalize those weeks gone reactions. Right now distracted by Last Jedi stuff & sleepiness. ;-)

I tried watching the video that showed up earlier in the thread. She's really nice to look at (seriously, I was utterly fascinated by her lips and her hair), and i get what she says when she says these are "not my X-men" because I frequently feel the same way. However, I have to agree that if she looked at the trailers and the marketing and somehow thought this movie would be anything BUT bleak and dark, that's on her.

Heard rumors of some deleted scenes, one is where one of the Transigen boys (Bobby I believe) is playing with his Wolverine figure and also a Sabretooth figure. He asks Logan if Sanretooth was real and Logan replies they were in a program similar to the Transigen one alongside Sabretooth doing bad things together. It seems Logan had many more memories than the original Logan, or somehow regained what happened before losing his memory

Wow! Just watched this--amazing film. This is, without a doubt, the best Wolverine story told so far. I can honestly say I've never teared up in a super hero movie (not even for "We are Groot"), but I was pretty misty eyed in this one.

I was going to watch A Dog's Purpose next, but I think I've had the ol' heart strings tugged enough for today.:cry

Just saw it, and I loved it, right up until the end...big downer ending.

Worst part about that, was how depressed it made me about my generations failings.

I can't help but wonder...how bad did we **** your generation up, that you seem to think happy endings are a bad thing? Like...********, I knew we screwed you a lot because you're kind of insane (see what's happening on college campuses now), but I didn't realize that it was to the point that you actually like movies better if it ends with everyone in pain.

Just saw it, and I loved it, right up until the end...big downer ending.

Worst part about that, was how depressed it made me about my generations failings.

I can't help but wonder...how bad did we **** your generation up, that you seem to think happy endings are a bad thing? Like...********, I knew we screwed you a lot because you're kind of insane (see what's happening on college campuses now), but I didn't realize that it was to the point that you actually like movies better if it ends with everyone in pain.

hmmmm gotta disagree... it was a sad ending, but I wouldn't say a downer ending.

Logan was miserable in life and died knowing "family" and that the kids were safe, for now. It was sad, but the perfect ending. Logan's healing power was failing and the admantium, or another poison, or both, were killing him. Dying is what he wanted.

i loved it, btw... so may just be defending it like it's my favourite child.

hmmmm gotta disagree... it was a sad ending, but I wouldn't say a downer ending.

Logan was miserable in life and died knowing "family" and that the kids were safe, for now. It was sad, but the perfect ending. Logan's healing power was failing and the admantium, or another poison, or both, were killing him. Dying is what he wanted.

i loved it, btw... so may just be defending it like it's my favourite child.

It was a good movie, but the "he was sad in life" thing is also a bit "In this movie". Yes he's always been a bit emo, but in movies that are less beloved, he had some hope, and at least a few laughs, and people he cared about, and some fun.

My comment is less about this movie, which I actually liked overall, and more about the trend in general. Look at your own movie, which was rated lower than it should be IMO. Right now, and for the last 5-10 years or so, it feels like rotten tomatoes scores are worth at least another 5-10 points if the hero ends up without a happy ending. This is not a commentary on Logan, it's a commentary on a generation that thinks a movie is better if the hero is ****ed.

edit: to elaborate (or maybe put it another way): I get the feeling that most would consider it a lesser movie if, after ten years of loving this character, he actually got to go off and try raising the kid, which is pretty much what he's always wanted even if he didnt know it. Instead, we get the semi pretend, all is well, except that we know it's not, because she's doomed in this scenario to be just a ****ed in the head as he was. I think that says something sad about the audience.

Last edited:
Life dosnt always come with a happy ending.

True. Never meant to suggest otherwise. Merely speculating on why you think a story is better when it doesn't.

For the record, life doesn't come with endings. Stories end when we choose to stop telling them.

In any case, I'm sorry for the tangent. I actually did like the movie overall, was just an observation that's been building for a while.

Also the little girl was awesome. Consider being able to hold your own while sharing screen with Jackman and Stewart. Impressive.

Logan was miserable in life and died knowing "family" and that the kids were safe, for now. It was sad, but the perfect ending. Logan's healing power was failing and the admantium, or another poison, or both, were killing him. Dying is what he wanted...
This, to me, was more depressing than his actual death--seeing Logan who was once a nearly invincible warrior still having the heart to go into battle, but taking a number of beatings because his body was no longer up to the task.

...Also the little girl was awesome. Consider being able to hold your own while sharing screen with Jackman and Stewart. Impressive.
Dafne Keen was brilliant in this movie. Her performance in every scene felt completely natural; I hope she doesn't lose that ability if she continues to be an actor as she grows older.

Really? Where did you get that?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The doc explains it all in the woods to Logan .
They put stuff in the food to try to control the mutants population growth but it killed them off right out . Wolvie's adamantiam is now hurting him BECAUSE his immune system is comprised .and the new batch of test mutants , the kids are apparently immune . guess Prof X and Caliban ate organic !?!

The doc explains it all in the woods to Logan .
They put stuff in the food to try to control the mutants population growth but it killed them off right out . Wolvie's adamantiam is now hurting him BECAUSE his immune system is comprised .and the new batch of test mutants , the kids are apparently immune . guess Prof X and Caliban ate organic !?!
Dude. I totally missed that. I did have to go to the bathroom though, so maybe I missed it then. Did they really say that? Cause in the comics they say his healing factor is reduced because its constantly at odds with the adamantium, always having to heal him etc. Is this movie out on Blu Ray yet? I should buy it.

Dude. I totally missed that. I did have to go to the bathroom though,
so maybe I missed it then. Did they really say that? Cause in the comics they say his healing factor is reduced because its constantly at odds with the adamantium, always having to heal him etc. Is this movie out on Blu Ray yet? I should buy it.

The evil doc explains the GMOs in the food part, the adamantiam part is is in another scene he sees a doc at a clinic who says there's something inside killing him . Logan says he already knows what it is looking at his fist .
Plus the reason Logan could have adamantiam at all was his healing factor so I guess when that goes it starts infecting his bloodstream and organs like it would you or I .

- - - Updated - - -

The evil doc explains the GMOs in the food part, the
adamantiam part is is in another scene he sees a doc at a clinic who says there's something inside killing him . Logan says he already knows what it is looking at his fist .
Plus the reason Logan could have adamantiam at all was his healing factor so I guess when that goes it starts infecting his bloodstream and organs like it would you or I .

Yes its on blu ray woo woo !

annanake Cool thanks for that! Totally getting it on blu-ray. Anyone know if there are any cool making of featurettes or anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
i totally missed all that too... but.... how does x24 and x23 have healing props? different diets? also... was that Logan's real name on the DNA sheet from the lab? how'd the Spanish woman know that it was Logan's DNA and mapped it to Laura's?

i think the movie was great. there was honestly no other way to wrap it up and what better way for Jackman to finish it off. i i don't see depression being the chosen way to end movies of late, i think it's just coincidence that alot of our actors are known for their portrayal of roles and are getting up there in age. rather than just write someone new in.. it's the gracious way out. think it does the actor and the fans closure.

example... La La Land was a huge hit, that wasn't depressing.

Logan was great, Hope Dafne is given the chance to reprise her role, she nailed it. with Wonder Woman breaking records, Marvel can only benefit from a X23 movie (female lead) and her new mutant friends up in Canada.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back