Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

Reading these comments gave me an idea that might be fun,so see what you think.....

Between ANH and ESB:
Follow a group of Rebels who aren't part of the main rebellion and show them getting a distress call from that main part and going to help and then at the end joining it,you could have the old character to tie it in be Admiral Ackbar.

Between ESB and ROJ:
Show a unit of Stormtroopers and their planet's loyalty to the Empire,hell have them fighting at Endor and after the defeat retreating home and still pledging to stand with what's left of the Empire no matter what.

What would be interesting about this is showing the Rebellion as not really a cohesive group and showing some planets being loyal o the Empire will show how we got to TFA and how things aren't really stable at all,and you can set up for some film between ROJ and TFA.
Actually sound's fun to me.

In my view, the only reason the nostalgia train is running out of steam, is because no one does it right.

They either change it so much it no longer becomes nostalgia (due to agenda, corporate politics, or other reasons).

or they don't find the right mixture of new and call back, and it grows into a case of 'memba this'. Seeing leo get thrown through a plate glass window battered and bruised a fourth time in under ten years looses it's impact after a while ;o)

- - - Updated - - -

In my view, the only reason the nostalgia train is running out of steam, is because no one does it right.

They either change it so much it no longer becomes nostalgia (due to agenda, corporate politics, or other reasons).

or they don't find the right mixture of new and call back, and it grows into a case of 'memba this'. Seeing leo get thrown through a plate glass window battered and bruised a fourth time in under ten years looses it's impact after a while ;o)

For me, something like Turtles Forever was ALMOST the most perfect mixture of nostalgia callback ever done. if there wasn't disrespect to the 80s turtles (due to the fact that the creator didn't care for them), i'd dare say it WAS perfect. they got everything else, including the older villains, 100% right, an d there was enough fun mixture of old and new to make it feel fresh. add to it that the people writing it really got both sets of characters perfect and what made them tick.

When you get to 'turtles forever 2' in the new nick show, it doesn't have the same feel...if only because it doesn't feel like it had the same level of respect for the older property...

Whenever I think of stories having a unified universe, I always go back to the stargate tv franchise. They had like, 17 seasons and pulled it off. They knew how avoid getting backed into a corner and they knew when it was time to go back and revisit an earlier story thread. They knew when stories should overlap and the knew how to create stories that were both episodic AND serialized at the same time. And they knew the valuse of creating a bigger universe. Star trek couldn't even get this all right.
Yeah but how much scrutiny was there with that series? None. Its Stargate for crying out loud. :lol

I've thought for a long time that this would make a good stand alone film. But the next line of the crawl presents a problem: 'A group of freedom fighters led by Luke Skywalker has established a new base...'. This would require the big three OT heroes, and that ain't happenin' today without recasting.

Agreed.

And as much as I would LOVE to see Shadows of the Empire made as a live action movie, it will never happen.

I think TFA just felt more like star wars..even with it's own set of goofy problems and creative direction I didn't like or care for.
R1 just felt like a lazy boring call back of stuff we've all seen before, just set in new locations and characters with different names, same personalities.

I don't. I thought TFA was crap. It was J.J. Abrams poking the audience going "see! It's Star Wars!" Because it was essentially taking the original Star Wars and re-telling the same story over, with less interesting characters. Whereas R1, while it is far from perfect, told a story that fit in with the larger canon, but didn't feel the need to beat you over the head with any of it. We had a reason to be invested in the story told by R1. Who gives a crap about anything that happened in TFA?

I didn't really feel invested in EITHER story.

TFA - everyone was back where they where, and along with a retelling of episode 4 almost beat for beat, there was no sense of new discovery that made the ROTJ ending feel worth the fight.

With R1 - Internal movie politics making it about politics, AND another basic retelling of episode 4 leading up to the actual episode 4, with boring, bland characters you don't care about (maybe the robot being the ONLY interesting one).....it made the whole movie feel more pointless than TFA.

Yeah but how much scrutiny was there with that series? None. Its Stargate for crying out loud. [emoji38]
I was pretty skeptical beforehand. But honestly? Between Star wars, BSG, and startrek, Stargate is probably the most elaborate and thought out universe.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I was pretty skeptical beforehand. But honestly? Between Star wars, BSG, and startrek, Stargate is probably the most elaborate and thought out universe.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
No I totally agree with you. Im just saying, its like the deadpool of sci fi series. Nobody expected much, it had a low budget, so the studio said "do what you want" but the writers/creators understood and cared about the source material and bam. You had an awesome, immersive universe.

Does anyone have any screencaps of the A280 Rifle used by the Rebels which has been "cutdown/sawed off" into the smaller compact version? The visual guide only offered one small picture of it being held. :/

Does anyone have any screencaps of the A280 Rifle used by the Rebels which has been "cutdown/sawed off" into the smaller compact version? The visual guide only offered one small picture of it being held. :/
Isn't it the A300? From what I can tell the "cut down" ones just don't have a stock and have a collapsed barrel like Cassian's can

Reading these comments gave me an idea that might be fun,so see what you think.....

Between ESB and ROJ:
Show a unit of Stormtroopers and their planet's loyalty to the Empire,hell have them fighting at Endor and after the defeat retreating home and still pledging to stand with what's left of the Empire no matter what.

R1 introduced serious moral ambiguity to the majority bi-polar Star Wars universe with the bad overly fanatic rebels.

Could show good Imperials that had a positive influence on a planet, or an entire system, and all their collective work is then ruined by the Rebels and the fall the of the Empire.

R1 introduced serious moral ambiguity to the majority bi-polar Star Wars universe with the bad overly fanatic rebels.

Could show good Imperials that had a positive influence on a planet, or an entire system, and all their collective work is then ruined by the Rebels and the fall the of the Empire.

You don't know how much I want this. And the concept is perfect for everyone: Breaking brand new ground while remaining in the 'safe' era that everybody knows.

Between ANH and ESB:
Follow a group of Rebels who aren't part of the main rebellion and show them getting a distress call from that main part and going to help and then at the end joining it,you could have the old character to tie it in be Admiral Ackbar.

Between ESB and ROJ:

What would be interesting about this is showing the Rebellion as not really a cohesive group and showing some planets being loyal o the Empire will show how we got to TFA and how things aren't really stable at all,and you can set up for some film between ROJ and TFA.
Actually sound's fun to me.
Here's my fan-fic idea for a series:

It's about a "clean-up crew" of imperials on Hoth. Basically some troopers and officers are left behind to gather rebel intel. After they've been there a while, some scavengers take over to get all the leftovers. Our anti-heroes are captured. They manage to hail the empire, but find out they won't be rescued. They're expendable.

So they manage to escape and get off world on an old rebel transport. (This becomes their main vessel) They eventually land on some backwater planet where they become muscle for a local population who need help against pirates. This is all fine and good, but eventually in the series, the imperials show up and take over the community.

This is where the grey area comes into question because after trying to enter back into the ranks, they turn on the Imperials and stand with the villagers. From then on, they become mercenaries, wanted by the Empire.

Basically, I'm getting a bit tired of the Anti-hero thing. So I want a story where we see bad guys become heroes through a series of circumstances beyond their control

Here's my fan-fic idea for a series:

It's about a "clean-up crew" of imperials on Hoth. Basically some troopers and officers are left behind to gather rebel intel. After they've been there a while, some scavengers take over to get all the leftovers. Our anti-heroes are captured. They manage to hail the empire, but find out they won't be rescued. They're expendable.

So they manage to escape and get off world on an old rebel transport. (This becomes their main vessel) They eventually land on some backwater planet where they become muscle for a local population who need help against pirates. This is all fine and good, but eventually in the series, the imperials show up and take over the community.

This is where the grey area comes into question because after trying to enter back into the ranks, they turn on the Imperials and stand with the villagers. From then on, they become mercenaries, wanted by the Empire.

Basically, I'm getting a bit tired of the Anti-hero thing. So I want a story where we see bad guys become heroes through a series of circumstances beyond their control

"In 3 ABY, a crack unit of Imperial commandos was sentenced to 10 years in the spice mines of Kessel for a crime they didn't commit. These soldiers promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Nar Shadaa underground. Today, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, maybe you can call...the I-Team."

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back