George Lucas's museum finds a home in Los Angeles

I wonder if the museum will simply be a glorification museum to Lucas, or will it show the contributions of Marcia and Kurtz and give credit where
it's greatly due?
Will it portray the reaction fans continue to have to Jar Jar BInks? Will it show history as it was? Actual museums are supposed to do that.

Hey CessnaDriver ! Given that Han no longer shoots first, R2 no longer tastes bad, Anakin isn't old when dead, etc... I dunno that there's much hope for anything other than Lucas having an affinity for another George's great work, namely '1984' ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @CessnaDriver ! Given that Han no longer shoots first, R2 no longer tastes bad, Anakin isn't old when dead, etc... I dunno that there's much hope for anything other than Lucas having an affinity for another George's great work, namely '1984' ;) .

It will be interesting to see, but yes I expect as you describe.
He could blame Spielberg for the "special edition" of Close Encounters I suppose as his inspiration.

I wonder if the museum will simply be a glorification museum to Lucas,

Yes...

- - - Updated - - -

LA is such a mystery to me. I've been there but I still feel like I havent

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Because it has no culture (or too much spread too thin - take your pick)...

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, LA has changed considerably in recent years, it's still a dump overall but it has gotten better. It's also worth noting that the proposed location is pretty ideal since it puts it right along side several other LA museums, like the LA County Museum of Art, the Natural History Museum, and the California Science Center; this means that in one day you can see Star Wars related stuff, dinosaur fossils, classic works of art, and the space shuttle Endeavor all without having to get back into your car or bus.

And pretty darn close to the heart of Gangland U.S.A.

Been nice to see it down in Orange County, in The Great Park (former USMC El Toro), but I suppose that would be a stretch.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back