Netflix - Dark props

31356731_10156208390736390_2186177566715412480_n.jpg
Currently :D
With a few more pieces in the works

Got a little more knocked out, still hoping for more references to turn up. :unsure I did manage to start laying out templates for the underframe, and also replace the stand-in screws and pilot holes with the correct sizing. I also got some decent shots of the machines internals moving, and where it actually lights up as well when operating... Slow and steady....

I've been wanting to do Jonas for a while for halloween and I just love the ideal of owning a working geiger counter.

Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten anywhere with drawing up and distributing 3d printing files for the orb? If not I think I will reach out to a friend who has a printer and see what he could offer for advice.

Thanks!

Also great work to laellee work and others for their props and research on other items of the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wanting to do Jonas for a while for halloween and I just love the ideal of owning a working geiger counter.

You can get them fairly cheap. If you are a stickler for tiny details, look for one with the clear plastic diamond pattern cover on the lower part of the gauge, and the letter T in CIRCUIT should be parallel to the line denoting a full reading at maximum. See mine below for reference:

2.jpg

I haven't seen any work on the Orb, maybe laellee could model one though? He's done such insane work on the box that the orb seems like a no brainer.

I actually just purchased one from ebay a few days ago. It was a CDV-715 as well. Not sure how close it will be to yours, but I think it will be well worth it.

I feel like the LED part is super easy, but the dome and it's attachment to the handle is the tricky part. Also the slight opaque nature of the orb. I'm going to think about it a bit more.

Sounds good, you will like the CDV-715.

Some people have suggested that the dome is a Chinese LED orb light, cut down and modified.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back