Yahoo Sci Fi Comedy "Other Space" (MST3K fans heads up)

Other Space is great! I actually came here to see if anyone knew what their ray gun is based off of. Looks like a laser thermometer maybe?

OtherSpace_GettingToKnowYou.jpg

It was okay. I love Joel and Trace, but the whole thing had a cheap YouTube vibe and the acting, overall, was pretty cheesy. Still, for 4 hours of my life, I thought it was time worth spending.

I really wanted to like it, for Joel and Trace's sake. But I couldn't get past about 5 minutes. Poorly acted and directed and just not funny. So I never even got to Joel and Trace!

Maybe I'll try again sometime.

I really wanted to like it, for Joel and Trace's sake. But I couldn't get past about 5 minutes. Poorly acted and directed and just not funny. So I never even got to Joel and Trace!

Maybe I'll try again sometime.

Yeah, you gotta stick with it, there is payoff.

It's got an odd appeal after a while.
And there are some really good performances by the ships "computer".
She did a good job acting on screen on a screen.

It reminds me in some ways of Red Dwarf- That also requires about three episodes of watching it, thinking "WTF?!" Before it starts to work....

For those of us in the US and maybe Canada, Tina is also the fan of "Bedazzling" in the AT&T commercials.

Other Space is great! I actually came here to see if anyone knew what their ray gun is based off of. Looks like a laser thermometer maybe?

View attachment 479190

Glad I'm not the only one. I've been looking through pics of laser thermometers, baby thermometers, glue guns, and whatever else I could think of...

I think the one you found DOES look pretty close to the base shape. I was just watching that episode again last night and there was one shot from behind that has two buttons ans a red button between and below, so that makes the one you found even MORE close. Sand and paint it white and black and then figure out bits and bobs for the front and sides.

I want so bad to make Zalien's jumpsuit. I don't know of a good place to get custom patches made, especially the hexagonal "Galactic Cartographers" one.

-Pizmeyre

I want so bad to make Zalien's jumpsuit. I don't know of a good place to get custom patches made, especially the hexagonal "Galactic Cartographers" one.

-Pizmeyre

I was thinking the same thing. Especially because the other uniforms would not look good on me.

I was also interested in A.R.T.

Anybody going to start wearing neck balls?

It reminds me in some ways of Red Dwarf- That also requires about three episodes of watching it, thinking "WTF?!" Before it starts to work....
It reminds me much more of another British space-comedy series: Hyperdrive, starring Nick Frost and Miranda Hart. Basic premise like Star Trek but with the most useless crew in the fleet...

After much looking, this is the closest one I found:
http://www.amazon.com/Non-Contact-Thermometer-Best-Hand-Gun-Style-Digital-Temperature-Thermometer/dp/B00PNCHUOO/ref=pd_sbs_328_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1Y7DRWHZQ4FXMWMGCTD4

Looks like they've added a nose/emitter tube, a side-fin, and an extra grip thingee.

Edited for a better link.
I found a lot of different thermometers it could be with the hump on the top. The panels on the sides and the emitter on the front appear to be ad-ons. I figured they went to a local store like Walmart, Target, or a drug store but I could not find an exact match.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back