Brian's Blade Runner Builds

Reconstructing Deckard’s vintage photographs. Following on from my high-res Rachael family photo, I have been working on Deckard’s photos. (with nothing but very low-res blurry images as reference) I’ve included two details of the pics at full print resolution.

deckard and wife.jpgvintage 1.jpgvintage 2.jpg

deckard and wife.jpg

vintage 1.jpg

vintage 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Candykiller - I hope I haven’t missed the boat here, as you have most likely moved on to other projects, but I recently purchased the water gun and was looking on line for info on how to redo it and found this website which has a lot of great tips from you and others. I have some questions and hope you can find time to answer them. First question is, you posted, “...new grip area is mostly constructed with styrene sheet and filled solid with Milliput”. Did you mean that you cut two patterns of the area and then sandwiched the Milliput between them? Second question, you posted, “...I built in a metal rod between the grips and the main body for reinforcement, and the whole thing has been weighted”. Can you explain this process in a little more detail, as far as placement of the metal rod, what kind of metal, what did you use to weight it, etc.? Last question, you said you used oil paints on the gun, can you use some type of sealer to spray on or would that not be compatible with oil? Again, I hope I haven’t missed the boat on this one and hope that you might still be looking at this section.

I have some questions and hope you can find time to answer them...

1- Yes, I constructed front and back pieces for the grip area with styrene sheets. I glued one in place, filled the area with Milliput then glued the other piece in place to form a solid grip foundation.

2 - While the grip area was hollowed out, I drilled a hole between the grip and main body and placed the metal rod between the two areas, and stuck it into place with lots of Araldite (epoxy glue) at both sides. I just used a threaded metal rod that I had lying around. (I can’t remember where it came from) Finally I filled the main body of the blaster with fine sand for weight, and sealed the front of the barrel with more Araldite.

3 - I used fast-drying oil paint, and I didn’t find that sealer was necessary.

Any change you will be working on any of these?

View attachment 793579

I made a start to the photo you circled at the top, but it's a tricky one because the best reference I can find is so blurry that I can't see enough to go on. If anyone can provide a clearer image, it would be very much appreciated. (I will also make these all available on here in high-res when I'm done)

I made a start to the photo you circled at the top, but it's a tricky one because the best reference I can find is so blurry that I can't see enough to go on. If anyone can provide a clearer image, it would be very much appreciated. (I will also make these all available on here in high-res when I'm done)

Awesome. I'll start looking for clearer shots.... this is the best screen shot I could find online but the search continues :D

blade-runner-movie-screencaps.com-7837.jpg

Thanks Buch - that screenshot has a little bit more detail than the best one I managed to find. I'll do what I can based on this, but if you can find a clearer image, please post it and I'll update the master image as we go along.

Reconstructing Deckard’s vintage photographs. Following on from my high-res Rachael family photo, I have been working on Deckard’s photos. (with nothing but very low-res blurry images as reference) I’ve included two details of the pics at full print resolution.

View attachment 777947View attachment 777948View attachment 777949

View attachment 777947

View attachment 777948

View attachment 777949

Sorry for the necro post.

Okay if I share your post to "Blade Runner Props (Propsummit)"

Good work on those photos. I've been remastering as many of my BR photos as I can using the 4K UHD disc as source this time round. Some are looking like a big upgrade.

Good work on those photos. I've been remastering as many of my BR photos as I can using the 4K UHD disc as source this time round. Some are looking like a big upgrade.

I like your precious picture set kurtyboy, Any idea when a remastered set will be available to us lot?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back