Solo: A Star Wars Story

Was really hoping for...

CHEWBACCA
A Star Wars Story

It just isn't fair.

Could have been waaaaaay worse.
chewie.0.jpg

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

Rumor has it taking place over three periods of time in Han's life. As a late teen, then early 20's and late 20's. I think Harrison was 34 or so in 1976.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks shiny and new!

I wonder if they might try to fill in some of the blanks between ROtJ and TFA in subsequent films...

I am fine with the title, and stand by what I said back in August:

I just gotta say, I wish they could break the fourth wall even a little, and have this over the end titles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQJDrohLoOw

But when it comes down to it, I wish they'd go with a single-word title of the character's surname for these vignette stories (I still feel Rogue One needs to get incorporated into the numbered episodes). So the standalones would look like this:

Solo

Kenobi

Fett

And like that. That last one, especially, allows the wiggle room of including Jango, via flashbacks or a story spanning decades or lingering reputation or whatever.

Oh -- and Dan, I never responded to your reply...

I'd prefer they not keep mining old characters for stories and instead focus on new characters. Rogue One was great, but obviously is a one shot. I'd like more of that.

I think explorations into interesting characters that don't fit the overall saga narrative are always welcome, if done well. In the future, once more is known from the saga films, I'd also like to see, maybe, delves into Poe or Qui-Gon or Cassian. And as a fun weekend project a few years back I very sloppily cut all the stuff showing Aakin's slide to the Dark Side -- including the reveals that shoudn't have been in the films -- into something like a Vader standalone. That's something I'd also like to see tackled better...

--Jonah

I am fine with the title, and stand by what I said back in August:

Oh -- and Dan, I never responded to your reply...

I think explorations into interesting characters that don't fit the overall saga narrative are always welcome, if done well. In the future, once more is known from the saga films, I'd also like to see, maybe, delves into Poe or Qui-Gon or Cassian. And as a fun weekend project a few years back I very sloppily cut all the stuff showing Aakin's slide to the Dark Side -- including the reveals that shoudn't have been in the films -- into something like a Vader standalone. That's something I'd also like to see tackled better...

--Jonah

I don't mind the title, I guess, but it just seems kinda...brief. My hope is that the fact that it's not a "colon" movie (e.g., something like "Solo: Birth of a Smuggler" or whathaveyou) suggests that it will be a one-off as well.

Even if they're done really, really well, I'd prefer to see these films that focus on old characters' backstories be used to launch new characters' stories. Like, I dunno, Emilia Clarke's character could get a series of films. (I hear she'll be looking for work in another year or so...) Or (had any of them survived), there could've been the further stories of the Rogue One team.

That said, I'd also like to get away from prequels. I don't necessarily mean "the prequel era." There can be good stuff to mine in that era, as the Clone Wars cartoon demonstrated. Rather, I mean backstories to characters where we know what happens to them. I'd prefer to see stories about characters where the end point is a question mark. One of the things I enjoy about Rebels is the speculation of what happened to the Rebel characters. Did they disappear? Continue with the Alliance? Die? Go underground? Sure we have a time period where we can make educated guesses, but we don't really know, and that allows us to be invested in their stories and the drama they face.

With all the data that Bandai have collected for their Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon 1/72,....information which is now filtering down to the studio scale modellers, filling in greeblies that have been a mystery all these years,....it would be a complete waste if the files were not utilised for recreating a CG asset of the 3 gear Falcon for this movie

J

With all the data that Bandai have collected for their Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon 1/72,....information which is now filtering down to the studio scale modellers, filling in greeblies that have been a mystery all these years,....it would be a complete waste if the files were not utilised for recreating a CG asset of the 3 gear Falcon for this movie

J

I might actually cry if it doesn't... they have a great track record of paying attention lately, and I hope they keep it up. But every production is a little different...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back