Generic ROGUE ONE Rebel Trooper - Find/Modify/Build Thread

One of the final steps was to add the small styrene strips to the block part of the scope.

IMG_1233.JPG

Then I assembled the whole thing and glued the block to the rail system. So that is the whole scope, done! Now to wait for the molding supplies to arrive.

IMG_1234.JPG

With a little time to kill, I started work on the helmet. Since the shield is too loose for my liking I am adding snaps to the inside that will mate to snaps on the fabric cover. That will keep it from rotating or falling off if I bend down to pick something up.

IMG_1235.JPG

Yay! The molding material arrived. So tomorrow I can start on the scope mold. Until then I did more work on the helmet. I added a small plastic tab that I screwed to the side lamp. Once the helmet is painted I will glue this tab to the inside, lower edge of the helmet. I also ordered the Montana Gold Petrol paint for the helmet and the rubber bands.

IMG_1250.JPG IMG_1249.JPG

Last night I had a fit of designing and made up the file for the Nerf add-ons for the stock. The Nerf stock is shorter then the screen used but this should be pretty close. We will see once it is printed!

IMG_1252.JPG

Sooo. After being made aware of the existence of Load Bearing Vests in R1, I promptly took out the sewing machine, and started right away. I'm still waiting for some WW1-belt buckles zu arrive, so I can complete the back, but the front has come away nicely. It is accurate to a point, given my stature not being that of a SpecOps Infiltrator :-D Hope it ads to the Rebellion's cause :-D I've also added pictures of my helmet, which I completed yesterday.
17904304_1864140470278894_1861826655858779894_n.jpg17952027_1864140503612224_8401993405913022719_n.jpg17968900_1866503023375972_784187215_o.jpg17917072_1866491803377094_560166456_o.jpg

Sooo. After being made aware of the existence of Load Bearing Vests in R1, I promptly took out the sewing machine, and started right away. I'm still waiting for some WW1-belt buckles zu arrive, so I can complete the back, but the front has come away nicely. It is accurate to a point, given my stature not being that of a SpecOps Infiltrator :-D Hope it ads to the Rebellion's cause :-D I've also added pictures of my helmet, which I completed yesterday.
View attachment 721462View attachment 721464View attachment 721465View attachment 721463

Looking great! I dig the Sabbac card on the helmet.The greeblies on the vest look good too.

Ok, here is a bunch of random updates on the many items I am working on.

The scope is clayed up and under the first layer of rubber. Yay!

IMG_1262.JPG IMG_1263.JPG

Everything looks better with a layer of black primer. I sanded off all the logos on the Nerf blaster, there were more than I thought.

IMG_1256.JPG IMG_1257.JPG IMG_1255.JPG

The parts for the Nerf blaster stock. So far, this is the most complicated thing I have designed and printed.

IMG_1259.JPG

Wooo! It's all coming together!

Continuing work on the stock mods. I cut out two slots in the butt of the stock of the small part off the main block.

IMG_1302.JPG

I also was able to check the fit on the block with the central part of the Nerf stock. I did have to cut the flanges off the end of the cylinder but that won't matter as the stock will be glued in place and will not longer adjust. I also removed the latch on the front as I plan to glue the stock on.

IMG_1304.JPG IMG_1303.JPG

Test fit of all the parts!

IMG_1301.JPG

I also thought I would see what all the other primered parts would look all together with all the other Target Nerf.

IMG_1305.JPG

I also finished up the strap camera and attached the correct straps on the helmet. Still needs a little silver dry brush but I will do that when I do the rest of the helmet.

IMG_1306.JPG

Hey Psicorp, just wondering if you had a link to the Han Solo stripes, I've found the ESB ones but they seem drastically different colours to what you've managed to get. Cheers in advance.

Hey Psicorp, just wondering if you had a link to the Han Solo stripes, I've found the ESB ones but they seem drastically different colours to what you've managed to get. Cheers in advance.

The seller on Etsy will change the background color and the embroidery to a brown and tan mix if you message them. They are custom and not listed. Same pattern as the blood stripes. Just specify the color and the length.

I think I'll be going after this soldiers look;
IMG_4328.PNG
Main tackles:
-Under shirt/jacket similar to Melshi (long w/ quilt stitching on lower portions/stand collar)
-Mod vest (no collar on flak vest/paint/dye if not already correct color)
-pants look to have sew in layered padding(?)
-Leather goods
-hat ear radio and chest emblem on flak vest
-war face
I'm looking into all best and cheapest options out there. After April I can invest a bit more, but for now have to budget; I'm excited though. I'll definitely be using this thread as inspiration :)

Wish me luck, haha

I think I'll be going after this soldiers look;
View attachment 722597
Main tackles:
-Under shirt/jacket similar to Melshi (long w/ quilt stitching on lower portions/stand collar)
-Mod vest (no collar on flak vest/paint/dye if not already correct color)
-pants look to have sew in layered padding(?)
-Leather goods
-hat ear radio and chest emblem on flak vest
-war face
I'm looking into all best and cheapest options out there. After April I can invest a bit more, but for now have to budget; I'm excited though. I'll definitely be using this thread as inspiration :)

Wish me luck, haha

Nice Variant! I don't think anyone has tackled that variant yet. It looks like he is wearing the French three pocket grenade pouch on his right leg. It has been dyed brown instead of the normal Olive Drab. Good Luck!

Thank you!

I did find a bit out last night over on the Rebel Legion. 40+ pages of info over there that was helpful.

I think I'll be custom making most to all of the major pieces(vest/shirt/pants) and the I'll purchase the rest from vendors making the hat, hat com, pouches etc.

let the fun begin:)

Epic! Thank you!

That will absolutely help. I've been digging for hi res imagines from the book and of the vests the troops wear for details so that's a tremendous help.

As I'm sure you and most can tell, I'm a little late to this party haha :) again, I appreciate all the help.

I wouldn't say you were late to the party. They have not even defined the Trooper costume regs.on the Rebel Legion yet. So these builds are still loads ahead of lots of people. I don't know if I saw ANY Rogue One troopers at Star Wars Celebration last week.

I wouldn't say you were late to the party. They have not even defined the Trooper costume regs.on the Rebel Legion yet. So these builds are still loads ahead of lots of people. I don't know if I saw ANY Rogue One troopers at Star Wars Celebration last week.

Wow, of all places id think the floors of Celebration would be scattered with rebel troops.

Maybe im just seeing the same guys and gals just on different forums. Not a member over at the Rebel Legion but that forum is very helpful. So shoutout to all those members who are also over here.

I saw one or two of the Scarif Rebels at SWCO on Sunday. I hope to see more as time goes by, feels like a lot of the fandom is dominated by baddies

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back