SNG studios Daily video

Hey Steve,

I finally got to watch MARS ATTACKS SNG! Absolutely loved it. The only problem, I had to race out for hot dogs afterwards.

All the best to you and the crew at home, my friend.

Ted.

Stargazer is all buttoned up and ready for sanding and final parts. Got the nacelles on for good. Everything is light blocked and soon I can do the Aztecs as early as Friday. Lots of Squadron putty on the seems that I'll need to sand down tomorrow and primer. Another couple of weeks and I'll have our first VOD for our Patreon subscribers followed by "How to build a Phaser". smile emoticon

IMG_2419.JPGIMG_2417.JPGIMG_2413.JPG

IMG_2419.JPG

IMG_2417.JPG

IMG_2413.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit more done on Stargazer. Impulse engines mounted but still need diffusion and finishing. All the squadron putty is sanded smooth but for the finer finish I used the Bondo Spot putty air cured to get it really smooth. It has yet to be sanded. Will do that on Monday.
With any luck and a strong breeze I'll have it ready to start the final paint and Aztecs Monday afternoon. It will go quick after that. Love this ship! Randy's VoodooFX board works perfectly as always.

IMG_2446.JPGIMG_2443.JPGIMG_2442.JPG

IMG_2446.JPG

IMG_2443.JPG

IMG_2442.JPG

Stargazer, Stargazer. The studio is so busy its hard to work a straight day through anymore but I try. Today I got 7 hours in and finally got the blend on the seams I needed. Then I tired a bit of Aztecing panels on the nacelles to see if it sells. I'm doing this model as the Stargazer as it looked in TNG. a bit battle worn and weathered. Before time ran out today I started Lou's Aztek Dummies Aztecs. Tomorrow I should finish the entire paint job and get some of the JT-Graphics decals on. Next week I will have the "Video on Demand" on this build ready which documents the entire build.

IMG_2461.JPGIMG_2460.JPGIMG_2458.JPGIMG_2454.JPGIMG_2452.JPGIMG_2450.JPGIMG_2449.JPGIMG_2448.JPG

IMG_2461.JPG

IMG_2460.JPG

IMG_2458.JPG

IMG_2454.JPG

IMG_2452.JPG

IMG_2450.JPG

IMG_2449.JPG

IMG_2448.JPG

So it's not finished by a long shot. Lots of painting the small stuff. Doors. that duck egg blue on the bays, around the bridge, on the leading edges of the pylons and stuff like that. But it's getting there. Maybe three more days.
I have Adam Nimoy coming to the studio Friday which will take much of that day up but there's still tomorrow and the weekend.
BTW the JT-Graphics decals are fantastic!

IMG_2480.JPGIMG_2477.JPGIMG_2475.JPGIMG_2473.JPGIMG_2471.JPGIMG_2468.JPGIMG_2466.JPGIMG_2464.JPG

IMG_2480.JPG

IMG_2477.JPG

IMG_2475.JPG

IMG_2473.JPG

IMG_2471.JPG

IMG_2468.JPG

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2464.JPG

Yes that and more. ;)

All the decals are on top side. I did a lot more painting and blending but always this iPhone over contrasts it, not how it really looks in person. As you can see it looks different in different lighting.
Tomorrow I will finish the under side and add more detail to the nacelles and call it done. Over the weekend I'll cut the video of the entire build in one show. Should be interesting seeing it from out of the box to finished. I have a custom base for it inbound but it won't get here in time for the cut video I need to get that video to my very patience subscribers but will have it in the weekly show once I get it.

IMG_2505.JPGIMG_2506.JPGIMG_2507.JPGIMG_2510.JPGIMG_2501.JPGIMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2510.JPG

IMG_2507.JPG

IMG_2506.JPG

IMG_2505.JPG

IMG_2501.JPG

IMG_2500.JPG

How about a Speed Boat? That’s right Rick Sternbach’s wonderful designed shuttle. This is by far my favorite shuttle from Star Trek, a really little fast sports car of space.
Kevin Price made this and sent it to me years ago. I keep coming across it in my collection and with Stargazer finished I thought this would be a nice Video on Demand show for our Patreon subscribers. Not another TOS 1/350 or Voyager or JJ mobile but something completely different.
I cut the windows today. No small feat as the model was intended to have the windows painted to look tinted like the studio model. Not good enough for me as I plan to have them tinted all right but a lighted cockpit interior as well so when it’s lighted you can see it through the windows.
After I got the back cut open there was a lot of uneven resin in there I had to grind out. But I did and it’s going well.
More tomorrow.

IMG_2590.JPGIMG_2588.JPGIMG_2584.JPGIMG_2581.JPGIMG_2578.JPG

IMG_2590.JPG

IMG_2588.JPG

IMG_2584.JPG

IMG_2581.JPG

IMG_2578.JPG

Things are moving along smoothly on this studio scale Speed boat. The nacelles are just pinned together for now. A test fit and a check to see it the solid cast resin nacelles will glow properly and then do. A bit more light blocking to go tomorrow and I can finish off both. I haven’t placed the fiber optics yet for the NAV lights that go fore and aft on the nacelles but the holes are drilled. Once all this is done I can then start in on the interior which of course will be lighted.
More tomorrow.

IMG_2601.JPGIMG_2603.JPGIMG_2612.JPGIMG_2606.JPGIMG_2594.JPG

Got the lighted panels complete with Okuda graphics installed. Windows are cut from tinted plex. With the interior lighting off it just looks like the studio model. but lighted up you can see inside enough to make things out. I didn't have time today to fit the windows flush but once I do I'll remove them and paint the model first. Will make the two seats tomorrow and my interior is based more on Rick's original concept drawings. More tomorrow.

IMG_2671.JPGIMG_2670.JPGIMG_2657.JPGIMG_2655.JPG

IMG_2671.JPG

IMG_2670.JPG

IMG_2657.JPG

IMG_2655.JPG

Thank you so much guys!

Interior is just about done. Seats built today. Light leaks in the interior fixed. Windows fitted and pressed in place. I used evercoat to fill the gap so the two pieces of the hull join perfectly and come apart if needed. All lighting working. Another two days and I should have this dome except for the decals which I'll have to wait for a bit.

IMG_2706.JPGIMG_2701.JPGIMG_2700.JPGIMG_2697.JPGIMG_2685.JPGIMG_2681.JPG

IMG_2706.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

IMG_2700.JPG

IMG_2697.JPG

IMG_2685.JPG

IMG_2681.JPG

Just starting on the paint job so much more to do still. By no means is it finished. But it's a start. The base needs more work too. the edges will be faced in a nice wood. But she is really starting to pop. See you all on Tuesday. Have a great three days.

IMG_2732.JPGIMG_2730.JPGIMG_2729.JPGIMG_2726.JPGIMG_2725.JPGIMG_2724.JPGIMG_2723.JPG

IMG_2732.JPG

IMG_2730.JPG

IMG_2729.JPG

IMG_2726.JPG

IMG_2725.JPG

IMG_2724.JPG

IMG_2723.JPG

Steve,

Did you check youtube for MST3K's version of "Laserblast" ? Crow even mention you during the opening credits: "Brother of Neil Steve Engel".

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back